Modern Warfare 2

Bokishi

I don't play much multiplayer anymore, but I have to say that COD4's multiplayer was pretty damn incredible, especially on the PC. I might have to make myself a new box before this comes out, assuming the PC implementation is as good as it was last time around. November 10th will be my 30th birthday, too; should be a nice bday present.

And the singleplayer was terrifically fun, as well. No wonder the thing has sold 12 million copies or something crazy like that.

Because I'm too lazy to google it, I know someone must've interpreted the Russian at the end of it. What's the guy saying? That's an awesome trailer.

Matthew Rorie

I don't play much multiplayer anymore, but I have to say that COD4's multiplayer was pretty damn incredible, especially on the PC. I might have to make myself a new box before this comes out, assuming the PC implementation is as good as it was last time around.

And the singleplayer was terrifically fun, as well. No wonder the thing has sold 12 million copies or something crazy like that.

The multiplayer is great, I was commenting on the campaign.

I don't play much multiplayer anymore, but I have to say that COD4's multiplayer was pretty damn incredible, especially on the PC. I might have to make myself a new box before this comes out, assuming the PC implementation is as good as it was last time around.

The multiplayer is great, I was commenting on the campaign.

I wasn't really replying to you, just making a general comment. Although I did have a really good time with the campaign, myself. Maybe it could've been longer but it was a solid game that I had a really good time with. Nothing particularly crazy innovative, but it was really well executed. But then that's pretty much the history of the Infinity Ward COD games, I guess.

Matthew Rorie

I'm still playing through that campaign. For the sixth time. And its insanely short. I have to admit my expectations are high, but Inifity War has yet to disapoint.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I guess I just don't like overly scripted games. If you take one step away from the designated "path" you will see straight through the illusion.

Speaking of CoD4

The much lauded crawling around after the nuke scene

didn't do anything for me. I was confused and then it ended.

Edited by Purkake

• 1 month later...
Yay, more buildings full on respawning terrorist dudes...

The Chernobyl mission was pretty cool though.

Just read they're finally taking out infinite respawns...Something that's been wrong with the game since the first one released. yay.

Meh terribly overrated series. COD 4 had some fun bits, I liked the War Pig levels and the Chernobyl one but other than that it was pretty ho-hum. It'd be cool see a urban combat game with the same realism that GR 1 had.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meh terribly overrated series. COD 4 had some fun bits, I liked the War Pig levels and the Chernobyl one but other than that it was pretty ho-hum. It'd be cool see a urban combat game with the same realism that GR 1 had.

Look up "6 Days in Falujah"

I really liked the single player campaign, its not any harder to accept that illusion than to accept that of watching a film. You know its fake and scripted, but its still sweet.

...and we play Cod4 multiplayer ALL THE TIME

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Magic health respawning ruined the series for me.

But magic boxes that instantly rejuvenate your health is acceptable? Oh, come on!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Look up "6 Days in Falujah"

I'm pretty sure that would have panned out to be COD4 : In Iraq, if it's still even going, doubt there'll ever be a game like GR 1. Was more about sneaking araound, commiting rapid acts of violence and more sneaking, rather than the non-stop action people seem to want these days. I don't like regenerating health either - was most displeased to see Rainbow Six Vegas 2 have it - but it fits the arcadey shooter COD is.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*reads a game informer article* lessee.... Bigger levels, no infinity respawning enemies, and soap is now captain price.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

and soap is now captain price.

wha? explain

Soap's character was moved up to be the new version of Captain Price (who has made it into almost every Infinity Ward COD release).

The grizzled vet who helps you do stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.