TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

All the best to your team Stoney. Like Insidious I find it odd that you've essentially been able to do in weeks what TG took years to do (little bit of KotOR there) BUT I'm not suggesting anything untoward, it just seems strange.

Anyway good luck with the bug-finding and fixing :grin:

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Already noted. They've cut corners somewhere, IMO. The question is as to where.

I somehow knew you would be our biggest critic, :bat:

That might be because I'm most KotOR modders' "biggest" critic.

but anyway ,I will say that what is or has been done has been done by the person or persons it's credited to. Now do we have cool stuff like the Atton lean animation? "no we don't" did we add the same amount of content? "No" the Genoheradan stuff is not added there may be some other content as well. Is it of the same Quality as TSLRP? who's to say until TG finishes and releases. We mean no dis-resrespect to anyone that has or is working on TSLRP without most of them none of this would be possible. We just wanted to have a more complete TSL.

Perhaps. But you've got this done a little too quickly IMO; as you and I know, there are no shortcuts.

And as you have said many times "If you don't like TSLRP's progress make your own"! So you could say we just took your advice :thumbsup:

Indeed I have - trust you to take me up on it.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

All the best to your team Stoney. Like Insidious I find it odd that you've essentially been able to do in weeks what TG took years to do (little bit of KotOR there) BUT I'm not suggesting anything untoward, it just seems strange.

Anyway good luck with the bug-finding and fixing :thumbsup:

I fully understand your concerns, as I'm sure many others have. I would attribute the "fast" progress to many things the main one being not having to hunt for content (what was cut)as all of that had already been done. Also a big chunk of Narshadaa had been done by a very talented guy ,SWfan28 and Zbyl as to when this was compled I don't know,it could have been made 2 years ago. So of course that was a big timesaver as well as some other content he did as well as jinger letting us have his enclave mod.

The other thing is we are not so much as trying to "fix" the entire game as we are adding content so it makes sense and not break anything. (we are trying to fix broken stuff as we go).

Another big thing Zbyl and I work well together(so far) there have been no arguments about how something is added or how a scene should go. There are also some other factors such as there are alot more rescources of all kinds of modding information availble now that wasn't around years ago.

banner.gif

that was a big timesaver as well as some other content he did as well as jinger letting us have his enclave mod.
I'll be glad to see it as part of a larger whole :o

For those who wish to take a look at that little bit, here's a couple of vids, I hope you like'em.

They've been on YouTube for a while now, but here it is: SPOILER WARNING

I have been waiting for this mod for four years, when I just joined I was 13, I'm eighteen now . ;)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I have been waiting for this mod for four years, when I just joined I was 13, I'm eighteen now . :down:

Oh you poor thing, I feel SOOOOOO sorry for you ;)

You better be, think about all the old people that has died waiting in vain due them NOT having the luxury to wait 'til it is done.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

LoL Darth Windu look at it this way. People wont complain about your mod since they know it wont get done by the time the other one is. So you wont have to defend your team for its procrastination anymore. :ermm:

It's not 'my mod' nor is it 'my team'. I'm a beta tester for the mod, nothing more nothing less.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I haven't played KoTOR I or II in a long long time, in a galaxy far away. :p So, I'm very much looking forward to reinstalling both games and giving them a playthrough (or three) when either restoration project is finished. :p

I've always been patient for games taking long periods of time when actual work was being done on them. Heck I've even been patient for Duke Nukem Forever. Its only stuff like the premium module MoW being delayed for DRM that irks me to no end.

Silverfox's Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge and SithSpectre's Revan Animated Cape mods are reasons enough to reinstall KotOR. Seriously good stuff.

To all the people complaining about time delays etc, think of the last Guns N' Roses record! Fans waiting over a decade died waiting for that to come out and the ones who were around to listen to it, probably wish it never came out in the first place! Silly metalheads! :)

Silveredge9's Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge and SithSpectre's Revan Animated Cape mods are reasons enough to reinstall KotOR. Seriously good stuff.

Fixed. :)

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to wonder if any work's still being done on this mod :(

Any word at all from the beta team or the people in charge? How's this Mod going?

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

You could always check up on TG's forums and hassle people over there. My guess is that not much has happened though and I expect a message/announcement along the lines of 'boohoo, here's a beta we won't bother completing, there's another mod by another team now, so leave us alone' not being too far off.

Edited by refuse

• 3 weeks later...

In my country there were one thing, that was built freaking long time. It's called сommunism. People were fed up with 'when it's done' for 75 years. Everybody thought, that it would be done in 1980, but in 1980 there were no communism, there were freaking ollympics in Moscow. And what people of USSR do? They killed it quickly, roughly and fully. Think about it. :lol:

In my country there were one thing, that was built freaking long time. It's called сommunism. People were fed up with 'when it's done' for 75 years. Everybody thought, that it would be done in 1980, but in 1980 there were no communism, there were freaking ollympics in Moscow. And what people of USSR do? They killed it quickly, roughly and fully. Think about it. :lol:

...and after the thing called communism ended you decided to adopt another horrible thing called capitalism that has created great social imballances, that has essentially brought back a type of oligarchy of a few privileged on top, that communism sought to eradicate in the first place. Full circle, eh? :shifty:

Glad to read that Dashus is STILL committed to getting this Mod completed.... :lol:

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5400

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I just don't understand what was so hard about posting that, for months i was trying to contact Dashus about the project and never got an answer, if the only person left on the project had not been heard of for months it is only natural for ppl to think that the project is dead or very close to it.

1.0b10 and 1.0b11 are in almost perfect condition with the only real flaw being the HK Factory, i just do not understand why he would hold a year old build from release when it is more then ready to be released as is, and even worse not communicating with the community and even with the testers.

I figured that the only way to get dashus attention was threatening to release the mod unless he posted, i figured that if he did not respond it would mean that the project was truly dead, at that point i would have probably released the latest build.

Obviously he does look at the forums because he responded to the thread the very next day, which means that he is just ignoring the community despite the fact that the only thing they wanted was to hear from him.

Edited by Denny3650

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

Actually, Dash only responded because KB contacted him at my request. If you read what he wrote, he hasn't been paying attention to the forums at all, since there has been nothing but negativity emanating from there for a long time now.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Negativity that could have been resolved with the post he made today

I was just letting ppl know that they do not need to loose hope, there would still be someone who would release it in the likehood that the project would die.

I was not going to release it until i knew for sure that the project was dead, which is why i made that thread to see if dashus would respond.

trust me i do not want this project to fail anymore then you do, but i wanted the community to know that even if it was to die it would be released one way or another.

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

I registered just to post this but I think the latest news is pretty much the end for me. I checked up on the project for years now and made a habbit of dropping in every few months to see how it's going for them, several times I though it was more or less dead but they always pulled something that convinced me otherwise. New uppdates, changed version number or something like that after we heard nothing for months. When they pushed it up to almost the finnished version I thought we would finnally get to see something but apparently that's not how it is. He admit in his post he have not written a single line of code in two months and also say he has no idea when he will only that he will.

After a message like that claiming the restoration project is alive seems to me as if someone where to claim the Return to Windspear mod for BG2 is aive despite the fact that everyone involved has also admited they are not working on it, only differnce is that here they are not admiting yet they have no desire to work on it as well.

I don't think he really owe us anything but for them to continue to claim the project is alive and well after all this time, especially if it's been almost done for over a year and they done little progress since then... well I wouldn't call it lies but it obviously seems false to me. A project that isn't worked on isn't alive and this time I don't think anything before the accual release will convince me otherwise. Now there is a chance Dashus might one day get his interest back and complete it but waiting around for that to happen and claim the whole thing is alive in the process doesn't seem worth it to me.

I heard there is another project that is trying to do the same thing though so hopefully those people will have more luck. I still hope to be able to play a restored version of Kotor II one day since it's one of my all time favorite games yet right now I wouldn't bet on it. ^^

[edit] Another thought is that while they owe us nothing as long as they give us nothing (including uppdates or the like) they should expect nothing back, including a positive attitude.

Edited by Sasie