Stardock RPG

Bos_hybrid

Was reading an interview with Stardock CEO Wardell, where he talks about wanting to develop different IPs both from Atari (MOO & Star Control), he then goes on to talk about RPGs and his like for the BG series.

This left me wondering if he asked about the BG IP, given the rumors about a potential BG3, could we see it comming from Stardock?

Links:

Stardock CEO eyes Star Control, MOO and more

Stardock to develop RPG

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Hasn't MOO been brutalized enough at this point? Let the dead have some peace.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Never. Fallout 3 is a blaphemous product that many accepted it. I want everyone to feel my pain by bringing back the old favourite IPs from the dead and brutally rape them.

Its voodoo game development. Dig up the rotting corpses of ancient IPS and violate them in hideous ways, then reanimate them into some vague semblance of unlife and send them to Wal Mart and Best Buy.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fallout 3 rocks though. I played the originals when they were released, and Bethesda captured the atmosphere of the property to a tee. They are the perfect example of why it is great to dig up old IP's and breathe new life into them.

it is great to dig up old IP's and breathe new life into them.

You're a glass is always half full type of person, aren't you, Hurlshot? I respect that. You are consistent anyway.

Was reading an interview with Stardock CEO Wardell, where he talks about wanting to develop different IPs both from Atari (MOO & Star Control), he then goes on to talk about RPGs and his like for the BG series.

This left me wondering if he asked about the BG IP, given the rumors about a potential BG3, could we see it comming from Stardock?

Links:

Stardock CEO eyes Star Control, MOO and more

Stardock to develop RPG

To answer your question, HIGHLY improbable. The next big game they are working on is gal civ3 and their own CRPG IP if I recall their schedule correctly.

With that said SD is a GREAT company and one worthy of supporting like obsidian. Their is virtually no copy protection on any of their s/w and they have a wide selection of games from classic remakes such as 'defender of the crown' to the recent hit sins of the solar empire or x4 game galactic civ2. All very reasonibly priced.

Edited by Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

it is great to dig up old IP's and breathe new life into them.

You're a glass is always half full type of person, aren't you, Hurlshot? I respect that. You are consistent anyway.

Thanks. It drives my wife nuts, to be honest. She finds it difficult to complain about stuff to me

"We'd like to do a roleplaying game," he said at the time, mentioning BioWare's Baldur's Gate II and Knights of the Old Republic, saying a Stardock game might well feature "the same style of isometric gameplay -- not first-person -- where I have a party that I'm interacting with. I think there are a lot of people who want that."

Yes, there are. We're glad you noticed. :p

Now, pull up a chair, and let's talk romance options. ;)

I remember Brad Wardell making statements about how wonderful Oblivion was and how he'd like to make something similar, so I'm glad his taste in RPGs seems to have improved.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Fallout 3 rocks though.

In some ways, yes. In others, no - it does not. :ermm:

...Bethesda captured the atmosphere of the property to a tee.

I've got to disagree with you there... >_<

They are the perfect example of why it is great to dig up old IP's and breathe new life into them.

And also an equally good reason why you should let the dead rest... -_-

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I wish they had managed to get the Master of Magic license. Elemental looks terrible, but if they had gotten the license I'm thinking it would have been sweet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg