Grrrr jury duty

Eddo36

Wouldn't that kinda ruin the entire point of being judged by ones peers?

In this world of Myspace and Facebook, we are all each other's peer. Almost one, like John Lennon prophecised.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've always just pushed my date back whenever I get a summons. I'll go next time I get one though. Have to experience it appreciate how much it sucks. Plus, maybe I'll some time to play on my DS.

Isn't communication with the outside world prohibited? Wouldn't the DS's WiFi tip them off?

You can always get a book, though...

Ah come on. It's got to be a bit interesting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've always just pushed my date back whenever I get a summons. I'll go next time I get one though. Have to experience it appreciate how much it sucks. Plus, maybe I'll some time to play on my DS.

Isn't communication with the outside world prohibited? Wouldn't the DS's WiFi tip them off?

You can always get a book, though...

AFAIK communication with the outside world is only prohibited *if* the individual is seated on a jury and *if* the jury is sequestered.

Obviously you can't be playing a DS game if you're in a jury listening to evidence, but I'd imagine when you're in the waiting area waiting to see if you're called for a jury interview you'd be able to play. Last time I was waiting for jury duty though I don't think the DS existed... :)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I would love jury duty. It would be nice to be on the other end of the court room. Each time I was to go to court I was a damn witness.

You mean accused. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I would love jury duty. It would be nice to be on the other end of the court room. Each time I was to go to court I was a damn witness.

You mean accused. :*

QUIET YOU! :aiee:

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I would love jury duty.

I always thought I would, too. Friends who've done it say it's incredibly tedious, but I always thought I'd be moved by the sense of the history and heritage and the trappings of the judicial system, rights that were fought for over the centuries and all that - rather like walking into the entrance of one of the great museums. I also get quite emotional when voting. :x

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I also get quite emotional when voting. :-

:lol:

Personally I just get extremely nervous and keep doublechecking that I did it right.

Good man! o:)

-Elwood Blues