AP questions

We want to help. ;)

This can only mean one thing: Feargus is gone for a few days so the devs don't have to fear his whip. They're probably dancing naked on the tables as we speak.

The image.

IT BURNSSSSSS.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Since questions seem to be getting answered here: Does anyone know which of the four weapon groups sniper rifles fall under? I am assuming Assault Rifles but Obsidian may throw us a curve ball and make it a part of the infiltration or sabotage skill.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Since questions seem to be getting answered here: Does anyone know which of the four weapon groups sniper rifles fall under? I am assuming Assault Rifles but Obsidian may throw us a curve ball and make it a part of the infiltration or sabotage skill.

Or make it fall under none of the trainable skills and only useable in certain situations.

Also, do the main weapon types still have unlimited ammo?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

do the main weapon types still have unlimited ammo?

As far as I know they have yet to definitively answer that question. Undoubtedly I think it will depend on what weapon you are using.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Another concern came up. I know you guys wanted us to make decisions on the fly with the dialogue system, but the timer seems to deplete pretty fast to me. In the GTTV segments it seems that we're given not more than 5 seconds to respond. Exactly how much time are we actually given? Are the GTTV footage misleading?

Well, the thing is that you get time to think while the other person is still talking to you. I don't think Obs would want there to be a large pause between that and your response.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 2 weeks later...
Another concern came up. I know you guys wanted us to make decisions on the fly with the dialogue system, but the timer seems to deplete pretty fast to me. In the GTTV segments it seems that we're given not more than 5 seconds to respond. Exactly how much time are we actually given? Are the GTTV footage misleading?

Part of the role of a super spy is to think on your feet and live with your decisions. You could of course save often and try to explore each and every single stance possible, but you would have to replay through the game making a different decision in each situation as well (including how you completed a mission or if you've even been there).

I'm sure players will be posting up TONS of conversation videos on the tubes shortly after the game releases.

I'm sure players will be posting up TONS of conversation videos on the tubes shortly after the game releases.

That assumes tons of players (or at least one fanatic) :)

there is certainly an interest in alpha protocol, so I highly doubt it'll just disappear and people won't do anything with it. I mean even the most generic games have fanbases behind them.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw a trailer video of AP on the web somewhere and i was thinking - Does anyone remember the game Covert Action: The case files of Max Remington? It was a spy game from MicroProse (i think) that came out in the 80s. Anyway, it had code breaking, electronics bypass and car chase mini games along with the stealth/information gathering missions. I have fond memories of that game and haven't seen anything close in years. AP looks like something i will pick up and play.

Here's another question aboot upgradeable weapons - do all weapons of the same type (say, a pistol from one dealer and another pistol from a different one) allow the same modifications? I mean, say we have a .50 Desert Eagle, not much of a spy gun. I assume we couldn't put silencers on it, whereas with a baretta it's no big deal.

Also, are there modifications that disallow other modifications? I ask because the inventory screens we saw only included one modification of each type. I'm thinking specifically about Blood Money, where you could get an extended slide for your silverballers, permitting the addition of a scope while sacrificing the possibility of a silencer.