Dragon Age

If you're smart, you'll cut that down from 18 to 16 years.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you're realistic... and lucky... you'll up that from 18 to 25 years, then devote the decades of your remaining life to incessant fretting and worry about their well-being.

Parenting is a job that has no retirement package.

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor. No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God. No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers. Instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small."

That last sentence is an an excellent use of passive voice.

If you're realistic... and lucky... you'll up that from 18 to 25 years, then devote the decades of your remaining life to incessant fretting and worry about their well-being.

Parenting is a job that has no retirement package.

And then people say altruism is unnatural.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It isn't LOTR. There is no doubt about that ever. having similarities isn't the same as being the same.

Fantasy is fantasy, Volourn. Small time hero grows as apersonto take on the big bad. Been there, done that.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor. No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God. No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers. Instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small."

That last sentence is an an excellent use of passive voice.

I'm kinda slow, might want to explain what you mean by that. ;)

And I just like the opening speech of Bioshock.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Fantasy is fantasy, Volourn"

And, Rock Music is Rock Music so Elvis = modern rock

R00fles!

Sports is sports so NHL 09 = Tiger Woods Tour 09.

L0LZ

RPG is RPG so FO = POR2

Fantasy is fantasy so PST = NWN1 OC

Howsers!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"You know that's not what Killian meant."

Sure, I do.

he said fantasy is fantasy. Well, both NWN OC and PST are fantasy. So is BG2, ARC, FF, King Arthur/Merlin Legend, LOTR, and a host of others so accoridng to him they're all the same. ;)

Being in the same genre does NOT make you the same. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

After a while, it all feels the same, Volourn. I have as much urge to play PST as I do NWN1's OC.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I'm kinda slow, might want to explain what you mean by that. ;)

I just noticed your signature and the last sentence has passive sentence structure.

"A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small."

In active sentence structure, it would be, ' A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where petty morality would not bind the scientist, where the small would not constrain the great.'

American style guides tend to demonize the passive voice, and I thought it was a good example of how passive voice can create stronger sentences than the active voice.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

For those of you interested in the romance video from E3: here it is.

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, but I feel like the redhead gets angry part was edited.

Also, <3 how Flemeth's voice actor (Kate Mulgrew, iirc?) makes the characters body language look non-existent.

Classical Greek and Latin make wide use of passive voice. Classical Greek also uses middle voice. In fact, it literally changes the meaning of verbs. For example, Peitho (active) is I persuade whereas Peithomai (middle) means I obey. Kind of like, I persuade myself to do something. I detest the way modern English approaches passive voice because there are times you don't want the subject of the sentence to be actor because of your specific choice of verb. This is especially true in English where word order reigns supreme and verb choices carry nuanced meanings. You might want the artist to be the first thing the reader sees, but you want the impact of that binding as well. It's also true that there is meaning in the subject being acted upon. It makes the scientist much more sympathetic if he's helpless before petty morality.

Hey, I'm just a guy who likes to read, but some of the prohibitions we place on ourselves really chap my hide. Sure, passive voice can become boring, and so we should be judicious in its use,but that doesn't mean we should throw it over entirely.

You hear that guys? My excuse is, that English is only my third language, what's yours? ;)

Best romance mechanics in a game was KOEI's Djenghis Khan (sp?). If I remember correctly, you needed to court future wives/concubines (successfully) to secure offspring or the game would end at the natural lifespan of your current ruler.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did the Morrigan's voice actress change? From earlier videos I thought she had a deeper voice, it doesn't fit the sultry sorceress shtick at all. The French woman's voice is alright, though I am not certain if it is an English woman trying to fake a French accent or a genuine French woman speaking English.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Did the Morrigan's voice actress change? From earlier videos I thought she had a deeper voice, it doesn't fit the sultry sorceress shtick at all. The French woman's voice is alright, though I am not certain if it is an English woman trying to fake a French accent or a genuine French woman speaking English.

Morrigan's voice actress changed. It's now Claudia Black, the woman who played Aerun Sun in Farscape.

She's a real french woman from Paris.

I'm kinda slow, might want to explain what you mean by that. :p

I just noticed your signature and the last sentence has passive sentence structure.

"A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small."

In active sentence structure, it would be, ' A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where petty morality would not bind the scientist, where the small would not constrain the great.'

American style guides tend to demonize the passive voice, and I thought it was a good example of how passive voice can create stronger sentences than the active voice.

Passive voice can turn a rather banal sentence into poetry, if utilized right. I have never understood why so many American institutions are against it. It's a tool in the trade, so use it.