Wii & PS2 & PS3

Humodour

What good party/multiplayer games are there for the PS2?

What good action/shooter/RPG games are there for the Wii? Also the PS2, since I never paid attention?

Wii is $400 + 3*$70 for a total of 4 controllers, then about $100 for Super Smash Bros Brawl, $100 for Mario Kart + Wheel, 3*$20 for a total of 4 wheels. That's um 400+210+200+60=870.

Man. There goes my government stimulus package. Though I suppose it'd be pretty fun. And a PS3 would cost as much for the console plus just 2 games. On the other hand, the PS3 games are more like real games (e.g. Alpha Protocol, AvP3, UT3, etc) and it'd mean I wouldn't have to upgrade my comp. Sigh.

For reference the PS2 is $200, that's why I'm contemplating it.

They just lowered the price of the PS2 to 100 bucks. You australians get shafted, you need to move to Canada, I mean we're the ones always competing for nicest place in the world to live, so there won't be too much difference except that its cold in winter instead of summer, and the accent will help you get laid.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They just lowered the price of the PS2 to 100 bucks. You australians get shafted, you need to move to Canada, I mean we're the ones always competing for nicest place in the world to live, so there won't be too much difference except that its cold in winter instead of summer, and the accent will help you get laid.

As tempting as the offer is, our dollar won't hit parity with the USD again until the start of 2010, so it's actually not as big a rip off as it seems. Even so I'm not sure will see any further drop below $200 since PS2's sell too well here. >_<

Australians pay about $140 USD, the Brits pay about $150 USD, the Eurozone pays about $135 USD for a PS2, and if you're correct, you Canadians pay $80 USD. Bah!

Before you invest in a console, make a list of the games you'd actually really want to play.

PS3:

Alpha Protocol

Assassin's Creed

AvP3

Aliens: Colonial Marines

UT3

etc, etc

Wii:

Mario Kart

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Possibly Mario Party (apparently it's good with mates when you're drunk)

PS2:

???

Profit!

Even given the PS3 game line-up above I'm tempted to choose the Wii because the PS3's games all come out on PC, while the Wii is social. Then again if I get a Wii, it'll postpone getting a new PC which means I'm sort of back to square one.

No More Heroes is a pretty cool game for the wii.. it's like a wacky GTA/Assassin/Jedi game.. I've had many hours of fun with it, but I think it's the kind of game you either love or hate..

That looks pretty cool. I hope it's not just a GTA clone, though. I'm not really a fan of mindless violence and evil and such.

I own both the PS3 and the Wii, and I owned the PS2 back in the day.

PS3 is great for single player experiences.

Wii is great for multiple people in the same room experiences.

That's really all there is to it. They aren't remotely alike.

I was really thinking of buying one of those consoles myself but I finally gave up this idea.

PS2 is near the end of its cycle. If it breaks down, it will get harder and harder to get it repaired. If you want to get it modded (because most of the good games got only released in America), there is a risk of laser burnout. There are some good games for it but I prefer using an emulator on my pc. I got my first PSX modded and had a lot of fun with it for years and years, but it was using a different and more stable technology. I don't want to spend loads of bucks for a brand new PS2 and then get it fried after a month of playing.

Wii is a family-friendly console but there's no point if you plan on playing it on your own. Besides, I dislike the wii remote as I prefer using a classing controller (which is not possible with all the new Wii games).

PS3 is expensive and there aren't still enough games for it yet.

CONCLUSION:

Stick to the pc. Most games get ported to the pc anyway and games of the previous generation of consoles will soon be playable on pc through emulators. If you want to get the feel of playing on a console, just connect your pc to a TV and use a USB-controller.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

the wii is first and foremost a party system. If you get it don't expect to get much single player enjoyment out of it. It's designed so that you can laugh at your friends incompetence and vice versa.

PS2 has a good back catalogue of games but it and it's stronger brother are both designed primairly for the single player experiance. PS2 in particular given it doesn't have online multiplayer.

So... I'd suggest Wii only if you know you're gonna have a constant group of friends to play it with, PS2/3 if you're gonna have some more single player time on your hands.

But I don't know if you're gonna have problems with the Playstations because of region difficulties.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But I don't know if you're gonna have problems with the Playstations because of region difficulties.

I think that only the PS3 is region-free.

The PS2 still has the PAL-NTSC-JP distinction and that is really bothersome for european users since some of the very good RPGs have only been released in Japan and in America. Thus, the need to mod your playstation, but from the information I have gathered, there are more risks when modding a PS2 than there where when you were modding a PS1.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

PS3 is expensive and there aren't still enough games for it yet.

It's little bit more expensive, but there are loads of games for PS3 already available, and more and more are scheduled to release this and next year...

Yes Xbox might have more games, but i'd love to see one person who played all of them...

You buy console and 5 - 10 games per year and you are set (if you dont buy ****ty games :lol:)

@Krezack

If you can afford it , buy Wii, PS2, PS3 :)

I do own Wii and PS2, and trying for a year to make my girlfriend believe that PS3 is vital component in the household... i fail misserably at that :woot: anyone has some good strategies up for that? :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Okay I don't understand why anyone would choose a PS3 over an XBox 360... The player experience is usually a lesser experience on the PS3 compared with the XBox 360.

The PS3 has alot of apparent processor grunt but the realities soon hit home when you realise the limitations of the PS3 hardware, along with a whole host of annoying idosyncracies, the GPU just isn't upto the job at all.

PS3 GFX chip is alot like a Geforce 7800, it pretty much is, heck it even required an endian flip on data that's passed to the GPU, but I've covered that before. XBox 360 is more on par with a Geforce 8600. Regardless...

Buy a Wii, if only because of this advert... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PhJp3ciRQ

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

i fail misserably at that :woot: anyone has some good strategies up for that? :lol:

It's a blu-ray player that play's games?

It's great at upscaling those old DVD's for your HD - TV?

... If those haven't worked you're screwed... Well unless she's some bizzare Spiderman 3 fan?

You know if it looks like a george foreman... It probably is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Hh3tBdHwM

Edited by Nightshape

Hmm, yeah, I do have a lot of mates around so we'd make good use of the Wii.

Looks like I'll buy a Wii (we'll be using wheels and the nunchucks I think, Ramza) and the first few components for a new desktop. PS3 is tempting but at that price I could get an equivalent computer anyway AND I could code and surf on that (plus it would play my old games!).

Okay I don't understand why anyone would choose a PS3 over an XBox 360... The player experience is usually a lesser experience on the PS3 compared with the XBox 360.

I'm not at all interested in an Xbox, sorry. End of story.

Why? I know you've said, end of story, I won't try and convince you otherwise either... Pointless little endevour. I'm assuming it's probably because it's a Microsoft product.

The funny thing is that all the PS3 titles Mr Fanboy is listing are for the 360 as well. Or maybe he's just undermining the importance of the 'etc etc' selection on the PS3, such as Nightshade's secret PS3 game.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The funny thing is that all the PS3 titles Mr Fanboy is listing are for the 360 as well. Or maybe he's just undermining the importance of the 'etc etc' selection on the PS3, such as Nightshade's secret PS3 game.

I decide to buy a Wii and a PC and that makes me a... what, PS3 fanboy? That thar is some twisted logic mate.

I make no secret of the fact that I think the Xbox 360 is a poor console, however I'd ask that you and Nightshape to take your fanboy wars elsewhere. It's not hard to start a thread called "MY CUNSUL IS BETTAR TEN URS N00b".

Hmm, yeah, I do have a lot of mates around so we'd make good use of the Wii.

Looks like I'll buy a Wii (we'll be using wheels and the nunchucks I think, Ramza) and the first few components for a new desktop. PS3 is tempting but at that price I could get an equivalent computer anyway AND I could code and surf on that (plus it would play my old games!).

Well, I guess you made the right choice since you want to play in a group. Wii is the best bet for non-online multiplayer gaming.

You could always buy a PS2 though since it is a cheaper option and there are some good multiplayer games for it too. The only advantage I see for the Wii is that it offers a more revolutionary form of gameplay with the Wiimote and stuff.

What I said earlier was just my personal point of view that took in consideration my own gaming needs. I am mostly a solo player, so I don't think the Wii is for me. Moreover, if I can't safely mod a PS2, then there is no point for me to buy one.

ramza: The Wii isn't so much about the revolutionary experience as it is about owning a copy of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros because I never have before, even though I've played them numerous times (even if I could find an N64 + those games, it'd probably break within a year anyway).

The equivalent of Super Mario Kart on PS2 is Crash Nitro Kart or Crash Tag Team Racing.

Super Smash Bros is unique to Nintendo consoles but there are other great multiplayer games on PS2 as well.

I would think more about it if I was about to buy a new console for only 5 games or so (because, to be frank, there aren't many interesting games for the Wii, 10 at best).

PS2 sounds like a safe bet even though the console will stop getting official support in a couple of years.

i fail misserably at that :) anyone has some good strategies up for that? :p

It's a blu-ray player that play's games?

It's great at upscaling those old DVD's for your HD - TV?

... If those haven't worked you're screwed... Well unless she's some bizzare Spiderman 3 fan?

You know if it looks like a george foreman... It probably is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Hh3tBdHwM

Tried it all already, and few more she is still cold as stone :(

Okay I don't understand why anyone would choose a PS3 over an XBox 360...

just to name few

http://www.dailytech.com/New+Xbox+360+Hard...rticle14662.htm

http://www.dailytech.com/Retailers+Estimat...article7892.htm

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/

http://www.us.playstation.com/uncharted/

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/jp/index.html

Blu Ray player

Built in Exchangeable HDD

Built in WiFi

Better designed controllers

I could name few more but i just cant be bothered atm :)

Edited by Mamoulian War