Mass Effect 2 Teaser Trailer

neckthrough

And, she acts like she's in single digits despite the 'book smarts'. :x

She's a baby-face blue alien who would probably be 13 years old by Asari standards.

... its creepy when you think about it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why would Bioware want to be more creative when they get all the sales and critical acclaim they need, without it?

I bet they only sold about half as much as they were hoping. Of course improving the quality wouldn't necessarily result in any more sales, but would increase the cost. On the other hand at least they won't have to wrestle with the crap engine as much, so at least there's some hope there.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"I bet they only sold about half as much as they were hoping. "

Why do you say this when the facts don't back it up? Espicially since nobody but BIO/MS know exactly how much sales they were expecting. Obviously, they sold enough to go ahead with the sequel. EA would have canceled it no questions asked if they felt ME1 was a failure 9which it would be if it only sold 'half' of what was expected.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Too bad its being published by EA though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

... I was pretty sure Bioware was making it.

:ermm:

Oh, Volo.

"I bet they only sold about half as much as they were hoping. "

Why do you say this when the facts don't back it up? Espicially since nobody but BIO/MS know exactly how much sales they were expecting. Obviously, they sold enough to go ahead with the sequel. EA would have canceled it no questions asked if they felt ME1 was a failure 9which it would be if it only sold 'half' of what was expected.

Because if it sold well they'd be boasting from here to creation, see Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed. Plus the price was dropped a few months after it came out, never a good sign. And no, it wouldn't be a failure if it at least paid for itself, most games don't even do that. The current theory is that a game has to become a franchise to make money, which is why it was planned as a trilogy to start with.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Where's the "Available in PC/XBOX360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS"-sign? Hmmmm? Come on EA, you can't be that much of an Xbot, can you? You used to be so cool and friends with every platform that's out there.

And i clearly hope that Pidesco is wrong about the story, that would be way too predictable.

Shepard transferring his brain to a geth sounds better though. Then we would be seeing Robo-human-alien sex, which would almost be Japan-territory. That would be awesome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest The Architect
It's fairly obvious that ME2's plot will be about the robots controlling the galaxy, with Shepard faking his death, to go underground and all rebel and stuff, so that the good fight against the powers that be can be fought. Boring, trite and predictable just like the first game. At least they're going for thematic unity across the trilogy, I guess.

Yeah, and don't forget the planet eating reaper, physically indestructible reaper, the old, cryptic, manipulative woman who accompanies the lead character and is secretly in control of the reapers, and the legion of the fat reaper appointed bounty hunters that go chasing after the main protagonist because of the price that's been set on their head.

It's fairly obvious that ME2's plot will be about the robots controlling the galaxy, with Shepard faking his death, to go underground and all rebel and stuff, so that the good fight against the powers that be can be fought. Boring, trite and predictable just like the first game. At least they're going for thematic unity across the trilogy, I guess.

Yeah, and don't forget the planet eating reaper, physically indestructible reaper, the old, cryptic, manipulative woman who accompanies the lead character and is secretly in control of the reapers, and the legion of the fat reaper appointed bounty hunters that go chasing after the main protagonist because of the price that's been set on their head.

wot?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect

wot?

I knew you'd say that. You know, "robots controlling the galaxy". The Sith were running the show in KotOR2. Bad guys ruling the day, main character of the first off somewhere behind the scenes in the background doing something. Mass Effect is like KotOR. You get it, as if ME2 will have elements of KotOR2 to it. Planet eating reaper = Nihilus, physically indestructible reaper = Sion and so on. Never mind, you just go back to the Champions League, and watch Porto get raped in Spain this week. :dancing:

"Because if it sold well they'd be boasting from here to creation,"

They did exactly that.

"Plus the price was dropped a few months after it came out, never a good sign."

Many successful games price drop after a few months. ME took awhile to drop. It's still being sold at a reasonable price in the stores around here. Not full price; but not bad.

"And no, it wouldn't be a failure if it at least paid for itself, most games don't even do that."

if it was expected to sell 4 mil, and it only sold 2 mil; that's a failure. Afterall, budgets are set with expectations in mind.

Still, none of what youi post si really evidence. Not even anecdotal. Heck, not even really accurate. And, mostly vague. 'Price dropped afetr a few months." By how much? How many months? You throw things out there but don't even bother with numbers.

"And NHL 2009 was developed by Bioware"

BIO is a division of EA. The reverse is NOT true as EA is NOT a division of BIO. BIO's days as an actual company is dead. It was bought out.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I doubt they'll rip off K2's story.

Bioware can't pull it off. :dancing:

BIO is a division of EA. The reverse is NOT true as EA is NOT a division of BIO. BIO's days as an actual company is dead. It was bought out.

You're dead wrong. Bio is still fully intact as a company, and is not an internal EA studio (like the EA sports or Dead space makers), as it is not directly being managed by EA. Bio has been founded as an independet company, and is fully intact. The only change is that they're now a subsidiary of EA. That increases the revenues for EA, but being a subsidiary does not turn you automatically into EA. Bio can also let go free again if they screw up or EA get's into trouble, as opposed to the internal EA development studios.

Bio is still Bio.

Live with that.