So, uh. EA/Starbreeze working on a new Bourne game

Jason Bourne

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/star...rne-game-for-ea

Starbreeze working on Bourne game for EA

The Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze is working on a new game based on the Jason Bourne character, to be published by Electronic Arts.

EA has picked up the rights to create games based on the works of Robert Ludlum, previously held by Vivendi.

"Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne is the most exciting action hero to emerge in decades, thrilling audiences around the world," said Mike Quigley, group VP of marketing for EA Games.

"EA is excited to enter into a long-term relationship with Ludlum Entertainment, bringing the action, intrigue and intensity of Robert Ludlum's fiction to life for casual and core gamers around the globe."

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this. Starbreeze is awesome, but do they not only make FPSs? Would that mean a Bourne game being first person? Would be weird to use CQC in first person.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Starbreeze is awesome, therefore Starbreeze doing Bourne will be awesome. I don't really care about the perspective if it's good. Also, Starbreeze's "breakaway" game that landed them the Riddick contract was third person, so I wouldn't over-generalize.

Moved to the appropriate forum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/star...rne-game-for-ea

Starbreeze working on Bourne game for EA

"Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne is the most exciting action hero to emerge in decades, thrilling audiences around the world," said Mike Quigley, group VP of marketing for EA Games.

"EA is excited to enter into a long-term relationship with Ludlum Entertainment, bringing the action, intrigue and intensity of Robert Ludlum's fiction to life for casual and core gamers around the globe."

lol. It's like someone is crapping out of their mouth. I can't believe people get paid to write such drivel.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I have no idea who this Bourne character is but I can't say it bothers me one way or another, seeing as my only familiarity of Vin Diesel's Riddick came from Escape from Butcher Bay and it's one of my favorite games. Starbreeze is awesome. I would say that I was slightly disappointed with the Darkness on it's repetitiveness concerning battle sequences but it was still a lot of fun and pretty unique for the most part. One thing that they could improve on is....loading times!!

I am cautious/optimistic.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Bourne series are complete rubbish, the original stuff set during the cold war might have been ok but this terroristy modern drivel just bore me to tears. And the last film was close to unwatcheable, the guy who edited it must have had an epileptic seiszure or two a day at the very least.

Starbreeze's offices are located in my town. Everything they do turns into pure gold. PURE GOLD, I tell ya!

They're very nice people who are very good at what they do, but its a shame that they play it so safe all the time. I bet they could do something really interesting if they got the time and funding to brake out of the franchise-game trap.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They're very nice people who are very good at what they do, but its a shame that they play it so safe all the time. I bet they could do something really interesting if they got the time and funding to brake out of the franchise-game trap.

Yeah, and the horrible thing is that I took a computer games programming course here at the uni and they were guess lecturers at one point. So naturally I asked them what they'd do if they got free reigns (funding and time). They said "Post apocalyptic RPG in the Wasteland spirit"! I was like "PLEASE GOD LET A PLANE FILLED WITH MONEY CRASH ON THEIR OFFICES!!" but there is no god.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Am I the only one who thinks Riddick sucks? Okay, I only played the demo, but from what I've played it was really weak and uninspiring.

One of the only I've heard :shifty: I think you have to be into the universe, but I'd try to go back and play the whole game again, because it really drops you into the game and the storyline. It makes you care more about what's going on and you enjoy being in the prison and want to play more of the game. Granted, play more of the game to get out of the prison, but it was really enthralling, I could hardly put it down.

I'm playing Riddick right now, and it's quite great fun, despite my hatred of the movie and the actor.

Heja Sverige!!

I've hated him ever since I first saw him in Fast and Furious. I think he doesn't any charisma, he always comes across as a big lummox trying to be smart, and he has yet to appear in a movie I've enjoyed.

Heja Sverige!!

Where are these "really interesting" games you speak of? The last time I checked Butcher Bay did a number of novel things in the FPS genre despite being licensed. I don't see how companies making their own IPs should inherently result in a more or less interesting game. Execution is everything.

MOTHER OF GOD I am sorry for doubting Starbreeze. I just watched a few of the CQC videos of the new Riddick game and I was blown away!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45292.html

Jesus Christ at the number of counters and grappling moves! I have NO worries about Starbreeze working on a new Bourne game. Hell, even if it's in first person, I won't complain after watching that video. Best looking CQC FP EVER. Not to mention the graphics are insane.

P.S. I'm strapped on cash, and after watching more videos of AODA, I'm definatly buying that game over Killzone 2. Two games for the price one with a cool MP mode. I'm there.

Edited by Jason Bourne