why ..... saudi arabia

hi ..

i love Alpha Protocol game .. but i want to say to sega ( Alpha Protocol ) that saudi arabia is not like the new game >_<

Saudi Arabia is big country

017601.jpg

Saudi Arabia, a peaceful country

8888888888889.jpg

madine05.jpg

770_copy.jpg

why didn kill any body were are so peaceful People

bay ..... in Arabic: maa alslamh :lol:

My understanding is it's not taking place in an urban center, but in some far-flung mountainous area, probably a place that doesn't really exist.

So I would disbelieve the notion that civilians would be involved here. As for killing non-civilian saudis... ah, well that's a choice the developers made. I'm sure they could have made fake countries (madeupwordistan or the like) to avoid this sort of thing but they are probably looking for a smattering of realism or just some flavor that suggests this is all taking place in our world and not an entirely fictional one.

See? I've expressed concern about this before. Why must all villains be from the same exotic countries and the heroes from the US of A? It's clich

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

See? I've expressed concern about this before. Why must all villains be from the same exotic countries and the heroes from the US of A? It's clich

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Just to play devil's advocate, a terrorist group operating in any given country isn't necessarily native to that country.

Examples;

Irish Republican Army cells in England.

Al-Qaida in Spain.

Abu Nidal in France.

etc.

Rarely do you see a film where there are Islamic or Middle Eastern Terrorists.

Sure you do.

mkreku's long-standing stick-up-the-beef-jerky is actually legitimate and I'll be waiting to see how AP fares on that point.

Dear Matthew Rorie...

We are not here to discuss about Islam or any other religion, and in the same time where are not here to talk about the game plot...

My censor is using a country like Saudi Arabia in your game will not be a bad thing but presenting the Saudi regions have to be present in modern look than the one you used in the footage we saw the last couple of days... even if you said that

I'm really censored about this because Saudi Arabia Ministry of Culture and Information will refuse to make the game sale in the stores here when it launch...

I know that the team in the finishing touch of the game and I'm really looking forward for playing the game... but really the Saudi part really annoy a lot of us here ...

I can't explain too much about the plot, but suffice to say that the main bad guys here are not cackling Germanic Die Hard villains or paint-by-numbers Middle Eastern terrorists. Things are a bit more complicated than that, as you'll hopefully find out as we reveal more of the game.

lol :) ... i really look forward for it...

ok .. ok

not all the Muslim are Terrorists :)

Islam does not call for killing and terrorism

islam is really peaceful

All the media is saying about Islam is a lie

We are a civilized people

Yes, not all Muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are Muslims.

So, if AP would use terrorists that are opperating in Suadi Arabia and turn out to by MUslims, it wouldn't be to far of a stetch, would it?

I noticed they changed the plane to being shot down by a US missile now, so doesn't sound to me like it'll be a pro-American game, especially in light of what some developers said in the past about Bill Kristol and so on, but anyway the more political discussion should probably go to off-topic.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yeah, the first thing I see when I think "Saudi Arabia" is oil sheiks and places kind of like the pictures the OP posted. But the places we've seen in videos and pictures from AP is most probably some old deserted place, a hideout for covert activities, and not a modern Saudi- Arabian city :S.

As for Islam being a peaceful religion - I think Islam is just as peaceful as any other religion, but that probably explains more about my views on religion than my views on Islam.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm really censored about this because Saudi Arabia Ministry of Culture and Information will refuse to make the game sale in the stores here when it launch...

Would the SA Ministry of Culture allow a game where the player seduces scantily clad women?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well I'm sure they encourage pimping four women as MT's wives. . . but what about sex?

Regardless, being Obsidian they are likely to pain the villains and settings in a black and white picture. Heck, some of the enemies MT are engaging seems to be innocent security guards or policemen doing their jobs in Taiwan setting.

Regardless the sensitivity of the topic is understandable, considering Commander and Conquer: Generals was banned from China due to a Chinese embassy being bombed in a cut-scene(Ironically, the game was tailor made for Chinese gamers since the ending of the Chinese faction was deemed in the best light amongst the three). Unfortunately I doubt Obsidian could change much of the in-game content at the current stage for the Saudi Arabia market, so you could only keep your fingers crossed in how it turns out.

Besides, was Call of Duty 4 banned in Saudi Arabia?

Edited by Zoma

I think Obs chose Saudi Arabia because it has that "exotic location" feel to it. Muslims and terrorism could be seen in any number of African countries besides the Middle East but I don't remember hearing about those places in the location list for the game. When you think Africa you don't really get that mysterious feeling like you do when you hear "Arabia".

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I was under the impression that most of the game doesn't even take place in Saudi Arabia.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies