Games you never finished

Rosbjerg

After reading through the "what are you playing" thread I couldn't help but think of all the games I've tried, but never completed..

To name a few:

Civilizations IV

Baldursgate (never actually finished the final battle against Sarevok)

Planescape Torment

Fallout 1 - 3

The GTA games (sandboxed alot, but never finished any of them)

Halflife 2, epsiode 1+2

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Black & White

Neverwinter Nights I

Europa Universalis III (I just never could take the new graphics serious, it's so ugly that I quit after 10 or so minutes - my favorite series though, so this pains me quite a bit.)

I thought we could use this thread as a motivation to maybe pick up one of these old (or new) titles and get started again.. once we realize what we missed.

Which games didn't you finish?

Fortune favors the bald.

-Wizardry 8

I love the game, but some dungeons are just too tedious to continue playing. Rampax castle for instance.

-The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Reasons probably not needed to be listed. Bethesda RPG games after Morrowind are not catered to my taste.

-GTA series

I suck in driving, lolz. Got stuck in some driving missions in the end

-Silent Storm

Setting gets a too cheesy with the mechas for me to continue

-Medieval 2: Total War

I just plain sucked in Strategy games

-Gothic 3

Performance issues

-The Witcher

Storyline further down just got too dark for my taste. Especially a decision down the road resulted in

elf woman getting raped by soldiers before executed in public by sadistic elf hunter mercenary

. I simply just couldn't continue playing the game.

And lots of lists of games to go on. These are the more recent one I could remember playing.

I probably only finish 1/4 of the games I play. The last game I actually did finish was probably NWN2:MotB (either that or Portal; I forget which I played first). Since then, I've played Deus Ex (got to Paris, lost interest), Bioshock, NWN2:SoZ, Fallout3, some heavily-modded Oblivion, many unfinished games of Civ4 (although I have finished games of this in the past, I rarely bother to play out the string anymore), and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. I have also finished "Short Campaigns" in M2TW (and I'm getting close to doing so in E:TW), but I don't really see that as counting for much.

As far as I'm concerned, if a game stops being fun or interesting, there's no point in me putting any more time into it. I've got enough pressure to complete projects at work and around the house without creating pressure to complete recreational projects like games.

Edited by Enoch

It's a much bigger event when I actually finish a game then when I don't. I probably finish 10% of the games I own. Quite a few aren't even finish-able, like sports games.

The most recent I finished are Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

FO 1/2, NWN1, morrowind, oblivion.

though i do not want to finish any of these.

how about "games you have finished more than 25 times, and fully intend to finish a few dozen more times before dying"?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I pretty much finish every game I play but on the flip side, I don't play that many different games and I take a long time to play the ones I do play. Most recently Far cry 2 was something around 300-400 hours over quite a few months. Currently meandering about in FO3.

Games that I haven't finished though: Bioshock of course recently.

Older notable games would be:

Fallout 2--I loved Fallout and played it to death and Fallout 2 was just too much more of the same and I eventually got tired of Fallout 2 before I finished it.

Diablo 2--See Fallout 2, except with Diablo.

Baldur's Gate: I tried twice, once on the initial game and ocne with the TotSC xpack, but each time hit the level cap long before I finished the game and once I hit level caps I usually stop playing.

BG2: Throne of Bhaal: Bleah. Boring. SoA was good fun though.

IWD2: One of my least favorite games (IWD 1 being one of my most favorite games) that became such a grind in the Ice Palace that I stopped.

It's interesting that most of the games I don't finish are sequels. I guess I just get bored of the same gameplay after a while.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The games I usually don't finish are the games I don't like anyway, so nowadays I just trade those away.

However, I'm trying to work myself the motivation to finish Storm of Zehir.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Let me see...

Did not beat:

Far Cry*

Far Cry 2*

Crysis Warhead*

Alpha Prime

SIN

Should beat:

NWN: Shadows of Undertide

NWN: Original Champaign

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Timeshift

Call of Duty: World at War*

Bioshock

Assassin's Creed

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

SIN Episodes: Emergence

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Half Life: Blue Shift

Half Life: Opposing Force

Will beat soon:

Mass Effect

Tomb Raider: Underworld

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

*I was/am borrowing these.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Baldur's Gate: I tried twice, once on the initial game and ocne with the TotSC xpack, but each time hit the level cap long before I finished the game and once I hit level caps I usually stop playing.

cap removers do the trick. with BG1+TotSC, you're only going to get to mid 200s scouring everything (if you have a full party), which means only 1 or 2 (for the thief, i think) levels over the max anyway, i.e., it doesn't really make the game that much easier.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Doesn't really run all that well on my computer, was only able to start it on another that I no longer have access to.

Planescape: Torment

Doesn't run on my computer. Whenever I cast a spell, or somebody else does, the game crashes.

Tales of the Sword Coast

Well, I never actually even STARTED this game, lol. Mainly because I don't have it, XD.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I suck at it. I simply and utterly suck at it. My driving skills are the saddest you will ever see.

etc. etc. etc.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Half-life 2. Got to the last boss and frankly, at that point I had given up on the game. It was just too boring for me.

Also, Lucky Luke for the Gameboy. Good luck beating that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's a much bigger event when I actually finish a game then when I don't. I probably finish 10% of the games I own. Quite a few aren't even finish-able, like sports games.

The most recent I finished are Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

I agree with Hurlshot. Because of the time I get for gaming, it's a much bigger event for me when I finish a game. Like Far Cry 2, that game lasted around 40 hours for me and even probably a couple more because of having to go back to previous saves sometimes because of the corrupted save problem. Mass Effect was a treat to finish and I'd like to go through that again. Fallout 3, I have a save right before the last mission and have been completing the side quests, but I have a question for everyone here about. I still have a lot of the wasteland to explore and a lot of experience left to gain, but I've been level 20 for awhile. Should I wait till The Pitt, go and do that, and then wait till the third DLC so I won't have all this wasted experience, since you get to level up to level 30 then? Will Bethesda release enough content in the last DLC to level you character form 20 to 30 on its own?

Come to think of it I never finished Mechassault 2.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The only games I have not finished are those that I do not like. If the game is good I'll play it until it's conclusion.

Mostly the same here with a few exceptions.

Nethack is a game I would love to finish, but I always end up killing my self in weird/wacky/hilarious ways. I just can't bring myself to play it "safely" :huh:

I would love to finish Tombraider: Anniversary some day, just to convince myself that this pile of goo has some hidden, redeeming features somewhere.

Zork III, just because.

Trespasser, because I actually liked running around in that world, despite the awkward controls.

Probably more lying around (not including stuff that I have no intention whatsoever of touching again).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd estimate I've finished about 30% of the games I've bought. Many I might get about 3/4 of the way through before being distracted by something else, get burnt out because I'm afflicted with the 'constant restart/fiddling' syndrome, or sometimes, find it too hard/irritating for my liking towards the end (shooters/linear strategy campaigns). And these days I tend to choose games that don't really have a final act.

The act of finishing isn't why I ultimately play games. But ones I wanted to at least try again/play more but never did might include:

Sacred (didn't love it, but I did want to go further than I did)

Roller Coaster Tycoon1 (loved it, but never finished the last few missions)

Casear4 (ditto)

Half-Life2 (a shooter I actually liked...but not quite enough)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Will Bethesda release enough content in the last DLC to level you character form 20 to 30 on its own?

Seeing as how you usually reach level 20 after barely making it out of Vault 101, I'd say yes. But that's only my guess.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Will Bethesda release enough content in the last DLC to level you character form 20 to 30 on its own?

Seeing as how you usually reach level 20 after barely making it out of Vault 101, I'd say yes. But that's only my guess.

I've been playing for many many hours and I am only level 8. Thank god for mods!

Default Leveling rates in both Oblivion and Fallout 3 are absurd. They are so rapid that you can't even enjoy the game, it goes by so fast.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Off the top of my head, I've not finished:

Persona 4

Eternal Poison

Final Fantasy II

Divine Divinity

Temple of Elemental Evil

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Ogre Battle

Age of Mythology

Diablo II: The Lord of Destruction

Invictus

Escape from Monkey Island

Grim Fandango

Pool of Radiance

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Shining Soul

Shining Soul II

Sumon Night 2

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Touch Detective

Sacred

Farcry 2

Ninety Nine Nights

Bladestorm

Dungeon Lord

8 Eyes

Phantasie

Phantasie II

Luminous Arc

Zork

Enchanter

Sorcerer

Basically any game made by Infocom I ever tried.

There are tonnes more...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Icewind Dale II, got to the last boss fight then my hard drive died :) ... never found time to play it again ;(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

IWD2

NWN

NWN2 Came close but so far.

PST

Red Alert 2

Morrowind

Lionheart

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG