New sekret project confirmed?

Zoma

Bethesda caused themselves a PR ****storm when they started blacklisting all sites that called them out on their bull****.

Actually, they continue to get away with this. It's not very uncommon in the industry to believe that this kind of aggressive 'PR' works in their favour. And seeing as how nobody really calls them up on it... I suppose it's not wrong.

Bethesda caused themselves a PR ****storm when they started blacklisting all sites that called them out on their bull****.

Actually, they continue to get away with this. It's not very uncommon in the industry to believe that this kind of aggressive 'PR' works in their favour. And seeing as how nobody really calls them up on it... I suppose it's not wrong.

Not to mention the preview process of Fallout 3, where one actually had to play the game under Bethesda supervision (I believe the excuse was to "counter piracy"?). Nowadays, an unfavorable (p)review is something developers and publishers are extremely afraid of, and they therefore take their precautions. In my eyes, a preview should be an unbiased look into the feel of an unreleased game, so that I can decide whether or not this may be something for me. If the preview just states that the game omg roxxorz, it's pretty useless. The large amounts of expensive swag sent to reviewers and video game journalists may also be a cause for concern.

Unless you know your way around the internets, you won't find out about these practices, and most consumers have no idea about this going on. As you say, "nobody really calls them up on it", and thus the large majority of consumers are being kept in the dark.

Sorry for this off-topic rant, but I just had to get it off my chest.

Edited by ericjones

The only hint we can provide is that the game will be awesome.

Ha, way to help out Rorie. :o

Yeah, at least you could answer us one of these three questions:

1) Is it a licensed game or a new IP? (My suspicion: licensed game - hence the early contract signing)

2) Is it a fantasy game, a sci-fi game or a modern game?

3) Is it a RPG?

Ha, way to help out Rorie. :lol:

1) Is it a licensed game or a new IP? (My suspicion: licensed game - hence the early contract signing)

3) Is it a RPG?

It is a game.

But srsly, not going to be able to talk about anything for a while. I'm sure you guys will have fun speculating in the meantime.

Matthew Rorie

Ha, way to help out Rorie. :lol:

3) Is it a RPG?

It is a game.

But srsly, not going to be able to talk about anything for a while. I'm sure you guys will have fun speculating in the meantime.

Alright - I guess you are bound by those pesky secrecy contracts and have to keep --> ;(

My speculation:

1) Licensed game (hint from the contract signing so early on)

2) I am unsure here - it could be fantasy or sci-fi - I doubt it is set in contemporary/modern times

3) RPG - Obsidian is good at those, so why mess with success...

My speculation:

2) I am unsure here - it could be fantasy or sci-fi - I doubt it is set in contemporary/modern times

Yea, based off that one quote from some dev a while back about a "Fantasy RPG", I'm fairly certain it is one.

Which then leaves basically... Atari as the Publisher. So that means....... BG3 or NWN3.... OR a new 4th ED Game.

Speculation is fun! :lol:

I like where this is going (assuming it's a cRPG from Black Isle/early Bioware, maybe Troika.)

Fantasy or Sci-fi is fine with me >_<

The last thing the world needs is FPS #5,731 being released. As long as it's not holding my hand like other "games".

Which then leaves basically... Atari as the Publisher.

I'd never thought I might start giving a **** about Atari again.

So that means....... BG3 or NWN3....

If this industry had a beating pulse left, let it be this.

Edited by Syraxis

an RPG would be nice.

maybe an RPG that spoofs gamer culture as a whole :D

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So that means....... BG3 or NWN3....

If this industry had a beating pulse left, let it be this.

Heaven forbid. I'm tired of FR, and of the Sword Coast in particular. Eberron is what all the cool kids like these days.

20795.jpg

I've been thinking about these points for some time:

-It involves Obsidian being extremely pleased with whatever project they signed on

-J.E happends to be part of the contract

So, what do you think of the chances it could be the revival of the Black Hound?