BREAKING NEWS: RESIDENT EVIL 5 DEMO OUT

Llyranor

Meh. Dead Space plays better.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well, 5 min in, and Nick and me ran out of ammo, got cornered by zombies, and then got our faces eaten by them.

You can't move and shoot at the same time, but it feels as though it kind of fits the survival horror vibe the game is aiming for.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

You can't move and shoot at the same time, but it feels as though it kind of fits the survival horror vibe the game is aiming for.

what

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Okay, I finished the two missions included twice, one as each character, with Nick.

Scrounging for ammo while running away from zombies was great fun. You're not running around popping zombies in the head. Instead, you have to be careful about when you stop to aim your shoot, when you reload, when you run, etc. Can't do all those things on the fly. I can see how people will see the controls as a weakness, but I find they work really well for the game - it just took some getting used to.

There are 4 controls scheme. One is as in RE4. Left stick is walk, right stick is look. It's basically tank controls. The direction you press with the left stick is where you'll be heading, and right stick allows you to look around while doing that. The other scheme is more typical dual-analog controls. Left stick to move/strafe, right to aim. The 2 others mix things with the button around to make it feel more like a shooter (hold LT to aim and RT to shoot). Again, it takes getting used to, but I had no trouble finding one that works (well enough). I'm still undecided which of two modes I prefer.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Kind of fits seems to be the right way to put it, as it seems a big complaint is it has moved away from survival horror in lots of ways. More than 4, I have seen some say. Haven't tried the demo yet. Actually, I think I'll just leave it to playing the game when its out.

what

What? Have you played previous Resi games?

Why do the zombies stop right before hitting you? Takes out all the tension of having someone run up to you with an axe.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why do the zombies stop right before hitting you? Takes out all the tension of having someone run up to you with an axe.

Same as no moving and shooting at the same time - they are probably trying to make it feel like the earlier games. I don't think it is a good idea, having a survival horror game be scary because you can't turn around properly or move while shooting seems like a cop-out to me, but some people seem to like it.

Same as no moving and shooting at the same time - they are probably trying to make it feel like the earlier games. I don't think it is a good idea, having a survival horror game be scary because you can't turn around properly or move while shooting seems like a cop-out to me, but some people seem to like it.

There are two ways to do survival horror 'right:' In one you're a weakling surrounded by horrors you can barely understand, let alone combat. That's the Silent Hill approach. It emphasizes the vulnerability of the PC and maintaining atmosphere is the most important part of gameplay. In the second, you pack heavy arms and mow down horrors. That

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I downloaded the one from the Japanese marketplace last year. I was pretty excited, but it didn't slam me up against the wall and violate me in every way imaginable like RE4 did, instead I got groped and had my butt slapped.

I didn't complete the first scenario, being totally swamped with enemies, and it wasn't interesting enough to bother with more than twice. Second scenario was better, but chainsaw guy took so many bullets to kill it was just annoying.

I couldn't help but wonder how long Chris has been taking steroids. Dude was never that big.

AND THOSE BASTARDS REMOVED THE AWESOME INVENTORY SYSTEM!!1

Edited by Hell Kitty

what

What? Have you played previous Resi games?

Only RE2, and that was about 10 years ago, and i don't even remember this "feature". Deliberately hindering the player to shoot while running just makes less sense than Doom 3's "Can't use flashlight while holding a gun".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just actually played it - it feels and plays exactly like RE4. I like the hot keys on the D pad and its quicker healing your partner with the spray, just takes some time to get used to again. I can't say I came away with the feeling of playing a fresh game because every single aspect felt like RE4. Not sure if I'm really lookin forward to the frustrations of in tight gaming with restrictive controls. With that said, it feels a million times better than MGS4's controls do. God I hate those controls.