The Spoony Experiment

Purkake

The Spoony Experiment is Noah Antwiler's website where he reviews mostly old and BAD games ala the Angry Video Game Nerd. At the moment he is playing and reviewing SWAT 4 which is pretty hilarious. Among other things he has done a full playthrough of Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh, The Thing and. He comes off more rational than AVGN and has some pretty interesting opinions.

I'm looking forward to his FO3 review.

He kinda reviewed it on his youtube account here, but that's really just his thoughts on the game.

EDIT: The most recent SWAT 4 episode isn't as fun as the first ones, so if you want to get a general feel of his style look a little more down to the first and second SWAT 4 episodes.

Edited by Purkake

Seems quite pointless to me, he doesnt even have a prepared script which makes listening to him quite dull.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Seems quite pointless to me, he doesnt even have a prepared script which makes listening to him quite dull.

The Final Fantasy VIII one at least has a script. The SWAT 4 one is more of a let's play where he just play and comments.

I LOVE spooning! Especially if she has a nice body and... ermm... wait...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The Thing and FFVIII reviews were awesome, but I'm not really a fan of his other videos.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

(on SWAT 4) "A predecessor to the Rainbow Six series."

Wat?

Edit: After I saw some of his earlier reviews, I remembered him. While a lot of his criticisms of FFVIII are more than valid, the generic criticism (which everyone makes) that it is boring and grindtastic is, not only wrong, but really stupid if you're going to defend any FF game in opposition to VIII. If you actually use your brain when playing, FFVIII eventually becomes the Final Fantasy game with less grind ever.

The bit about the dog's name was awesome, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

(on SWAT 4) "A predecessor to the Rainbow Six series."

Wat?

Yes, he was incorrect there. I don't think it is that big of a deal. The SWAT series came out of the Police Quest series and all in all it is just a tangled web of games released all over the place.

Edited by Purkake

I thought SWAT 4 was a really good attempt at non-lethal takedown and tactics simulation, granted there aren't many.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The tactical FPS genre really deserves mroe love, but with SWAT gone and Rainbow 6 having been kicked in the head by the marketing department, the genre seems to be, for all intents, dead. ;(

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The tactical FPS genre really deserves mroe love, but with SWAT gone and Rainbow 6 having been kicked in the head by the marketing department, the genre seems to be, for all intents, dead. ;(

Yeah those games were awesome. The waypoint making in the early Rainbow 6's was a bit over the top, but the later ones were awesome. GRAW had some of the viewpoint cams and squad stuff, but it wasn't all that great.

They have probably scrapped the genre because it requires a lot of thinking and different buttons that wouldn't work too well on a controller. Also Rainbox 6 was probably the only game where I tolerated auto-aim because you just can't shoot that fast even with a mouse and Quake 3 skills. Also, it was refreshing that even with full SWAT armor you died from a couple of shots and didn't regenerate health.

Edited by Purkake

Gone the way of flight simulators and turn-based fantasy strategy, unfortunately.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...
And what have we gained? A whole genre of crouched wallhugging simulators :(

Hey! Don't you dare throwing mud on my preciousss Thief 3. I have spent so many long minutes hugging walls to hide in tight places...

:sweat: Umm or are you talking about Mirror's Edge and Assasin's Creed? or?

*The user has encountered a logic error*

Don't forget the most important loss, space simulation. ;(

What go you mean space simulations are gone? I have those beautiful games called Homeworld 2 , Hegemony , Nexus: Jupiter Incident and Space Colony sitting in front of me.

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

And what have we gained? A whole genre of crouched wallhugging simulators ;(

Hey! Don't you dare throwing mud on my preciousss Thief 3. I have spent so many long minutes hugging walls to hide in tight places...

:sweat: Umm or are you talking about Mirror's Edge and Assasin's Creed? or?

I was referring to Gears of War style third person shooters.

• 3 months later...
And what have we gained? A whole genre of crouched wallhugging simulators :)

:lol: Umm or are you talking about Mirror's Edge and Assasin's Creed? or?

I was referring to Gears of War style third person shooters.

Yes, very irritating. And about as tactical as a suicide bomber.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life