Star Wars KOTOR 2 Windows Vista Compatibility

Hello Everyone my name is Ian but most people call me Red. I recently purchased the game Star Wars KOTOR 2 the sith lords for my Toshiba Windows Vista Labtop. I have installed it and the first try it worked. So I Quit the game and I popped in the game and it said: Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic has stopped working. Then it says close program or Check online for a soulution and close the program. I click Check online for soulution and I never get one. And when I mess with the compatibility and I click Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and It Dosent Help. The only way I get the game to work is by me clicking disable sound. Is there any type of patch or upgrade I can get?. Also it wont let me Update.

Now to You:

Post A link if there is a patch or upgrade.

Post a Reply on how I could fix this.

If you have Skpe then tell me your Skype and we can fix it together.

Or you can send me Help by Email.

My Email is : Ianthejedi_shooter@hotmail.com

My Skype: Send me Email and Ill tell you.

Thank You For Your Time :aiee:

Wrong Forum.

There is a Kotor 2 section at the bottom of the main forum right here. Did you check that section? Did you check the stickies at the top of that section? Perhaps the one labelled Kotor2 Technical FAQ, Statistics & Mod Info, Read first... common issues... including Windows Vista. That sticky post has a link that leads to another post that talks about Vista issues right here.

Check this link (from the Vista solutions post). It's about the "Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic has stopped working." issue.

I honestly Do not CARE!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how life would be if people acted like this in the real world.

Man: ZOMG! I have a broken arm. The bone is pointing out my skin and blood is everywhere. Don't waste my time! Just help me.

Nurse: I can't help you, but there's a doctor that specializes in broken bones on emergency duty down the hall let me take you to..

Man: I honestly Do not CARE!!!!!! You fix my broken arm or get out of my way!!

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

And by the way, if you come here with a chip on your shoulder, people are less likely to help you out. So far I have seen people trying help out by pointing you in the right direction.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Deraldin actually answered the question with the links he posted, just follow the instructions there, specifically the part about replacing the Mss32.dll file.

What Is a Mss32.dll file. people bare with me Im not a big technoledgy guy.

Its is the Miles Sound System support library that comes with KotOR 2 and is found in the game's install directory. Unfortunately the version that came with KotOR 2 is not compatible with Vista, but the older version that came with KotOR 1 (and any number of other games) does work with Vista. In the Kotor2 Technical FAQ, Statistics & Mod Info, Read first... common issues... including Windows Vista post Deraldin linked to, there is a section about Vista issues that includes a download link for a working version of the Mss32.dll file.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Its is the Miles Sound System support library that comes with KotOR 2 and is found in the game's install directory. Unfortunately the version that came with KotOR 2 is not compatible with Vista, but the older version that came with KotOR 1 (and any number of other games) does work with Vista. In the Kotor2 Technical FAQ, Statistics & Mod Info, Read first... common issues... including Windows Vista post Deraldin linked to, there is a section about Vista issues that includes a download link for a working version of the Mss32.dll file.

So If I buy Kotor 1 and use that sound file for both will it work?

Yes. Or you could just download the file.

woild you happen to have a link to the file?

As I said, there is a link to a download in that thread that both Deraldin and I have now linked to. Just read that post and it will give you all the instructions you need.

Edited by cogadh

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

And by the way, if you come here with a chip on your shoulder, people are less likely to help you out. So far I have seen people trying help out by pointing you in the right direction.

Well if there was a chip on my shoulder I would eat it but there is no chip at the moment.