New sekret project confirmed?

Zoma

[quote name='H

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When I read "Me Trees" I first though of Mourns for Trees.

There is no way in hell Obsidian could do a Planescape RPG.

ANyways, since they JUST signed the contract... it will be a long long long long time before we even get a little hit of what it is. Assuming it will be a game that will has 3 or more years to develop?

ANyways, since they JUST signed the contract... it will be a long long long long time before we even get a little hit of what it is. Assuming it will be a game that will has 3 or more years to develop?

Yeah, another long years of uncertainty...

Has Obsidian actually ever thought of making a First-person Dungeon crawler in the vain of Wizardry? I know that genre has extincted like the dinosaurs did, but it still would be a cool change from the otherwise dry NWN formula.

That will never ever ever ever ever ever happen from an AAA RPG Developer, due to consoles and Publishers.

You will only find something like that from Indies. I *believe* Basilisk Games (Who made the excellent Eschalon: Book 1) might actually make one of those type of games.

Please let it be K3. I beg you.

K3 would be super-awesome, but we cannot realistically expect that given the TOR MMORPG, so it is best not to build up expectations.

Yea my feeling is Lucas Arts has given up with the Single Player series of KotOR, and are focused only on the MMOG incarnation (Which BTW completely ignores the storyline of KotOR2).

Sad really.

It would be nice, if say one of those really nice Obsidian people said something like "The Publisher for this contract starts with the letter A".

That could help us narrow down our speculation. :*

And also, if such a contract was signed, would it not then be possibly a News post on some Publishers website somewhere?

*Looks at funcroc*

They could theoretically keep things under wraps until licensing or some other sort of obligation has to be fulfilled.

True, but wouldn't a good marketing plan be to hype it as early as possible?

Edited by Syraxis

They could theoretically keep things under wraps until licensing or some other sort of obligation has to be fulfilled.

True, but wouldn't a better marketing plan be to hype it as early as possible?

That (sometimes) is not a good thing.

See Dragon Age and "Enslaving people with Necromancy" :*

See Dragon Age and "Enslaving people with Necromancy" :o

So... I can reanimate the dead to enslave people?

AWSUM!1!

Also: Hi Josh! I see that you're watching the thread, can we have a hint? Pleeeease. :*

Is 'Awesome' better than 'Tyte'? :rolleyes:

Edit: and is this in any way related to Project New Jersey?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

See Dragon Age and "Enslaving people with Necromancy" :)

So... I can reanimate the dead to enslave people?

AWSUM!1!

Also: Hi Josh! I see that you're watching the thread, can we have a hint? Pleeeease. o:)

IIRC, Gaider or someone else from Bioware originally claimed at the Rpgcodex' forums that one could "enslave nations with necromancy" in the original campaign of Neverwinter Nights 1, which of course turned out to be false. Hilarity ensued by 'Codexians at the forums.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

IIRC, Gaider or someone else from Bioware originally claimed at the Rpgcodex' forums that one could "enslave nations with necromancy" in the original campaign of Neverwinter Nights 1, which of course turned out to be false.

It must have been a 'cut' feature.

Hilarity ensued by 'Codexians at the forums.

I remember their review of Oblivion and how when it was posted on the Bethsoft forums just before/day of release, everyone had second thoughts about purchasing the game (compare E3 version to retail). Bethesda caused themselves a PR ****storm when they started blacklisting all sites that called them out on their bull****.

IIRC, Gaider or someone else from Bioware originally claimed at the Rpgcodex' forums that one could "enslave nations with necromancy" in the original campaign of Neverwinter Nights 1, which of course turned out to be false. Hilarity ensued by 'Codexians at the forums.

Enslaving nations had been mentioned in one of the early previews of Dragon Age, one of the few that had been published before BioWare started a proper hype campaign. It quickly became a minor meme, and not only on the Codex. I've seen it referenced at other sites as well.

Edited by H
20795.jpg