Hardware Problem

Hello everyone!

Im having a bit of a problem with my KotOR's :ermm:.

Everytime I use some of the special powers something weird happens to my screen, like strange lines and stuff (i searched the forums and its related to the frame buffer effects option).

I read somewhere in the bioware forums that we could use the file (atioglxx.dll) of an older catalyst driver (7.11 seems to be the latest STABLE for kotors) and copy it to the directory of the game. I done that but the problem is, after that i can't get in to the game, it says that i need OpenGL 1.4 or higher :o .

I had the impression that catalyst 7.11 has opengl 2.1 installed, AND support for the HD38xx series aswell :o.

My System:

Motherboard -> MSI 865PE Neo-2 P series

BIOS -> 3.A (Latest)

Memory -> 2.5 Gb DDR

Graphics Card -> Sapphire Radeon HD3850 AGP 512MB GDDR3

Driver Installed -> ATi Catalyst 8.12 (AGP HotFix)

Sound Card -> Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Hard Disk -> 120Gb - 81.3 Free Space

OS -> Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (all updates)

DirectX -> DirectX 9.0c (November 2008)

I know that people say that this graphics card is crap and such, well i have it and it runs every other game fine (crysis, bioshock, neverwinter nights 2) with almost every setting on max and still get good FPS.

I posted my problem in the AMD forums, and apparently im not the only one that has this problem. All the people that has an ATi card gets this problem with the new drivers.

The only way for this problem to get fixed is to report it.

The higher the people that gets the issue, the higher the priority for the ati driver team to fix it :) .

So i ask you (the ones that have an ati card AND using the new drivers) to go to this forum topic i created (it reports the problem with more detail) and report the problem:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm...p;enterthread=y

Or you could just go directly to the Catalyst Crew Feedback:

http://support.ati.com/ics/survey/survey.a...86&type=web

It probably gets more impact if you do both, since there are a lot of ATi Drivers Beta Testers that reads the forum topics and comunicate with the ati team.

Its not hard and it doesnt take much time, so please do it. Thanks :(

Edited by DryRiver