Lets talk about guns

I did a search and I failed to find a topic solely on guns so I figured I'd make one. From what I have read there are going to be 4 main types of weapons: handguns, SMGs, shotguns, and rifles. I also heard that SMGs will always be duel wielded.

After going through the screen shots here is what I have come up with as far as what guns will be featured in the game.

Handguns: Smith and Wesson M&P

Shotguns: XM1014 Auto

SMGs: Mp7A1

Rifles: Scar L, XM8

Other: M60

Feel free to add to or debate my findings.

As far as what I hope to find in the game. Here is a list of what I would like to see:

Handguns: Walther P99 (James Bond's recent gun of choice), Sig Sauer P228/P229 (Jack Bauer's gun from Season 1), and HK's .45cal USP Compact Tactical

SMGs: Mp5K (Neo - Matrix 1), Glock 18 (I know its a pistol but it just seems to belong here), Scorpion

Shotguns: Classic Double Barrel or Sawed Off (Similar to the one Jason Bourne Used in the Bourne Identity)

Rifles: PSG-1 (Im assuming snipers belong in this category), G3SG1, M110

Hope you all enjoy the topic. Post your own thoughts about the guns you want to see in AP.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

In all fairness your link barely covers the same topic. Sure some people put in their suggestions for weapons but that wasn't necessarily why the topic was started in the first place. Plus, I didn't see anyone make a list of the weapons that the screenshots already show in game.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Even though they scrapped the program, I wouldn't mind an OICW. As for desert eagles...I'd rather use a derringer.

Edited for content

If Im not mistaken thats a Galil right? Never was a big fan. I much prefer sub carbines like the G36C. As a matter of fact in Aliens v Predator some mercs pulled G36Cs out of briefcases. Wouldn't mind having that around during under cover ops in AP. Come to think of it, the briefcase W2000 sniper from Hitman: Blood Money was super useful too.

Edited for content

Give me a revolver and I will be happy. Any revolver, doesn't matter. Add a silencer if you feel like it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Think about it this way: We've already got the silent assassin gameplay, heavy weapons guy gameplay and traps n' melee gameplay. All we need is western gameplay, with guys in longcoats and hats, dual-wielding pistols painted gold.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If Im not mistaken thats a Galil right? Never was a big fan. I much prefer sub carbines like the G36C. As a matter of fact in Aliens v Predator some mercs pulled G36Cs out of briefcases. Wouldn't mind having that around during under cover ops in AP. Come to think of it, the briefcase W2000 sniper from Hitman: Blood Money was super useful too.

No. It's an FN FAL.

The Galil is an Israeli optimised version of the AK47.

I want an Ithaca Model 37 Stakeout Shotgun.

I want to able to add Wolvers to my character.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No. It's an FN FAL.

The Galil is an Israeli optimised version of the AK47.

My bad, guess my weapon recognition skills need alittle work. Then again I never was a big fan of FN even though they have been coming onto the gun scene more and more this past decade. I always forget that the SCAR, F2000, and P90 all come from them.

Edited for content

ak-47 and desert eagle

old school!

anyway, are the guns going to be registered? or just the model with a fictional name?

Edited by pcrk2

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Really Flushentity? So far Ive been able to identify all the guns in the screen shots. At the very least they are making model replicas of really life armaments. They can change the name and the stats but the look is ripped directly from reality.

It will be interesting to see what this will look like in the final game.

Edited by Fearless_Jedi

Edited for content

I also thought the models looked very replica-like, which is why I included the paraphrase quotes. I think what it really means is that they're basically doing actual guns, but attempting to cover their asses legally and avoid those fans who say stuff like "The C7A2 should have an ambidextrous fire selector and your model doesn't." And yes, I know that ambidextrous controls on a C7 are optional, but I'm trying to make a point here.

Is it expensive to have real gun models in a game? I mean, lots of games have that. And I would definitely prefer to find a Dragunov instead of a Gradunov in the game, that's for sure.

I know having real car models comes with a lot of rules and do's and don'ts.. and probably a load of cash.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I know having real car models comes with a lot of rules and do's and don'ts.. and probably a load of cash.

I've never really understood that, wouldn't having them in games be free advertising for them? (Unless of course the developer betrays them in a bad light.) Even more so now when companies want to pay developers to put ads in their games.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

My understanding is that in order for a commercial product to use the actual brand names for guns, cars, etc. one must pay a licensing fee to the company (hence why half-life mods that went retail had to change their weapon names to generic ones). I'm no lawyer though, so that's about as far as my guesswork goes. I couldn't even begin to guess why that is, other than it provides the manufacturers with another way to make additional money.

• 2 months later...
Really Flushentity? So far Ive been able to identify all the guns in the screen shots. At the very least they are making model replicas of really life armaments. They can change the name and the stats but the look is ripped directly from reality.

It will be interesting to see what this will look like in the final game.

what have you noticed?