Swoop racing fix, and more

I got to Nar Shaddaa and when I started the swoop race the speeder floated above the track. So touching the boost pads is not possible.

After searching for a whole day I eventually stumbled upon a patch. I don't know if it breaks anything but I do know I can race now.

Here it is

Mirror

Changelog

This update addresses the following:

------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

------------------------

* Added a battered look to the wall textures on Dxun to properly fit the game

storyline and timeline

* Added missing voice lines for T3-M4

* Added missing beast control scene in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd

* Added missing content to the scene in which Kreia arrives to the Trayus Academy

* Added missing content to the Jedi Master rendezvous scene on Dantooine (light side)

* Added missing dialogue lines to the conversation between Kreia and Atris that takes

place in Telos Academy

* Added missing dialogue lines to the Jedi hologram conversation

* Added missing dialogue scene in which the player threatens to dismantle Goto's Yacht

* Added missing shader effects on various ships in the game, including Harbinger, Sith

Lander and Basilisk War Droid

* Added shader effects to HK series droids, Goto's droids, Czerka's protocol droid,

T3-M4 droid, Remote droid, mandalorians and Vogga the Hutt

* Added shader effects to various wall and floor textures on Nar Shaddaa and Ravager

* Changed the appearance of HK-47 droid to properly match the game storyline

* Changed the appearance of Sith Lords, Dark Jedi and Sith Marauders in the Trayus

Academy from commoner clothing to a proper Sith dressing

* Placed Lassavou's Power Cell on his remains, so player has the opportunity to

repair the Air Speeder even if they kill Lassavou (dark side)

* Reduced shader effects on certain alien characters

* Removed G0-T0 from the Malachor V scene in which Remote activates the final engine

core. This was made due to the change of content in the final version of the game.

* Replaced the background textures on Nar Shaddaa to properly fit the intro cinematic

* Replaced the banners in Mandalorian Ruins from rakatan to the proper mandalorian ones

* Replaced textures on Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon on a high

resolution and more detailed ones

* Replaced textures of the Ebon Hawk on a high resolution and more detailed ones; added

shader effects where they were missing

* Replaced a texture of Nar Shaddaa visible from Goto's Yacht on a proper one

---------------

RESOLVED ISSUES

---------------

* 3C-FD

Ah, yes. This.

This looks like it's the same 'patch' one Cryptobionika made in late 05/early 06 by sticking together a whole load of mods by other modders without permission and then claiming it as all her own work. She was from Russia, IIRC, so it fits.

For fairly obvious reasons, those who remember her don't do so fondly.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Whether he did those fixes or not does not concern me. If he cheated...

DS points gained

Influence gained: Me :woot:

It was the only fix I could find for racing.

I finished the game.

A bug that's not gone... PCs still get stuck after a battle (especially if I use power/flurry/crit). Quicksave - Quickload.

Error by my side, changelog was from a version back. (removed the rapidshare file since it was the older patch)

New stuff in the changelog

* Replaced textures on Peragus, Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon on a high resolution and more detailed ones
* Korriban Secret Tomb: Infinite Experience Gain Fix
* Mira's Spacesuit Appearance Fix
* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Arrival Scene Cut-Out Fix
* Prologue Training: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix
* Ratrin Vhek's Clothing Appearance Fix
* Serroco Thugs Appearance Fix
* Sion's Harbinger Dialogue: Broken Warning Line Fix
* Vaklu - Tobin Dialogue: Voiceover/Text Mismatch Fix
* Various Playable Character’s Gender Check Fixes

Well, I'm done with KotOR 2, waiting on TOR.

Edited by Ansive

• 2 months later...

Yes, I've made a patch. Up to 30% of it includes fixes previously released. 70% were done by me. You "don't treat me well"? Maybe if you moved your asses to create a patch for a game, someone else didn't have to. I didn't give credit to anybody, including myself, although I have done majority of the work alone. If you need credits to elevate your already high ego - sorry, you'll have to live without it.

Here are the screenshots:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8155/01abr4.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5241/01bir8.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9317/02aep1.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1628/02buv0.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/480/03auf4.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8417/03bnt1.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9510/04ari3.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9013/04bjm3.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5286/05amd7.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7642/05bta0.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6103/06afp1.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1218/06bic5.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9530/07aoo9.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3350/07bot7.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3361/08apw5.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1107/08bsf4.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9323/09ato9.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4350/09btu1.jpg

Here is the full readme:

###############################################

--------------------------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

--------------------------------------------

* Added a battered look to the wall textures on Dxun to properly fit the game storyline and timeline

* Added missing voice lines for T3-M4

* Added missing beast control scene in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd

* Added missing content to the scene in which Kreia arrives to the Trayus Academy

* Added missing content to the Jedi Master rendezvous scene on Dantooine (light side)

* Added missing dialogue lines to the conversation between Kreia and Atris that takes place in Telos Academy

* Added missing dialogue lines to the Jedi hologram conversation

* Added missing dialogue scene in which the player threatens to dismantle Goto's Yacht

* Added missing shader effects on various ships in the game, including Harbinger, Sith Lander and Basilisk War Droid

* Added shader effects to HK series droids, Goto's droids, Czerka's protocol droid, T3-M4 droid, Remote droid, mandalorians and Vogga the Hutt

* Added shader effects to party members' default clothing

* Added shader effects to various wall and floor textures on Nar Shaddaa and Ravager

* Changed the appearance of HK-47 droid to properly match the game storyline

* Changed the appearance of Sith Lords, Dark Jedi and Sith Marauders in the Trayus Academy from commoner clothing to a proper Sith dressing

* Placed Lassavou's Power Cell on his remains, so player has the opportunity to repair the Air Speeder even if they kill Lassavou (dark side)

* Reduced shader effects on certain alien characters

* Removed G0-T0 from the Malachor V scene in which Remote activates the final engine core. This was made due to the change of content in the final version of the game.

* Replaced the background textures on Nar Shaddaa to properly fit the intro cinematic

* Replaced the banners in Mandalorian Ruins from rakatan to the proper mandalorian ones

* Replaced textures on Peragus, Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon on a high resolution and more detailed ones

* Replaced textures of the Ebon Hawk on a high resolution and more detailed ones; added shader effects where they were missing

* Replaced a texture of Nar Shaddaa visible from Goto's Yacht on a proper one

--------------------------

RESOLVED ISSUES

--------------------------

* 3C-FD's Photoreceptor Appearance Fix

* Atton's Dialogue Light/Dark Side Points Fix

* Bao Dur's Arm Shader Fix

* Borna Lys' Dialogue Synchronization Fix

* Class-Based Default Clothing Fix

* Cyan Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Dancer's Outfit Appearance Fix

* Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix

* Escaped Criminals Quest Fix

* Force Crush Power Sound Fix

* Fuel For Telos Quest Fix

* Handmaiden Training Cutscene Fix

* Hidden Compartment Fix

* Hussef's Head Appearance Fix

* Inaccessible Tienn Tubb's Shop Fix

* Influence Increase/Decrease Script Fix

* Intergalactic Reunification Quest: Dark Side Points Gain On Guard Removal Stage Fix

* Jedi Hologram Effect Fix

* Jedi Master Rendezvous Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb Entrance: Party Member Comment Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb: Infinite Experience Gain Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Cutscene Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Lightsaber Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Force Powers Animation Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Lightsaber Fix

* Lightsaber Parts Icons Fix

* Mining Laser Appearance Fix

* Mira's Spacesuit Appearance Fix

* Movement Rate Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Lootra's Dialogue Influence Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Arrival Scene Cut-Out Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Bullied Refugee's Appearance Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nihilus - Tobin Missing Cutscene Fix

* Nihilus - Visas Low Resolution Cutscene Fix

* Party Experience Gain Fix

* Peragus Encounter: Atton's Meeting Force Cage Field Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Meeting Script Sequence Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Repeating Greeting Fix

* Peragus Administration Level: Comm Camera Capture Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Dock Officer's Hologram Wrong Injured Stance Usage Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Droids Getting Stuck On Coorta's Death Camera Footage Fix

* Peragus Fuel Depot: T3-M4 Not Presenting On Fuel Line Camera Footage Fix

* Peragus Mining Tunnels: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Prologue Training: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Ratrin Vhek's Clothing Appearance Fix

* Redemption Quest Completion Fix

* Robes Shadow Animation Fix

* Rubat Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Serroco Thugs Appearance Fix

* Sion's Harbinger Dialogue: Broken Warning Line Fix

* Skippable Mebla's Dialogue Fix

* Spacesuit Movement Rate Fix

* Starport Visa Trade Fix

* Swoop Bike Racing Fix

* T3-M4's Dialogue Influence Fix

* T3-M4's Portrait Appearance Fix

* Telos Academy: Imprisonment Cutscene Fix

* Twi'lek Dancers Appearance Fix

* Vaklu - Tobin Dialogue: Voiceover/Text Mismatch Fix

* Various Playable Character's Gender Check Fixes

* Visas' Dialogue: Force Sight Power Gain Fix

* Vogga the Hutt Quest Completion Fix

* Weapon Finesse Icons Fix

* Workbench Skill Check Fix

----------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

----------------------

* Buying all of the items from any merchant on Nar Shaddaa may cause the game to freeze on some systems.

--------------------

PATCH NOTES

--------------------

* In order for all the changes to integrate into game content properly, you might need to start a new game.

###############################################

---

And here is the official thread about my patches, with latest versions:

---

For those who want a final, fixed game - you are welcome to download the patch and enjoy the game. Those who feel pissed that their name wasn't stamped on the patch may go on crying over it like little kids and play a crippled game.

Last, but not least: IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR WORK TO BE USED, DO NOT RELEASE IT. Some people just can't understand that when they release information on web, it is for it to be used. They think they can release info on web, and cage it down to their own rules and preferences. Well, they need to grow up. My mods have been used. I didn't mind. What for? "Stealing" as you say my mods makes someone feel good. So? Let them, if it makes their day. I'm not gonna say "i have released my stuff on web, but its mine, mine, mine!". Yours? Don't release to public if you don't want it to be used. And if you want to control how it is used, I'm afraid you will have to control all WEB and every computer on earth.

Just grow up.

Edited by Gorth
Link removed. Possible Bioware trademark violation

then claiming it as all her own work. She was from Russia, IIRC, so it fits.

And no - I never claimed that it is all my work. Don't lie, at least. I never said I've done it all.

She was from Russia, IIRC, so it fits.

Hm, I didn't know you were a Nazi. Or Fashist, if you prefer. Don't think much of russians, do you? Tsk, tsk. I guess definition Nazi fits you.

Of course. With help or without, I've fixed the game. I'm bad, bad, bad. Crippled game is just peachy, yeah? I wouldn't say that fixing the game is an obvious reason to be disliked. And if you dislike for not being credited, then better dislike your high ego, not me. I never even tried to be credited. My (our, if you prefer) patch does not include any credits at all.

---

I almost consider it my duty to point you at this again:

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR WORK TO BE USED, DO NOT RELEASE IT. Some people just can't understand that when they release information on web, it is for it to be used. They think they can release info on web, and cage it down to their own rules and preferences. Well, they need to grow up. My mods have been used. I didn't mind. What for? "Stealing" as you say my mods makes someone feel good. So? Let them, if it makes their day. I'm not gonna say "i have released my stuff on web, but its mine, mine, mine!". Yours? Don't release to public if you don't want it to be used. And if you want to control how it is used, I'm afraid you will have to control all WEB and every computer on earth.

Just grow up.

P.S. Funny to know the patch has affected so many egoists. :thumbsup:

Edited by Cryptobionika

then claiming it as all her own work. She was from Russia, IIRC, so it fits.

And no - I never claimed that it is all my work. Don't lie, at least. I never said I've done it all.

Oh? You've said in this thread that it's your work when it's not. Then you call the LFers a-holes because they asked to be given proper credit for their work, or to have their mods removed from your mod, which you refused to do.

You mentioned your mod in this thread and said the fixes were yours. I happen to be a super-moderator over at Lucasforums where you tried to post this mod a couple years back. We on the moderating staff know that the vast majority is work that you took without asking permission from the original mod creators in the Holowan Laboratories section. You didn't even rename the files from their mods. We would never have had an issue with it if you'd just gotten permission from the people whose works you included in your mod and gave them credit. Instead, you chose to flame those who pointed out their works you'd used without their permission.

Of course. With help or without, I've fixed the game. I'm bad, bad, bad. Crippled game is just peachy, yeah? I wouldn't say that fixing the game is an obvious reason to be disliked. And if you dislike for not being credited, then better dislike your high ego, not me. I never even tried to be credited. My (our, if you prefer) patch does not include any credits at all.

You should ask permission from the original mod creators to include in your mod, and out of courtesy you should credit your sources. This is the same sad excuse you tried to use at Lucasforums, and I suspect the community here will see it for exactly what it is just as the LF community has.

I almost consider it my duty to point you at this again:

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR WORK TO BE USED, DO NOT RELEASE IT. Some people just can't understand that when they release information on web, it is for it to be used. They think they can release info on web, and cage it down to their own rules and preferences. Well, they need to grow up. My mods have been used. I didn't mind. What for? "Stealing" as you say my mods makes someone feel good. So? Let them, if it makes their day. I'm not gonna say "i have released my stuff on web, but its mine, mine, mine!". Yours? Don't release to public if you don't want it to be used. And if you want to control how it is used, I'm afraid you will have to control all WEB and every computer on earth.

Just grow up.

I consider it my duty to point this out to you: taking material from others' works without giving them the courtesy of asking them for inclusion, and without crediting them properly, is rude at best and unethical to say the least. Your concept of 'theft' has been altered to fit what you want it to be, but that doesn't make your concept correct or even based in reality. You're trying once again to take credit for work that isn't yours, just like you've done at other forums.

P.S. Funny to know the patch has affected so many egoists. :blink:
Pot calling the kettle black? Or is there some other good explanation on why you would be claiming others' works as your own without giving them the credit due for all their work?

The community here should be aware that while she may claim the fix is hers, it is a compilation of many talented people's work, especially those over at the Holowan Laboratory community of Lucasforums, among other communities and modders. They deserve the credit for their work which she refuses to give them. Their individual fixes and mods can be found there and at KotorFiles or other sites that host mods for this wonderful game. If you choose to use this mod, please at least seek out the other contributors (whether or not they wanted to be included in this mod) to thank them for their time and efforts as a courtesy to them.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.

Story WIP: The Dragonfighters

My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Special thank you to my kids who keep adding achievement points to my gamercard.... :D

Jae%20Onasi.png

• 4 weeks later...

I did ask them for a permission, and it has been denied. What could I do? Never make a patch because someone is too selfish to be included, or ignore a few people and make a patch for everyone? I think it's quite obvious what is right to do. I did offer to credit them, but been denied again. I did leave them a choice - they didn't accept it. So I made the patch anyway. And, of course, before lying that majoprity of works isn't mine, care to disassemble the patch and investigate. Maybe then you wouldn't have to lie.

I gave a link to the official patch thread. You are too blind or too dumb to see that I did not take a single credit for it? In fact, in the topic I mention quite a lot of times that I have included other people's work.

No, one time isn't enough, I see. No, I do not claim other's work as my own. No, I do not claim other's work as my own. No, I do not claim other's work as my own. No, I do not claim other's work as my own.

Enough, or maybe you need a few more times to understand? Well, then just re-read above.

Also, you give me the link where I "say" that patch is mine. Following the link:

"This "some russian" is the one who has fixed your game, you know. I made at least 70% of work. So "some russian" deserves some respect, no? For fixing this damned game. Seeing this kind of attitude I'm starting to wonder why the hell did I even do all this."

Yes, ever since I've left LucasForums I've been working for a very long time on this patch. 70% of it has been done by me. Note - I do not claim that it's fully mine and I've made 100% of work on it. Or you've chosen to go blind on this one?

And yes, I mentioned that patch is mine. I assembled it, I've fixed conflict, bugs put by your beloved modders. I've assembled, I've released, I say "mine". Not all fixes are, the installer, patches, the release - it's mine, yes. Just what makes "a patch". It's my patch that includes 30% of other people's work - I state that OPENLY and EVERYWHERE. And not the official patch topic, not the installer, NOTHING has any credits pointing to me. I don't brag and don't ask to be credited.

You also advice to seek out others and thank them. For what? For denying to make a patch with their work included? Okay - big thjanks for putting the stakes to my wheels. Thats why you people still play a crippled and ugly game. Thank yourselves.

I repeat the final time: I asked them politely if I can include their work with the credit given. It has been denied. So I made the patch with their fixes included without their permission. End of story. Don't make me seem like a thief that took something and run away. I asked politely if we can please make a patch. It has been denied, so I had to take other ways of action. You put stakes in my wheels, so I walked.

Edited by Cryptobionika

a. You have taken other people's work without their permission. That is rude at the very least, and since you asked and were denied on top of it, it's theft. You refuse to admit your irresponsibility in this matter. When they denied you permission, what could you do? Here's a novel answer: RESPECT THEIR WISHES AND DON'T USE THEIR MODS. For some reason, that concept seems to elude you. People are still able to download and use their mods, you know--they're available at KotorFiles and Lucasforums, among other places. Don't try to use the excuse that you 'just had to include them' as if you're saving the universe. Give me a break. I know a load of crap when I see it.

b. You are being dishonest saying it's 70% your work. Anyone can look at your files, compare them to the files in the bunch of other mods you've cobbled together, and see for themselves the work is not yours. You are plagiarizing, and refuse to believe that on top of it when confronted with the truth.

c. It's people like you who give modding a bad name because you refuse to respect others' works.

d. When confronted with the truth, you resort to flaming as you now have just done in your latest post. I have reported your post and will have further discussion with the staff as necessary about your conduct.

Edited by Jae Onasi

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo.

Story WIP: The Dragonfighters

My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Special thank you to my kids who keep adding achievement points to my gamercard.... :D

Jae%20Onasi.png

I did ask them for a permission, and it has been denied.

Then you should not use thier work in "your" mod.

What could I do?

Make your own fix insted of stealing other work without crediting them.

Never make a patch because someone is too selfish to be included...

No, you make a patch that does not include that contect or you, or someone else, re-make the fix for your mod.

...or ignore a few people and make a patch for everyone?

See the above comment.

You put stakes in my wheels, so I walked.

And you took contect that was not yours allong with you, making you nothing more than a common thief.

Some people just can't understand that when they release information on web, it is for it to be used.

Incorrect. Mods often are released with the understanding that they are not to be modified or used without the permission of the author - when this is not the case they are, most likely, released under the Creative Commons "copyright." Unless that is the case you should not presume that you can use the mod without permission.

Well, they need to grow up.

No, you do.

My mods have been used. I didn't mind.

Good for you. They, however, do mind.

Don't release to public if you don't want it to be used.

As I said, they want it to be used as released - what you have done is to take their work and fuse it into something else, something that they do not want their work included in. Thus they are, rightly, accusing you of stealing their work.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's people like you who give modding a bad name because you refuse to respect others' works.

I agree. The only time I have ever posted another person's mod without their permission was when it was compleatly unavalable on the internet due to the author's site shutting down - and even then I did not modify the file in any way or try to claim it was my work. What the other poster has done is nothing more than stealing others' work and claiming it is his own - he is a disgrace to all modders and should be treated accourdingly. >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Sounds like the subject is somewhat past it's "Best By" date...

Sharing other peoples work without their consent isn't really the nice thing to do. As for why people don't want their work shared, the reasons could be many I suppose, but that is a discussion for another day.

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein