Just when you thought Nature couldn't surprise you.

Amentep

barreleye1-350.jpg

http://www.mbari.org/news/news_releases/20.../barreleye.html

Monteray Bay Aquarium Research Institute has been studying a deep sea fish with a transparent head!

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I can't deny that's incredible.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tough chore having a transparent head that is mostly empty. I'd be kinda embarrassed.

Its really mostly a shell for the eyes (they're the big green topped tube things in the transparent skull; the two opening above the mouth are actually olfactory senses, apparently).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tough chore having a transparent head that is mostly empty. I'd be kinda embarrassed.

Its really mostly a shell for the eyes (they're the big green topped tube things in the transparent skull; the two opening above the mouth are actually olfactory senses, apparently).

He wasn't talking about the fish.

ba-da-bump *tsk*

Maybe they're both for it as part of a global wise conspiracy to make you think that they're actually adversaries, thus encompassing all of the population of earth to choose to take one side or the other never knowing they're actually the same side.

The same side RULED BY TRANSPARENT HEADED FISH OVERLORDS!!!!1111111onetwothree

barreleye1-350.jpg

Coolest thing this year so far, by a far strech.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Coolest thing this year so far, by a far strech.

Good thing we're only in March...

Ya, in July some Aussie will find a talking dingo and by Christmas the world's first real pink panther will have been born.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God