Nobody cares about AP...

So far I saw a couple of topics on the GTTV promo... around 15 replies each. And then nothing. Linked some other community circles I check in on once in a while, and it didn't really pull them in either. Or get much of a reaction.

It's not a definite sign of failure, but if it doesn't make a splash on it's very own, very active game site... the success of AP looks kind of bleak... right?

Edited by lollers

That's the average amount of comments once you remove normal swarm of morons and fanboys arguing over it, and they probably wouldn't buy it anyway.

It's an RPG, they're always niche, even Biowares.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Unfortunately, the current consumer base cares more for MMOs or FPSs. However, it is also fair to note that AP hasn't really been getting that much coverage either. I think that as long as Obsidian makes a good/unique game they will get decent sales. It will just take time to get the attention of the MMO/FPS fanbase.

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Just to point out as well that not everyone who is interested in the game is posting in all these threads.

I will be buying it, but at this point the game appears content locked, or nearly so, and as such there's not much to say until the game is released.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They would if Sega was doing it's job at marketing it properly.

Quick! Take AP away from Sega and go to EA, they market the hell out of everything.

Obsidian owns AP... right?

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

I hate EA with a passion. HATE.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Even then, they're really good at marketing their games.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well, if "nobody cares" about Alpha Protocol then it's up to us forum fanboys to do some grassroots advertising, don't you agree?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Well, if "nobody cares" about Alpha Protocol then it's up to us forum fanboys to do some grassroots advertising, don't you agree?

Been doing so for the past year or so. Since I am also an active GT community member, I'm gonna do some promoting with a new blog and posting in the general gaming forums, as well as my GT faction forums. But that's tomorrow.

I've been spreading it around when possible. I have a thread up on the TSLRP forums at the moment, though admittedly that's a fairly small group of people.

I hope it sells well, obsidian makes top-notch RPGs.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'll... tell my friends? >_<

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Apparently Alpha Protocol helped GameTrailers post their biggest ratings of the season thus far, so apparently a few people tuned in for it. Just keep in mind that we have a number of months left to work on the game and show it off, and that it's getting better and better with each build.

Matthew Rorie

I've heard Sega will give AP a pretty big marketing push, but they are focusing on their games coming out NOW at the moment like Empires, MadWorld, House of the Dead ect.

I suspect now allot of those games are out you'll start to see more info on AP turning up.

I think it is set for an October release so it still has a long time to go... No point in hyping it up 7 months before release and then people moving on like they did with Brothers In Arms Hells Highway.

SEGANERDS

#1 unofficial Sega News website

BiA is a different story though, it got delayed for a year to the point where nobody cared. Worse, the gameplay was basically far inferior in comparison to its previous two series which made it difficult for the game to be recommended to others.

Edited by Zoma

"

Been doing so for the past year or so. Since I am also an active GT community member, I'm gonna do some promoting with a new blog and posting in the general gaming forums, as well as my GT faction forums. But that's tomorrow."

link me to the GTTV blogs about AP please...

And how do I start a new topic in GTTV, I've already registered and can reply but not create a topic.

Edited by lollers

Been doing so for the past year or so. Since I am also an active GT community member, I'm gonna do some promoting with a new blog and posting in the general gaming forums, as well as my GT faction forums. But that's tomorrow.

Great job, dude. I plan on staring threads in some Swedish sites and of course forcing all my friends (ok, gaming friends) to buy it.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

The trailer got positive comments on Joystiq, which is comprised mostly of console graphic whores.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Fun things to point out in the trailer (Yes, I'm a jerk and love to burst people's hopes ;) )

-All of the weapons the people are carrying in-game are without magazines

-No bullet cases ejected when guns are fired

-Mike's arms are weirdly twisted inwards when gliding downward the ropeline

Btw, have question for Obsidian based on an old 1Up interview:

1UP: What kinds of agents do you guys play as?

CA: I prefer all the stealth and infiltration options because a lot of the gadgets are really fun. I'm also a little bit biased, because the technical and stealth skills -- once you pump them up -- will give you new dialogue options for some characters, and I really enjoy writing those.

This still in I hope? I noticed there are more than 3 standard JB options during dialogue afterall.

BiA is a different story though, it got delayed for a year to the point where nobody cared. Worse, the gameplay was basically far inferior in comparison to its previous two series which made it difficult for the game to be recommended to others.

Well, you're free to your opinion.