Dante's Inferno

Purkake

What's with the bad 80s cartoons?

It's all part of the "artistic vision".

Also something called "Dante's Inferno An Animated Epic" which comes with the collectors edition AFAIK, probably to bring the epic to the new generation with awesome nude chicks and buckets of blood.

They should do an action game version of The Trial, while they are at it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 4 weeks later...

Dante's Inferno, the first part of the Divine Comedy to get reprinted with an all-new cover: (from Kotaku)

One title not highlighted by EA CEO John Riccitiello today was the release of Dante Alighieri's Inferno, part of The Divine Comedy. Yes, that's the book, soon to be republished bearing the Dante's Inferno video game's likeness.

293veys.jpg

Edited by Purkake

I'm trying to imagine some kid playing the game, loving it, then going out and getting the book... :lol:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Next up Gone with the Wind as a survival horror game complete with blowtorches, spiked clubs, and zombies.

Lots of zombies.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

We own both books, I actually bought Sea Monsters one two weeks ago. I hope they make Pride and Prejudice into a survival horror game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bad.

Not just bad, it's insulting. This is literally culture rape.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bad.

Not just bad, it's insulting. This is literally culture rape.

But as slowtrain mentioned it will all be worth it to see the look on the kids faces when they pick up the book and expect it to be anything like the game.

Dante's Inferno, the first part of the Divine Comedy to get reprinted with an all-new cover: (from Kotaku)

One title not highlighted by EA CEO John Riccitiello today was the release of Dante Alighieri's Inferno, part of The Divine Comedy. Yes, that's the book, soon to be republished bearing the Dante's Inferno video game's likeness.

293veys.jpg

I'm interested in the game and I don't mind the fact they are using a classic story and changing it into an action game... that said... this is a joke right? If not... ;)

I'm wondering if there's a Dante's Inferno graphic novel out there. Because that could be cool.

There was one loosely based on Dante's Inferno called Sinergy by Caliber Press. It was a pretty good adaption. It was originally a 5 issue mini-series and then released as a graphic novel published in the early 90's. Here's another preview link to the Graphic Novel.

Edited by zerexaki

I would buy that game purely for the comedic value.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Some more gameplay further into the game, it's pretty NSFW as well.

Looks like they figured that they had way too many characters and anyone who wouldn't make an awesome villain can be found along the road somewhere and brutally murdered. In the 20 minutes of the video they have already found and brutally murdered Pontius Pilate and Orpheus.

Edited by Purkake

It doesn't look like anything special, what's the deal?

Actually it looks like a DMC rip off, all colored in ****ty brown.

*Poor Dante's turning in his grave

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There's also some demon babies with sword hands at the very end.

The deal is that this is "bringing the literary classic to the new audience".

They actually had the gall to say that?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There's also some demon babies with sword hands at the very end.

The deal is that this is "bringing the literary classic to the new audience".

Isn't that kind of like saying Mel Gibson brought historically accurate truths about Scotland to a new audience?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."