Acer p201w monitor issue, request input

I built a PC for my friend out of spare parts I had laying around:

AMD X2 4200+

MSI 7300LE video (DVI)

XP 64bit

After all drivers are updated and xp patched the monitor still has a issue. It will go black for about 3 sec then come back and continue to do that ever few mins. Latest video driver does not solve it nor changing the refresh rate to 75hz. I did a google search and did not come up with much, and the acer site does not even have a driver listed for this monitor. Any ideas? Thanks!

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Did you try to drop the refresh rate any lower, like 60?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts