The Music Thread

Gorth

lucid 3 - curious

a nz band i heard of briefly about 5 years ago and never thought of again - until the other day

went on an all night "substance" fueled adventure the other day, and sitting on the beach with a couple of friends as the sun came up in the morning listening to this was really really awesome

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Strange that these metal groups are all over the globe, there's even a Thrash Metal band from Botswana called Crackdust, and a South Korean Thrash Metal band called Crash. Hell, Amon Amarth, those guys are amazing and their from Sweden, Blood Tsunami is probably the most under-rated band and their from Norway, H.I.M. is a Finnish metal band, Sabbat is a Japanese metal band, Gamma Ray is German, and I could go on and on, yes I know, I'm like a Metal Wizard.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Strange that these metal groups are all over the globe, there's even a Thrash Metal band from Botswana called Crackdust, and a South Korean Thrash Metal band called Crash. Hell, Amon Amarth, those guys are amazing and their from Sweden, Blood Tsunami is probably the most under-rated band and their from Norway, H.I.M. is a Finnish metal band, Sabbat is a Japanese metal band, Gamma Ray is German, and I could go on and on, yes I know, I'm like a Metal Wizard.

I think Conception tops Blood Tsunami, I've yet to meet another person (in RL or online) who knows about Conception.

Oh, and Germany has more power metal bands than the rest of the world put together (slight exaggeration).

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I think Conception tops Blood Tsunami, I've yet to meet another person (in RL or online) who knows about Conception.

Oh, and Germany has more power metal bands than the rest of the world put together (slight exaggeration).

Thats true, if I were to name all them it'd take up an entire page probably. Conception is good, yes.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I put together this mix CD (all paid for) for the weekend just gone

1. Yumeji's theme - Umebayashi Shigeru

2. Knockin on Heaven's door - Antony and the Jonsons

3. Sweet Jane (live in Berlin) - Lou Reed

4. Rocket Dog - 7 Seconds of Love

5. Deus Ibi Est - Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan

6. Give it up - Lee Dorsey

7. Summertime - Sam Cooke

8. Prizefighter - Eels

9. W**k yer dog - The Highliners

10. Walk Like a Panther - All Seeing I

11. Salem Blues - Seasick Steve

Wondering what you chaps thought about the person who likely got it, and about my headstate.

Re-listening to this compilation. I made it for a certain lady, and although I've now admitted she's probably bad for me, I LOVE this compilation. It's one of the best I've ever put together. Really flows, and goes on a jourey at the same time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Songs Top 10

10. Beck

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

New Eden - Stagnant Progression

I love guitar-heavy American power/speed metal so much.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Eels - Fresh Blood

slow, lounge feeling, and sleazy with electronica. I really like this album.

-Elwood Blues

NOFX ~ Whats the Matter With Kids Today?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And this:

and every summer is a hot token

to the cold, cold take of lust.

and every autumn singes

with the business of sadness.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I love the Br00talness of Thrash Metal.

Death metal is more brutal than thrash.

I prefer interesting riffs, guitar solos, and good vocals, so I stick to power and prog metal.