Broken Sword rerelease as Director's Cut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechn...-interview.html

I've not played it, but I gather it's quite good. I'd consider buying a director's cut. Will anyone else buy it, and what other titles deserve a director's cut?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I said it before, I'll say it again: Beneath a Steel Sky is the only good game Revolution produced. Broken Sword always felt like a cheap Gabriel Knight knock-off to me.

Edited by H
20795.jpg

Guest PoziomyPion

I'm so pissed they are not gonna release this game on PCs! Otherwise I would buy it( no Wii :huh:).

Oh and remember guys, if anybody buys it for Nintendo DS - there are no voiceovers, which sucks badly. At least thats what I read on Revolutions forum.

What dosbox? It's fully supported by ScummVM, hell even Sold Out releases run it on Scummvm.

If you download it from GOG, you don't have to play with any ScummVM or DOSbox, just install and enjoy, even on Vista.

and what other titles deserve a director's cut?

Hmmm, maybe Resident Evil 2, first build was finished in like 70-80% but they scrapped it, lots of enemies and ideas were used in later games, but still seeing it REmade would be great.

Edited by PoziomyPion

I wasn't fond of the Broken Sword game I played (Dragonfire?). I probably won't pick this up.

Why is the trailer full of clowns? It doesn't bode well for actual game content.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"Dragonfire" likely refers to Quest for Glory VII:Dragonfire, which an entirely different kind of game, but yeah: I agree that Broken Sword tried too much to be Gabriel Knight. I consider Syberia 1 to be a better adventure game than BS 2:The Smoking Mirror, though my Sokal fandom might play into that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Old-school adventure games doesnt really sound like something the Wii demographic would be into. Or maybe not, I know there are some jap adventure-ish games for the DS, but Im not sure if theyre made with the same recipe as classic click-n-play games

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I played this game a couple years ago! I thought it was a charming little game that showed some spunk. The sequels didn't look that great, so I passed on them. Im surprised its not going to be rerealeased for the PC seriously. WTF is up with that? Not like im going to play it again after beating it. Adventure games I rarely play over again, with exception to Gabriel Knight 2.

Anyone here liked the sequels to broken sword?

Guest PoziomyPion
I played this game a couple years ago! I thought it was a charming little game that showed some spunk. The sequels didn't look that great, so I passed on them. Im surprised its not going to be rerealeased for the PC seriously. WTF is up with that? Not like im going to play it again after beating it. Adventure games I rarely play over again, with exception to Gabriel Knight 2.

Anyone here liked the sequels to broken sword?

If you are afraid that these games went **** with going into 3D, then damn youre wrong. Broken Sword 3 is actually my favourite one, although it is not point and click anymore. As for BS4, well it's in 3D but point'n'click is back. Sequels are damn lots of fun, and you can get them really cheap.

BS4 has Nico more like a side character but game makes for that by introducing a gay priest ;P Oh god, and Georges conversations with nuns rock.

"Dragonfire" likely refers to Quest for Glory VII:Dragonfire, which an entirely different kind of game, but yeah: I agree that Broken Sword tried too much to be Gabriel Knight. I consider Syberia 1 to be a better adventure game than BS 2:The Smoking Mirror, though my Sokal fandom might play into that.

There is no Quest for Glory seven. The last one (Dragonfire) was number V.

It's Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you are afraid that these games went **** with going into 3D, then damn youre wrong. Broken Sword 3 is actually my favourite one, although it is not point and click anymore. As for BS4, well it's in 3D but point'n'click is back. Sequels are damn lots of fun, and you can get them really cheap.

BS4 has Nico more like a side character but game makes for that by introducing a gay priest ;P Oh god, and Georges conversations with nuns rock.

The thing that I hated the most about Nico in BS4 was her voice. Her character was voiced by a different actress in every installment of the franchise and the first three did a great job and fitted perfectly. But the one in BS4 was pretty awful IMO. I think BS4 was a great imporvement over TSD, but BS2 and especially 1 are still the best IMO.

BTW Broken Sword 5 is rumored to be in developement and guess what? It'll be most likely 2D! :sorcerer:

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Guest PoziomyPion
The thing that I hated the most about Nico in BS4 was her voice. Her character was voiced by a different actress in every installment of the franchise and the first three did a great job and fitted perfectly. But the one in BS4 was pretty awful IMO. I think BS4 was a great imporvement over TSD, but BS2 and especially 1 are still the best IMO.

BTW Broken Sword 5 is rumored to be in developement and guess what? It'll be most likely 2D! :woot:

How do you know that, where did these rumors came from? If its really gonna be in 2D I'll forgive them Director's Cut being exclusive to Nintendo.

On Nico's voice: I have a localized(dubbed) version of BS4 and it could be a bit better, but George's VO is actually good.