Chris Avellone interview at StarWarsKnights.com

funcroc

Nice.

Don't worry, Christ. I thought Kreia was a well written, interesting character. Seriously, I really liked her and she's probably the most memorable character I've seen in a video game yet.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Link to part 2. Interesting stuff, definitely worth reading. :(

Don't worry, Christ.

Don't you think you're taking the messianism around MCA a little far? :)

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Nice.

Don't worry, Christ. I thought Kreia was a well written, interesting character. Seriously, I really liked her and she's probably the most memorable character I've seen in a video game yet.

Almost as good as Carth, but insane instead of whiny.

Edit: The last paragraph in part 2 is wrong though, clearly the proper way to do it is to write everything out in the Codex.

Edit2: Btw, here's an older interview they did with Chris about TSL, which explains a lot of stuff that was kind of obscure in the game: http://www.starwarsknights.com/fullstory.php?id=386

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Ah, this was a good read, though it sucks that it's been posted like this (I mean in three parts). I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, to see how the cinematics team handled the show-don't-tell part.

Also, about Kreia: it's surprising to see Chris say that he wanted her to be a sympathetic Sith Lord, considering her personality. But at the end of the game, agree or not with her cause or her methods, I still felt she deserved respect. And that's pretty special if you ask me. She's definitely among my absolute favorite NPCs.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ah, this was a good read, though it sucks that it's been posted like this (I mean in three parts). I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, to see how the cinematics team handled the show-don't-tell part.

It's more a matter of formatting. The site's rather old and the news system really wasn't designed for posting large amounts of text all at once and it begins to look very messy when you have over 1000 words in a post. If a large number of people have a problem with this then I will post all parts of future features at once with links from one piece to another.

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

Kreia was a well written, interesting character

Wrong game. That's Carth Onasi.

*throws a cookie at Llyr*

It is a bit annoying to have this in 3 parts. Very interesting read though, there's a lot of potential for the show-don't-tell approach to go awry, so it'll be nice to see if Obs can pull it off.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's more a matter of formatting. The site's rather old and the news system really wasn't designed for posting large amounts of text all at once and it begins to look very messy when you have over 1000 words in a post. If a large number of people have a problem with this then I will post all parts of future features at once with links from one piece to another.

I see. Well, that changes things a bit. I tend to remember the details better when reading the whole thing at once than reading it in parts that get posted on different days. It would be great to have them all posted on the same day at least, though it ultimately doesn't matter too much. Cheers for the interview either way!

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

How can they complain about Kreia?! She's one of the best (if not the best) character in the gaming industry, I call her the: "mysterious witch" :shifty: I really enjoyed that you swayed away from the "typical" Star Wars telling, and gave the villains something more than power and control to fight for.

It's not truly Star Wars, it's just happens to take place in it's galaxy - I think it's a very interesting idea

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Chris. Great interview!

*throws a cookie at Llyr too*

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4