Any good games coming out?

Gorth

In vain. From the Latin vānus, meaning empty.

Puzzle Quest: Galaxtrix for the PC. 02/24/09. Puzzle

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for the PC. 04/07/09. Action-adventure

Demigod for the PC. 04/14/09. 'Team-based action/strategy with RPG elements.'

Velvet Assassin for PC and X-Box. 04/14/09. WWII stealth action

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Add Lost Planet 2 in the list. The trailer looks orgasmicly sick!

http://kotaku.com/5158575/lost-planet-2-the-trailer

Plus, it has coop in the game and based on the selection of equipments that encourages teamwork play, like the mobile ballistic shield a player could use, and a multi guns mecha that can be seated for three persons. Looks like a game with bleeding potential for a great 3rd person action game, something Lost Planet fails to to acheive due to over simplicity of the gameplay system.

And if it's as bloody hard as Lost Planet 1, then it's a must-have by far.

Edit: Goddamn, Capcom knows how to do an announcement. Get this, they start by being really familiar with their player base, acknowledging them, then showing a good trailer and end up with a questionnaire small Q&A where the devs actually admit to listening to fan input. That's one great team there.

Anyway, I'll add King's Bounty: Armored Princess to the list.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anything known about that BHG rpg?

Not really; they haven't released any information - possibly because of THQ buying BHG.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Meh. Still looks too much like Squeenix's every other franchises.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Boohoo looks. The underlying turn-based combat system is actually pretty neat, and tries a lot of new and different concepts. As a design experiment, I think it succeeds. I'm not sure which part the demo takes place in, but it may or may not accurately depict the overall gameplay; the first few hours stick you in 'tutorial' mode. The game really picks up once you get more unions/leaders/units.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Is the protagonist a 14 year old boy with a ridiculously large sword?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Biggest technical complaints here are 1-2 seconds of pop in time for textures to load fully after an area comes up and load times for the battles which take from 5-10 seconds. Not too bad, but they occur so frequently that they can really get annoying. It would be nice to see the game recognize what input method you are using and tailor to button prompts to that so you aren't constantly trying to figure out where they hell they've mapped right bumper to on the keyboard. Performance is great on my computer. Running it at 1920x1200 with everything on high and there was no noticeable slowdown.

It's got about an hour or two of play time from what I saw depending on how quickly you rush through the demo.

EDIT: Supposedly the button prompts will change depending on input. Maybe I'm just an idiot and missed something when I went over the control options. No mouse support for the menus is a disappointment though.

Edited by Deraldin

Add Lost Planet 2 in the list. The trailer looks orgasmicly sick!

http://kotaku.com/5158575/lost-planet-2-the-trailer

Plus, it has coop in the game and based on the selection of equipments that encourages teamwork play, like the mobile ballistic shield a player could use, and a multi guns mecha that can be seated for three persons. Looks like a game with bleeding potential for a great 3rd person action game, something Lost Planet fails to to acheive due to over simplicity of the gameplay system.

I've always wondered WHY we're fighting the Akrid in Lost Planet... It sounds like "we" are the aggressors in this situation.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Because humans just love the glowing honey they drop.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74155

Fallout 1, 2, and tactics all being rereleased within the next months.

And I, being the good little Fallout fan that I am, will buy it once again... :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It happened years ago on DVD. I don't know what's different about this particular pack, if anything.

maybe they're trying to introduce it to a new generation of players?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74155

Fallout 1, 2, and tactics all being rereleased within the next months.

And I, being the good little Fallout fan that I am, will buy it once again... >_<

Only to preserve my original disks.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I never had Fallout Tactics so if I ever saw a release like that I'd consider getting it.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man