Mac game engine question

Solo

I was wondering after looking at the various game engines now a days used. What would be a good one for the Mac? I've already looked at what suggestions there were at the homepage of Apple but most of the demos were just video and not working types to test out.

I would assume that most of you all here use Windows as your main OS so it must be a lot easier to answer such a question if I too were to use Windows. But I have heard of some Mac users, they haven't answer this question yet, using BBEdit and the scripting file of the Mac OS to edit things but since Aurora (spellling?) is used and another game engine that escapes my mind are used they seemed to be widly used on Win systems. Now of course the Mac has a Xcode to handle C and C++, I think, that such engines, in theory, should work?

If you haven't guess by now, I know jack on game engines as well as game programming. The last timed I programmed something was in basic. Peek, poke, goto, and sound commands. But that was waaaaaaay long ago. So please do feel to drop what info and or opinions you have in here.

Solo

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

The only engine specificly developed for MacOS Ive seen is http://unity3d.com/ it looks pretty slick from what Ive seen, but its not AAA class. However, any OpenGL based engine that works on Linux can theoreticly be ported to MacOS since they are both Unix-based.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thanks for the info there. I'll be checking that out.

Thanks again for the help.

Solo

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo