NWN2 originally developed by Liquid Ent.?

funcroc

Perhaps it never got off the ground and was rejected in favour of Obsidian.

Interesting nonetheless. What have Liquid done, again? (I'm sure I've heard about them...)

Liquid did a prototype pitch demo for NWN2, which was made from scratch and didn't use Aurora at all. Ultimately they didn't get the project. NWN2 from Obsidian did not use anything Liquid made for Atari, and most of us didn't even know that the project existed until we hired David.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Liquid did a prototype pitch demo for NWN2, which was made from scratch and didn't use Aurora at all. Ultimately they didn't get the project. NWN2 from Obsidian did not use anything Liquid made for Atari, and most of us didn't even know that the project existed until we hired David.

Interesting info and thanks for the clarification! ;)

huh interesting... thanks for the info JAB. In the end you guys ended up using little of aurora anyways as well.

I actually never heard of Liquid until this thread... :/

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

huh interesting... thanks for the info JAB. In the end you guys ended up using little of aurora anyways as well.

The majority of NWN2 still runs on Aurora. Electron replaced many of the client side systems including the renderer, animation, user interface, terrian/tiles and effects.

The majority of NWN2 still runs on Aurora. Electron replaced many of the client side systems including the renderer, animation, user interface, terrian/tiles and effects.

Did you guys gut the pathfinding and AI too? Been a while since we had these convos so I may be wrong on this. I was under the impression pretty much only the game mechanics were more or less left from the original code by the time you guys finished gutting and modifying.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Did you guys gut the pathfinding and AI too? Been a while since we had these convos so I may be wrong on this. I was under the impression pretty much only the game mechanics were more or less left from the original code by the time you guys finished gutting and modifying.

Pathfinding was a rewritten system in Electron. We did some changes to the AI system (such as pathfinding), but nothing extensive to decision making and behaviors.

I knew of Dragonshard but was put off because it was for the PC only but I never paid attention as to who (company) made it. I am even more surprised that this Liquid Ent. was the first to try. Another compnay I haven't heard of.

Well I think this compnay here, Obsidian, is going to be singing soon. Their pet project should be taking flight very soon from it's nest. :)

Back to topic at hand.

I wonder what the beta or demo works of NWN2 from Liquid Ent. looked like?

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

Still would like to see the demo on how it looked liked. Guess I could try to google it and see if I find anything. :thumbsup:

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo