Feargus: MMOs suxx

Pop

As long as Obsidian makes great CRPGs that are not MMOs I wil;l be buying them, even though I may disagree with certain design decisions.

All MMOs suck.

Yeah, but you once said:

I'm sticking o the PC. I did my foray into consoles with X Box and well, overall it wasn't worth it.

And now you are a 360 fanboy.

But seriously, if you are fundamentally opposed to MMO's, then this game will not be for you.

Yep, that's pretty much what I think too. It's not that I am fundamentally opposed to MMO's (I am merely not interested in playing them, but those who like them - more power to them) - it's just that when these get produced, they seem to gobble-up the entire franchise and kill the possibility of further single-player installments - hence I am less than thrilled when this happens to one one of my favorite franchises (e.g. KOTOR, or indeed Warcraft).

May be they'll make it a free download or reduced price, to get more people to try it. In any case, WoW provides a free trial, so TOR would have to also. I'm not fundamentally opposed to MMO's, just to grinding. If you take their promises of a story driven game at face value, that may work out fine.

You let it sound like TOR could be a full replacement to a Kotor 3. Sorry, no go. You can go with story-driven, full VO content only so far, as AoC already showed. And in TOR, I'm not seeking for a "single-player MMO" in the first place.

A Kotor 3 should still be considered by LA if they're smart. But they're not smart...

As long as Obsidian makes great CRPGs that are not MMOs I wil;l be buying them, even though I may disagree with certain design decisions.

All MMOs suck.

Yeah, but you once said:

I'm sticking o the PC. I did my foray into consoles with X Box and well, overall it wasn't worth it.

And now you are a 360 fanboy.

WHo is this Hades person? I am Killian Kalthorne. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I love how the fanboys think that TOR will be able to properly forward the storyline. Even if it somehow succeeds, the IMMERSHUN will just get ruined by the typical immature teenager - "LOL! I jus kild a rankor for fat l00tz! I pwn noobs!1!1! lololololololo" :aiee::down:

QFT

I just can't wait to meet the mysterious DurthRevanXXX!!!!!11 character during my playthrough :o

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!