The Witcher question

ramza

Hi everyone,

I have been playing TW EE lately and have noticed that some scenes that originally appeared in the gameplay videos have been cut out. For example, I remember a scene where Geralt, along with his fellow witchers, had to make a choice at Kaer Morhen whether to kill or spare the life of some king of spy. I do remember another scene where Geralt was talking to a halfling, who was giving him a quest and was telling him that he would tag along.

These scenes seem to have been completely removed from the game. Do you know why this has been done? I have made a search on google but it seems that no one has ever noticed this.

Here's one of the videos I am talking about:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What version of the game are you playing? The English language version of the original had some cut content. SOme of that was restored in the EE but maybe not all of it.

I played both the regular and EE versions of the game (ENglish l;anguage version) and don't remember either of the scenes you were describing. But perhaps I am simply not remembering them. I don't even remember halflings being in the game at all, tbch. But maybe my brain is melting down?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I believe the cut content was only the nudie cards and dialogue. I don't believe they cut out any quests or storylines.

not just the cards, most of the scenes involving women at night (shani, the princess and the mage mainly) forced a reskin of those characters because they had their breasts hanging out in the international version.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I own the enhanced edition of the game. I am 100% sure the scenes I mentioned are not in the game because I checked the guide that came with the game. Geralt does not return to Kaer Morhen in the game and there are no halflings to be found anywhere.

The video I linked is a preview video indeed and I had a lot of trouble finding it. Such videos were quite common prior to the game's release but they are quite rare today. They featured examples of choice and consequences within the game. One can see that the character models are somewhat different from those in the final game but I still expected to see those scenes (especially the one where you choose to kill or spare the spy). I guess the developpers changed their mind about some things and removed some stuff from the game... sigh...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

That's pretty much the way it is with every game, though... has been for ages. You've got a picture of modrons with The Nameless One in the areas beneath Lothar's house in the promo material for Torment, you've got those hidden/cut elven grove areas in BG2 that I'm certain I remember seeing in the lead-up to that game's release... heck, I even remember scouring the Mages Guild of Myth Drannor in that third Eye of the Beholder game based on nothing more than the screenshot on the back of the box that showed some sort of electrical golem -like creature, but which (according to every game guide ever released and my own investigations into the binaries of that game) doesn't actually appear anywhere in the game.

Cut content making its way into promo material is nothing new, I'm afraid. :shifty:

Don't forget the whole Neverwinter Nights lets you transfer over your Baldur's Gate character entire feature was cut.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, no feature at all is usually better than a broken one.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There is one but I didn't bother downloading it. The game works fine as it is...

by the way, is there a patch out for EE? if there is i'd like to patch it before starting a proper game.

A minor one. The blood effects were accidentally disabled and so the update simply fixes that.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

by the way, is there a patch out for EE? if there is i'd like to patch it before starting a proper game.

A minor one. The blood effects were accidentally disabled and so the update simply fixes that.

Could you please a link on where to get it? I can't seem to abled to find it via google.

Could you please a link on where to get it? I can't seem to abled to find it via google.

Here you go! :bat:

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/678.html

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hrm.

I sold my copy of the Witcher as I had finished most of the game and couldnt' bloody run it beyond 5fps on my old computer. Now I have a new one I've been meaning to get on EE, but uh... nobody in NZ has it in stock anymore. :/

I don't want stupid pointless programs cluttering up my computer. I disabled Live for FO3 as well. Also I don't have a credit card of my own at the moment, so it's a bit of a bother. Maybe I'll just buy second hand.

Ok, I can understand that (I disabled Liva as well, but i so have Steam as I play Valve games like Left 4 Dead). Just make sure you get an unregistered copy if you get the original version - you'll need to make a forum account with that code to activate the patch. However, you don't need to worry about that with an Enhanced Edition game. :thumbsup:

-Hurlshot

I don't want stupid pointless programs cluttering up my computer. I disabled Live for FO3 as well. Also I don't have a credit card of my own at the moment, so it's a bit of a bother. Maybe I'll just buy second hand.

Actually I've found steam to be quite unobtrusive. I think it's probably the best DRM scheme in the business. Mainly because theres a social networking aspect that you can add as well as the fact you don't have to keep the disks lying around for EVERY MUTHERF'KN format :p.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Here you go! :p

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/678.html

That patch is only for the US retail version. The European version and the downloaded patch version don't have that snag.

CDProjekt Red used to state that there would be no patches for the "final edition". Hope that statement holds out.

Obviously, anyone clicking that link would be aware that it's for the US only, but I had to comment since your post in the light of Lare's nick was so funny. :p

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds