New sekret project confirmed?

Zoma

In my mind, the possibility of a steampunk RPG is still there. I BELIEVE.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I dunno about BG3 man. These casual gamers will have a strange mindset of claiming BG 3 to be a copycat of Dragon Age. Sheesh.

Its also unlikely that KOTOR 3 would be made. Apparently Bioware will gloss over the storyline of KOTOR 2 and pretend it does not happend for their KOTOR MMO setting.

So it could be Neverwinter Nights 3 which is a high probability, or some new/existing virgin IP that excites the Obsidian peeps very much. I kind of personally hope it could be Warhammer 40K.

So it could be Neverwinter Nights 3 which is a high probability, or some new/existing virgin IP that excites the Obsidian peeps very much. I kind of personally hope it could be Warhammer 40K.

An "Inquisitor" crpg would be awesome (not to mention a darn good match for Obsidian style atmosphere and writing) :getlost:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would not mind a western setting. Like good old western movies.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I dunno about BG3 man. These casual gamers will have a strange mindset of claiming BG 3 to be a copycat of Dragon Age. Sheesh.

Will DA even sell that well? It's not going to be as dumbed down as TES IV: Special Olympics (I'll never forgive Bethesda for that travesty,) and it has OMG ISOMETRIC VIEW OLD RELIC!!!!1. But Phil Harrison was quoted about a year or two ago stating "we will be returning to these properties but not today." It's possible but we'll just have to wait and see.

Its also unlikely that KOTOR 3 would be made. Apparently Bioware will gloss over the storyline of KOTOR 2 and pretend it does not happend for their KOTOR MMO setting.

I personally interpret that as TOR being set in an "alternate universe" type setting, making it pretty much a spin off from the main series. If that's the case, they could continue with the main series and please the core fans without completely selling out to the WoW children. If not, I hope it fails and the amount of damage it does is considerably large. :getlost:

So it could be Neverwinter Nights 3 which is a high probability, or some new/existing virgin IP that excites the Obsidian peeps very much.

As long as the Engine, game and toolset isn't forcibly rushed (diaf Atari), I'll be happy with that as well.

I kind of personally hope it could be Warhammer 40K.

The RTS games were fun, but I could never get into the series any farther then that. But it would undoubtedly be profitable.

Edited by Syraxis

SW:ToR tales place 300-500 years after the events of KotoRII, so it would be safe to assume that no matter what happens in a supposed KotoR III would have little to no impact on the events of ToR. My best guess is BG III because Atari has left the BG franchise without a new addition in 8 years now?

I'm game for anything though and WH 40K would be like ... something that would get me banned from here if I put it into words, so I'll leave it at that :getlost:

Will DA even sell that well? It's not going to be as dumbed down as TES IV: Special Olympics (I'll never forgive Bethesda for that game.) But Phil Harrison was quoted about a year or two ago stating "we will be returning to these properties but not today." It's possible but we'll just have to wait and see.

I will guarantee it will sell well. There's already alot of hype that Dragon Age is the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate series with the game being penned and lead by the same designe, David Gaider. Plus its typical cliche fantasy setting that everyone could digest easily like bigmac, not some Eastern wanna-be setting.

As long as the Engine, game and toolset isn't forcibly rushed (diaf Atari), I'll be happy with that as well.

I have faith Obsidian learnt alot of things during Neverwinter Nights 2's erratic development progress. Obsidian conceded of some mistakes they made which involved putting too many eggs in one baskets during the development and an unforeseen problem of the electron engine and the core of the aurora engine being incompatible. Furthermore they said that if there are any future games involving tool editors, their highest priority would be making tool as an accessible medium for many people instead of the one in Neverwinter Nights 2.

To be fair, its not entirely Atari's fault but rather a share of Obsidian's faulty management due to uncapped ambition. There were two lead designers for the game before J.E came on board which is difficult to grasp consistency in the project. They tried to add lots of classes without fixing the old ones first since they were given old Aurora build. The stripping and recreation of the graphics engine that still runs slowly for today's standard. The game was delayed for additional six months remember? Anyway.

The RTS games were fun, but I could never get into the series any farther then that. But it would undoubtedly be profitable.

Why not? The game started off in Pen and Paper RPG format in 1987 under the name Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Rogue_Trader

The rule book originally described Rogue Traders as being freelance explorers employed by the Imperium to search for planets outside of the established borders. A Rogue Trader is a trusted Imperial servant, given a ship, a crew, a contingent of marines and the right to go wherever they so desire. They generally survey uninhabited worlds near to the fringes of Imperial space and on the Eastern Fringes where the Astronomican doesn't reach.

The potentials of new worlds, such as material wealth or knowledge, has stimulated the growth of the Rogue Trader section of society. Some have even gone so far as to try to cross intergalactic space, although even a mighty psyker is not powerful enough to send back reports from that distance. When encountering new alien species, the Rogue Trader is very much a separate organisation from the Imperium, so they must decide how to react to these new creatures. If they judge them unworthy they can be destroyed or they can gather information on them and have someone else destroy them. If he deems them useful, he may make contact with them. If they are only useful for their technology or material wealth then they may be raided, the trader returning to Terra laden with rich goods and undreamt of technology.

A Rogue Trader can be in charge of up to a dozen ships, including many transports with willing colonists and troops. They tend to be individuals who have reached a certain height in the Imperium but for some reason are not considered fit for further advancement. By being offered Rogue Trader status, they can be put somewhere out of harm's reach, though it strengthens their reputation as outcasts. They can include overzealous Space Marine Commanders, powerful navigators and even Inquisitors.

Edited by Zoma

Trying to come up with a good 80's song for our 80's-obsessed boss character.

4:16 PM Apr 2nd from web

Sounds like it's gonna be a modern setting of some sort. If this was written by an Obsidianite..

J.

Edited by Junai

I think it's about time Obsidian jumped on the open world bandwagon. Let Obsidian show all the amateurs how a REAL story driven RPG can be done in a sandbox game!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I want the real Fallout 3! Not OBLIVION WITH GUNS!!!

If it's a new project based on existing IP, and not KotOR or NWN, it's probably Baldur's Gate 3.

Although I would want it to be Arcanum 2 :lol:

EDIT: Yes, of course I would be even more eager for a new Planescape game. But I will probably wait in vain for that.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Whereas I love D&D and would welcome a new D&D game, whatever its name (Neverwinter Nights 3 or Baldur's Gate 3 - it makes little difference, as neither is going to be tied to the original story of either of those games), I truly cannot stand 4E (which for me isn't even D&D) and I fear any new D&D game would have to follow that abomination of a ruleset and flavor. :lol:

Most of all, I would welcome KOTOR 3, but given TOR, that seems unrealistic.

Given these limitations, I hope either for a new NWN 2 expansion, or a new IP.

Was that legal? Is she allowed to do that?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Trying to come up with a good 80's song for our 80's-obsessed boss character.

4:16 PM Apr 2nd from web

Sounds like it's gonna be a modern setting of some sort. If this was written by an Obsidianite..

J.

That's Alpha Protocol.

Also, yaaay :woot: happiness!

TEASE! :lol:

EDIT: Yes, of course I would be even more eager for a new Planescape game. But I will probably wait in vain for that.

I would love to see a remake of Planescape : Torment. That game focused so much on dialogues that a remake with complete voice over and an engine that can do "more than decent" animations (so that you can have all the things described on the dialogues directly on screen, not described) would be very sweet. Obsidian could take the time to enhance the combat gameplay, as it really wasn't that good. And perhaps try to add more possibilities for customization of your character class-wise.

At the very least we can be assured that the Sega troubles will not have put Obsidian to pasture.

I wonder how long we'll wait before the project is revealed. AP was unveiled, what, 2 years into development? And Aliens was probably announced fairly early.

Edited by Pop

At the very least we can be assured that the Sega troubles will not have put Obsidian to pasture.

Amen.

I dont' care what the project is as long as it helps keep them going. If peoplle at Obsidian are happy today, that's good news.

Especially after all the Sega crap over the last few months.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Often its always a year before the date of release. So presuming this game takes up the standard 3 years, we should be expecting some news of sort after 2 years in the making.

I can only wonder if the Onyx engine will have a role to play as a core resource in the making.