Girls

Walsingham

As a girl, I can kind of see where having just spent a week with someone and then not hearing from them for four days could be kind of upsetting... The proper response in that situation would not be to apply your own feelings on her "probably had enough of me" but rather to call and say, "I got used to you being here... I miss you..."

Wait, what? No way. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to call bull**** on that.

Firstly on the whole idea of there even being a "proper response" to anything in a relationship like it's some sort of test or science, secondly on your baseless assumption that Wals for some reason projected his own feelings upon his ladyfriend, thirdly upon the apparent (whether meant or not) implication that the situation where a woman would need such space is impossible (whereas I know from experience that it is not), and finally upon the notion that preemptively kissing ass was the correct course which (even if it might have prevented this chick from going mental on somebody who already had too much on his mind, but probably could only delay it) it can NEVER be because that makes it a relationship based on mind games and false expectations, and that's not much of a relationship at all.

There, I called your quadruple bull****. You can call bull**** on my bull****s if you want, I'm quite used to being wrong about most things (though I don't think I am in this case) and the internet has shown me this on multiple occasions, but here they are anyway.

I think the key to a healthy relationship is making sure the girl is in full mental health before proceeding. This is bets done by a full mental checkup in a respected and well-equipped psychiatric clinic. However, this can be expensive and can lead to some hillarioussly awkward situations when the men in white come to pick her up. Instead, a cheap home solution is to sneak into her bathroom or rummage through her trash in search of psychopharmacological medication. If anything suspicious is found, tell her that you will always be friends and never talk to her again. :p

/Dr. Kaftan, bona-fide relationship consultant.

I love my crazy woman! Best thing that ever happened to me was falling for my crazy woman! It just has to be the type of crazy that fits your own type of crazy (and nobody here can convince me that they're not crazy, we're posting this on an online message board here for chrissakes).

I think the problem is that many guys go for crazy chicks (genders interchangable in that sentence) not out of love but out of some misguided wish or attempt to help them, make them better. That never works, and just leads to pain. Lots and lots of pain.

take for instance my situation at the moment - there's 4 girls who have shown interest in me

wait a minuted, 4??? i thought it was only 3. this changes everything. now you absolutely MUST arrange an interlude that includes all of them. at least the outcome will be the same (none of them), but in the mean time...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

take for instance my situation at the moment - there's 4 girls who have shown interest in me

wait a minuted, 4??? i thought it was only 3. this changes everything. now you absolutely MUST arrange an interlude that includes all of them. at least the outcome will be the same (none of them), but in the mean time...

taks

:p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

As a girl, I can kind of see where having just spent a week with someone and then not hearing from them for four days could be kind of upsetting... The proper response in that situation would not be to apply your own feelings on her "probably had enough of me" but rather to call and say, "I got used to you being here... I miss you..."

Firstly on the whole idea of there even being a "proper response" to anything in a relationship like it's some sort of test or science, secondly on your baseless assumption that Wals for some reason projected his own feelings upon his ladyfriend, thirdly upon the apparent (whether meant or not) implication that the situation where a woman would need such space is impossible (whereas I know from experience that it is not), and finally upon the notion that preemptively kissing ass was the correct course which (even if it might have prevented this chick from going mental on somebody who already had too much on his mind, but probably could only delay it) it can NEVER be because that makes it a relationship based on mind games and false expectations, and that's not much of a relationship at all.

There, I called your quadruple bull****. You can call bull**** on my bull****s if you want, I'm quite used to being wrong about most things (though I don't think I am in this case) and the internet has shown me this on multiple occasions, but here they are anyway.

Um... ok... let me rephrase...

Probably the response she would have liked to have received would have been, "I got used to you being here... I miss you...", etc.

I'm not saying Wals *should* have reacted any differently, just that what he did reinforced her notions that it was basically over. I was merely interpreting the facts that Wals gave us from a different perspective. It may or may not represent what was actually going on at all.

But, considering the posts that Wals made while she was there, even *I* got the sense that he was sorta tired of having her around and all the drama.... you can damn well bet she picked up on it. Her going nutty was not a response to not being called. It was a response to interpreting and possibly misinterpreting Wals actions while she was there, and then being left to obsess over all of them in the four days of silence that followed. Of course girls can need space, but that should be obvious during the two minute phone call to make sure she made it home all right.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

...secondly on your baseless assumption that Wals for some reason projected his own feelings upon his ladyfriend...

After we spent the week together I didn't call for a couple of days, figuring she'd probably had enough of me for a while.

Well, there's one of your bull****'s shot down.

taks

it was 3...

now it's 4 :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

mkreku is very convincing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You got me confused again.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

She went off on one on day four, and accused me of being a typical lowlife scumbag.

What did you do, kill her Norwegian Blue?

I am not exactly an expert on girls, but I have noticed that they seem to have this deep seated need for constant communication. Quite frustrating really, as it makes them hard to work together with. They want to communicate, I switch off my phone, they get angry... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I strongly believe that I'm an inevitable statistical outcome from there being more guys than gals on the planet. Sure the ratio is different from region to region but I believe there's a cosmic component to it and I'm simply just never going to find anyone. With that said I'm much too bitter and way too much of an ass to comment on the other sex. So instead I'll just give my condolences to walsh. Good luck champ, I believe in you and that's all that really matters because a very wise and prophetic and amazing man once said: "Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you." And then there was a giant mech battle and I don't mean giant as in like as big as a sky scraper I mean one in which they stretched out across multiple galaxies, so yeah it was pretty large. But yeah dude you're the chief, it isn't even that big of a deal because you're Wals. You comment on other dude's (lack of) bulges and you know what I really commend you on that becuase it takes a man with a large bulge to say something like that so I have no doubt you'll be wrangling in another female real soon but this time one that's maybe a bit more intuitive and independent. Because really when it comes down to it. A man, a real man, wants independence. Haven't you seen independence day? That's all we want. To murder some sentient other worldly creature, save the human race, have sexual relations with a fine woman, then mosey on down that ol' dusty trail for a new adventure in a new place and a new woman.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I strongly believe that I'm an inevitable statistical outcome from there being more guys than gals on the planet. Sure the ratio is different from region to region but I believe there's a cosmic component to it and I'm simply just never going to find anyone.

Well, statistically speaking just wait patiently until you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The thing to remember in all of this is that the true measure of a woman is within her blouse, focus your energies there and let the cards fall where they may.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Why is this thread even here? Nobody really likes girls anyway.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I blame BBC radio.

I'm hungover this morning. I was pronounced 'charismatic' last night by one admiring female. My friends worked out something was up, although I'd not intended to talk about it. General sympathy and confusion.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Um... ok... let me rephrase...

Probably the response she would have liked to have received would have been, "I got used to you being here... I miss you...", etc.

I'm not saying Wals *should* have reacted any differently, just that what he did reinforced her notions that it was basically over. I was merely interpreting the facts that Wals gave us from a different perspective. It may or may not represent what was actually going on at all.

But, considering the posts that Wals made while she was there, even *I* got the sense that he was sorta tired of having her around and all the drama.... you can damn well bet she picked up on it. Her going nutty was not a response to not being called. It was a response to interpreting and possibly misinterpreting Wals actions while she was there, and then being left to obsess over all of them in the four days of silence that followed. Of course girls can need space, but that should be obvious during the two minute phone call to make sure she made it home all right.

How do you know she would have liked that response? If Wals was right, and she did need the space, then such a response would have been interpreted as being needy and only caused more problems. That's you projecting your feelings on this situation.

Plus, I don't get that sense from Wals' posting at all. Being tired of all the drama does not equel being tired of your significant other. Plus, if there's drama in my life it's usually my significant other who needs space because she has plenty of problems of her own. This is a situation that happens to thousands of couples, all the time.

Also, since when is there a requirement of calling every time your significant other leaves? The last chick I did that with went haywire because that made her feel like I had trust issues. "I was always checking up on her". You keep placing in these rules for how to make a relationship work, but there are none. And if there were, these aren't them. These are just your own personal expectations for a relationship.

...secondly on your baseless assumption that Wals for some reason projected his own feelings upon his ladyfriend...

After we spent the week together I didn't call for a couple of days, figuring she'd probably had enough of me for a while.

Well, there's one of your bull****'s shot down.

No. No it isn't. Here we have proof that Wals had made an assumption. Nothing more. There is nothing in that sentence that says that Wals had in fact had enough of her, or that he had somehow projected this on her. Hell, maybe there's precedent? Maybe she'd needed such space in the past? We don't know. This is just some of you people reading more into Wals post then there is given limited information. Stick to literature for that, kids. There's nothing written between the lines here. If there's any projecting here, Wals ain't the one doing it.

Enough. Soon this is going to turn into boy vs. girl if it continues this way, and I don't feel like doing that.

Its not strange that a large portion of humanity still use the good ol' arranged marriage schtick. That way you get this instead of the usual:

-You didnt call me for four days!

-Given that we're contractually bound to stay together for the next 50 years or so, I dont think a four day hiatus is such a big deal.

-Oh. Yeah, you might have a point there.

-Youd rather hang out with your friends than stay at home with me!

-Most of the time, yes.

-Ok well... so do I actually.

-You love your computer games more than me!

-Yes, that is correct.

-Oh crud, cant you atleast pretend?!

-Honey, Im going out with my friends to get drunk and associate with loose women.

-Theyd better be prostitues or it counts as adultery, and my cousins would have to cut your balls off.

-Right. Prostitutes it is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:)

Gold.

I thought YOU were dating Gabrielle, Llyr...

And women are never completely happy. If by some miracle they are, you should be very suspicious.

Also, get over it, Sluggo. My testicles are fine, despite your strange fascination with them.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I strongly believe that I'm an inevitable statistical outcome from there being more guys than gals on the planet. Sure the ratio is different from region to region but I believe there's a cosmic component to it and I'm simply just never going to find anyone.

You are a young guy right Sluggo? Twenty something? Here is a little advice that is guaranteed to change your luck. Stop dating twenty somethings or worse under twenties. They don't need you. They defineitely will not appreciate you. Go for the girls in their late thirties. Divorcees are fine but the ones who haven't been married yet are the best.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell