Max Payne 3 announced

Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bully was great! And since it's not the lazy bastard Finns (Remedy) developing it , it might mean it'll come out on this side of 2020.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why is Rockstar developing this? I thought Remedy was an independent studio, or did I miss something?

On that note I'm a very worried about this, since GTA IV was the most craptacular game I've ever had the misfortune of installing on my computer - due to the fact that I still can't play the game because of bugs - every patch have introduced new ones and made the old ones worse. And I won't trust any release from that company again, before I see some truely awesome reviews.

Fortune favors the bald.

The obvious answer is not to play it if you don't have a console.

I don't imagine they'll jettison the noir trappings of the series, but I welcome their going in a new direction to some degree. Max Payne 2 was a self-parody if I've ever played one. And that's not even getting into the movie (is it just me or does the new Payne [the third look for the guy in as many games] look like Mark Wahlberg?)

is it just me or does the new Payne look like Mark Wahlberg?

I don't think so, maybe the mouth-area - but that's about it.

-

Looking at the website I see icons for the Xbox and PS3, but not PC .. maybe it's console exclusive?

Fortune favors the bald.

I actually enjoyed the first two max payne games (except the baby levels in Max Payne one... those were just annoying), I don't exactly see where they can go with this thing considering it'd be using a very very flawed character who's wrapped up all his problems to do something else.

Of course the face we see on the page looks more like the the guy from Condemned than anything else.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You can't make a shooter whose principal gameplay challenge is pint point aiming for console.

Well you can, but it's going to suck. I predict vehicle sections, boats, planes, flying carpets. Ping pong minigames.

You know the first two Max Payne games had console ports, right?

No, they were PC-games. The console version of the first game came years later, and I think the second one also had an earlier PC-release.

Don't know where they will go with this. I'd love to get another Max Payne game, but there really isn't much left to tell. Plus, if it's not by Remedy, or at least written by Sam Lake, it will have a very hard time matching up to the first two games. If it's not for PC it isn't really worth it anyway.

Edited by Dark Wastl

No, they were PC-games. The console version of the first game came years later, and I think the second one also had an earlier PC-release.

The only console version I knew before looking it up just now, was the GBA version :p

Edited by Purkake

I didn't know there had ever been a Max Payne 2.

Now that I do know, it is sure to keep me awake at night.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I didn't know there had ever been a Max Payne 2.

Now that I do know, it is sure to keep me awake at night.

Max Payne 2 is pretty good. You can get it from steam for like 10 bucks/euros. It's like Max Payne 1, but with some nice improvements.

Your face is overrated Morgoth.

The obvious answer is not to play it if you don't have a console.

Are you refering to my Bully comment? I said that bully wasn't much better because Rosbjerg was unsure about how well MP3 will work on a PC, and as I pointed out he has good reasons for being nervous if we're judging by their earlier products.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I don't see Mark Wahlberg at all. Looks more like the love child of Max Payne the Second and Sam Fisher, Double Agent.

Probably just trying to cash in on the IP while they have it...

Yeah, I'm sure Rockstar needs the cash, I mean when was the last time they had a hit? Really, that'd be less ridiculous if it hadn't been 5-6 years since the previous game.

I don't see Mark Wahlberg at all. Looks more like the love child of Max Payne the Second and Sam Fisher, Double Agent.

Probably just trying to cash in on the IP while they have it...

Yeah, I'm sure Rockstar needs the cash, I mean when was the last time they had a hit? Really, that'd be less ridiculous if it hadn't been 5-6 years since the previous game.

Other than GTA, it's been been all that great... Bully with all it's bugs and bad ports, Manhunt and Table Tennis?