Obsidian Future Game Rumors on the net

One_Hot_Chick

I have read on several threads that Aliens is pretty much dead as Sega is or has pulled out.

I have also read rumors that Obsidian is planning on making a BG3 game; Curious if anyone else has heard of this.

Alpha Protocol, is it going to actually be released or is it vaporware!

If anyone has any info, would love to hear about it.

-HC

I have read on several threads that Aliens is pretty much dead as Sega is or has pulled out.

Aliens game appears to be on hold, dude.

I have also read rumors that Obsidian is planning on making a BG3 game; Curious if anyone else has heard of this.

Josh Sawyer is making a mod with NWN2 tools on his free time that follows his earlier work on Jefferson aka Black Hound aka FR6 aka BG3, dude.

Is going to be released, dude.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Aliens game appears to be on hold, dude.

Josh Sawyer is making a mod with NWN2 tools on his free time that follows his earlier work on Jefferson aka Black Hound aka FR6 aka BG3, dude.

Is going to be released, dude.

I am not talking about a MOD, I am talking about a FULL RELEASE of BG 3! I have read many blogs and rumors... If this is true, that would not be a good thing. Why ruin something so good.

Because there is no where to go with it?

I mean ToB tied up the story very nicely. There is really no where to go with that storyline. And if you start a fully new SL then its BG3 in title only. And if you try to shoe horn a new story where ToB ends then its really going to be convoluted and obviously forced. Its a no win either way, let the BG series RIP.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Atari did say that they were looking to do something with the Baldurs Gate license, so I'm sure it'll come eventually. Whether it be Obsidian or some other company remains to be seen though. Not that I particularly agree though. I feel it's better left alone, just like I feel Fallout should've been left alone. Let's have new stuff instead please.

And the Black Hound was never meant to be BG3, it was just named that for a while since it was the only D&D title (along with IWD I believe) that Interplay had permission to use. Black Hound was gonna be its own thing in the end.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I am not talking about a MOD, I am talking about a FULL RELEASE of BG 3! I have read many blogs and rumors... If this is true, that would not be a good thing. Why ruin something so good.

You know they just could make any sort of FR game and slap the BG name on it. It doesn't has to follow the Bhaal saga, just like NWN2 had nothing to do with NWN story wise.

And I wouldn't mind if Jefferson gets remade into a commercial release, with Josh heading the project. That would be far more exciting and fresh than a mere NWN2 mod.

They could also drop the toolset and multiplayer stuff with a BG title (as opposed with NWN3 which is almost mandatory there), thus allowing to concentrate on a strong singleplayer experience, and also make the game for consoles as well (prolly more action-orientated). Of course this woul mean that it would directly compete with the Dragon Age series.

But hey, if DA proves to be a major succes, this would also justify a new BG game.

Or even better, a newly created Obsidian fantasy IP.

Edited by Morgoth

*prays for steampunk*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Even if you hate steampunk, Obs would make it even more awesome, so you'd have to like it.

[/Fanboyism]

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Even if you hate steampunk, Obs would make it even more awesome, so you'd have to like it.

[/Fanboyism]

Arcanum II anyone?

Well hey would ya look at that? The Arcanum IP is just sitting there being useless, when it could be printing money. :(

[/Fanboyism]

Arcanum II anyone?

Well hey would ya look at that? The Arcanum IP is just sitting there being useless, when it could be printing money. ;(

Don't you think if Arcanum sold decent numbers there would have been a squeal already or at the very least a producer buy the franchise? From what I recall it did not sell all that well and in fact lost the publisher money. This was troika's issue from the start higher goals and quality product promises to publishers then they could deliver. In the end its what killed them.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

If Torn is an original setting that was conceived by MCA, sure. However, it would put the game as a direct rival to Dragon Age that might have some difficulty in outmanuevering the publicity. Based on the early previews of the game, the setting is striking similar to The Witcher's so that's another competition in that area too.

Personally, I kind of hope for a historical fictional setting set in Victorian age. There's lots of famous fictional characters set during that period such as Lupin, Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper ect that if Obsidian is creative enough, it shouldn't be a problem creating their own setting with the mesh of such characters.

Edited by Zoma

Don't you think if Arcanum sold decent numbers there would have been a squeal already or at the very least a producer buy the franchise? From what I recall it did not sell all that well and in fact lost the publisher money. This was troika's issue from the start higher goals and quality product promises to publishers then they could deliver. In the end its what killed them.

I blame the lack of sales on Sierra, but by the early 2000's they were already knee deep in financial trouble.

If Torn is an original setting that was conceived by MCA, sure. However, it would put the game as a direct rival to Dragon Age that might have some difficulty in outmanuevering the publicity. Based on the early previews of the game, the setting is striking similar to The Witcher's so that's another competition in that area too.

David Maldonado was the lead on Torn and I think it was his setting as well.

I hate Steampunk.

+1

+2

You're cheating.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.