Blank Screen leaver Peragus

trick

This is my first post, so don't kill me if this topic has been posted. I did use the search feature, but it returned too many posts, none of which seemed to describe my issue.

When leaving Peragus, the screen goes blank. I can hear sounds, which I take to be the firing of a gun turret aboard the ship (Ebon Hawk) I'm on, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Below are the machine's specs:

WinXP Pro (SP2)

Intel 3.2ghz Processor

2gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce 7600 (with latest drivers)

KOTOR2 Patch 1.0b

Here's the graphics section of my swkotor2.ini

[Graphics Options]

Grass=1

Shadows=1

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

RefreshRate=60

Width=800

Height=600

Emitters=1

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=1

Soft Shadows=0

Brightness=57

V-Sync=0

Texture Quality=2

Anti Aliasing=0

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Any ideas? If additional information is needed, please let me know. Thanks

This happened to me on a couple times, but I believe it had something to do with a corrupted save file as it didn't happen on a regular occasion. I would suggest loading up a save earlier in your game, maybe that helps out. Do you have any mods installed? They can also wreck havoc from time to time.

This is the first time I've played, so I have no save files to draw on. I have restarted from scratch and created a new character, but the same thing happens. No offense against the fine folks on this forum, but this game blows. I can't even make it off the first screen and Obsidian (Obscene) can't even help me fix it, even though it's an older game? I'll never waste my money on any of their games again. It's obvious that in their push to release games and make profit, the quality of their games suffer.

You do realise that you first posted on Saturday, three days prior to your last message, right? Regardless, this four year-old game is notorious for being bug-ridden, a result of a rushed release on behalf of Lucas Arts, so patience is required. All this is discussed elsewhere in the forum in greater detail if you are interested.

I am no tech expert myself, but with regards to your problem, have you tried looking through other posts in forum? Perhaps someone else has already addressed the same issue. 'Search' is your friend.

If anything, have a look here, where you will find links to archived game saves. Maybe using them will indicate whether your problem is located in that specific part of the game, or something else.

Sorry if I seemed impatient. I was just anxious to play, but quickly losing interest. Besides, my beef isn't with the folks on this forum. It's the company that made this piece of **** game. I used the search feature before posting the original topic with no results. I'll take a look at the link you provided to see if that helps. Thanks for posting.

Sorry if I seemed impatient. I was just anxious to play, but quickly losing interest. Besides, my beef isn't with the folks on this forum. It's the company that made this piece of **** game. I used the search feature before posting the original topic with no results. I'll take a look at the link you provided to see if that helps. Thanks for posting.

If you're playing on Vista this is not unusual. If you're not, then maybe it's your latest Nvidia driver that's causing this mess. The game usually goes better with versions prior to 100. Yeah, I know it sucks, but if you ever menage to workaround this issue you'll realize the game is very good.

I wonder if someone will ever violate the EULA and mess with the .exe to make it less buggy and maybe more Vista-friendly. This, combined with TSLRP would make the game awesome.

Too bad LA does not let people from obsidian patch the game properly.

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"