The Music Thread

Gorth

Propagandhi - And We Thought That Nation States Were A Bad Idea

I can't stop listening to this.

Badass album and for the hockey fans:

Propagandhi ~ Resisting Tyrannical Government

Why don't we all strap bombs to our chests and ride our bikes to the next G-7 picnic? It seems easier with every clock tick. But whose will would that represent? Mine? Yours? The rank-and-file's? Or better yet: the Government's? But I don't want to catalyze or synthesize the second Final Solution. I don't want to be the Steve Smith of the Revolution. Do you see the analogy? We're the Oilers. The World Bank- the Flames! And just 2 minutes remain in the 7th game of the best of 7 series! Yeah, Jesus saves! Gretzky scores! The workers slave. The rich get more. One wrong move and we risk the cup. So play The Man, not the puck.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I forgot how good this is.

Sound quality is abysmal, and it's just some fan video, but that's to be expected.

I liked it. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXuGOCptSjs

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bauhaus - Stigmata Martyr

wth is murphy mumbling there where it's supposed to be latin? uuh, embarassing... would have been an outstanding song otherwise >_<

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

http://www.rathergood.com/rocket_dog

By Seven Seconds of Love. I always want to dance when I hear it. Fortunately for all that is good and holy I do not.

Much.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Beethoven's 9th, conducted by Von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Works great while working.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the Gummi Bears theme song

a friend and i got very drunk and were singing it at a bar the other night

we got a lot of strange looks :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Lee Morgan -- The Sidewinder (w/ Joe Henderson, Barry Harris, Bob Crenshaw, and Billy Higgins)

As a jazz fan, the most irritating thing about the transition from music on physical media to music on mp3 players (and the like) is that said devices and programs are not particularly good about providing full personnel information. Sometimes when I hear a track, I don't particularly care who the bandleader of that particular session was-- when one of the supporting performances jumps out at me, I want to know who that was. I was listening to this track on the way to work this morning, and I couldn't for the life of me remember who was playing tenor sax on this album.

Edited by Enoch

Beta Satan - Pray the Gay Away

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

After The Burial - Berzerker

Sounds like Dragonforce's "Through Fire and Flames" on crack, as in "lets play as many notes and as little melody as possible in a very fast manner" Should be listened to with the volume up to 11.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fields of the Nephilim - A concert bootleg form 1986. Man, they sounded different, still far from the perfection they reached by 1990, even if there were some songs from the first album... McCoy even talked between the songs :-

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy