TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

• 2 weeks later...

Nah

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So it is any nearer to release than it was say 4 years ago?

Yes. One more beta-build until public release.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

So it is any nearer to release than it was say 4 years ago?

The real question is how many people still care.

I have offered TG repeatedly via private message to give them a free coder to work full time on the mod, but they ignored me each time. They don't want help and they don't want the attention to end.

Stop threatning to make a restoration project of your own and make one, dammit!

You promised us to work on it already by now... guess you're word isn't worth much?

Exactly my thoughts. Where's that crack commando team of professional programmers you hired? Have they not reversed-engineered the leaked beta yet?

As a matter of fact I made several attempts to do this very thing and here is what happened.

1. Team Gizka like usual ignored me.

2. Another competing team is also making a restoration, (and according to the head of that group a superior one at that) and asked me if my offer for support was still on the table. I said it was and started to get in contact with my friend who is also my best programmer. I was in the middle of putting the two together when the head of this second team told me not to bother since it was someone on my pay roll. I asked what the problem was and got vague statements about the wrongness of using paid help, lest the mod not be finished and I would have wasted my money. I told said group leader that I did not care and I would pay and contribute whatever it took, money or otherwise, as long as the mod was out before Team Gizka's and out by end of summer. If the project fell apart for whatever reason I would not care much nor harbor and hard feelings. Stuff happens after all.

All I got back was another refusal.

3. I went to some modders and tried to put another team together of my own but the consensus on the Sith Lords is "Old hat" and no one wants to do it.

So what can I say? I should not have made the promise, but I did try and only got:

Group a.) Silence

Group b.) Lack of desire

Group c:) Total indifference

At this point I have washed my hands of it and no longer give a crap if this mod ever comes out. Anyone associated with this game seems to have some sort of neurological disorder that prevents them from finishing it in a timely manner or accepting competent help. I suspect that no one is particularly interested in finishing it and, in moments of pique and anger of the retail versions lack of content yelled they would finish it, and when push came to shove discovered they were not up for the task.

So I do apologize for flapping my mouth about finishing it but like I said I did try...hard, but the feet dragging and lack of motivation/follow through was certainly not on my end.

Edited by Foamhead

So I do apologize for flapping my mouth about finishing it but like I said I did try...hard, but the feet dragging and lack of motivation/follow through was certainly not on my end.

Apologize for what? You cannot control how fast or slow the game ages. Team-Gizka has been working hard on the fixes, tweaks, and add-ons, but they also cannot control the progression of time. Even though I come here to check out the mod's progress, I do not have the same vision as I once did. After watching the trailer for SW:TOR, I pretty much counted this mod as being dead on arrival. SW:TOR has already changed the original story, which Obsidian originally created for the third game. Anything that is added by this mod has already been written out of history, so it no longer has any type of significance to the overall story. Its similar to writting Star Wars Expanded universe novels. George knows that they are there, but the story is owned and sold by him. BioWare was destined to write for this franchise. Obsidian should be respected for their work, but BioWare was responsible for most of the game elements they used. If you think about how the story is being played out, the events in "KotOR II" were not much of an importance. Revan and Exile made it to the Outer Rim, but they were only able to slow the onslaught. Anything that Team-Gizka adds back into the game is not important, for BioWare is designing their story as if TSL never happened. Since the finished game was a mess, I do not see how it's story could have been salvaged.

I would not loose sleep over this mod. It will arrive when it arrives. Its not important now.

The End

Anything that Team-Gizka adds back into the game is not important, for BioWare is designing their story as if TSL never happened. Since the finished game was a mess, I do not see how it's story could have been salvaged.

Um, no they aren't :deadhorse:

There is absolutely nothing which suggest that TSL's story will be ignored, on the contrary, the enemy comes right out of TSL, it didn't really exist before that game.

Apart from that, did it ever matter?

No matter how fast this mod would have been done, in the end, all the cut content wouldn't have mattered. If LucasArts had decided to make KOTOR III instead of TOR, they still would have used the version of KOTOR II which has been sold, the cut content would have remained cut content. The only way things could have been differently, is if LucasArts had decided not to continue the series at all. And even that is only true in the eyes of the fans, officially nothing would have changed.

So what can I say? I should not have made the promise, but I did try and only got:

Group a.) Silence

Group b.) Lack of desire

...So I do apologize for flapping my mouth about finishing it but like I said I did try...hard, but the feet dragging and lack of motivation/follow through was certainly not on my end.

lol gee, THIS wasn't expected at all! As we all knew you're just full of hot air (to be polite).

DSLuke - very much so. TSLRP is in a releasable condition, but there's a big difference between something being releasable, and something being in a condition so that it should be released. The project needs more polish before TG will release it, but it is getting there.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Group a.) Silence

Group b.) Lack of desire

...So I do apologize for flapping my mouth about finishing it but like I said I did try...hard, but the feet dragging and lack of motivation/follow through was certainly not on my end.

lol gee, THIS wasn't expected at all! As we all knew you're just full of hot air (to be polite).

DSLuke - very much so. TSLRP is in a releasable condition, but there's a big difference between something being releasable, and something being in a condition so that it should be released. The project needs more polish before TG will release it, but it is getting there.

You don't know anything about me buddy and I don't promise anything I don't try my damnedest to deliver on. The difference is I worked and said nothing, unlike team Gizka who does the exact opposite. And frankly as the risk of getting banned I have to say that I find you an obnoxious loud mouth to put it mildly. This must be the only source of self worth for you in the whole universe, isn't it? Being on a beta team of a five year old mod for a five year old game that hardly anyone cares about anymore, then mouthing off online to anyone who is critical of the team who's boots you lick clean. You must be a total and utter loser in your real life. Nothing you can say is going to make me feel bad and your mockery only belays how much of a non-life you must have for this stupid game to mean so much to you.

I tried very hard to get people together but no one else is willing to do any work because much like yourself they are all mouth. What the hell else am I supposed to do?

Anyone associated with this game seems to have some sort of neurological disorder that prevents them from finishing it in a timely manner or accepting competent help.

I laughed.. :lol:

-

Any way, this thread isn't for intimidating or trolling, so everyone please cool off a bit..

Fortune favors the bald.

Any way, this thread isn't for intimidating or trolling, so everyone please cool off a bit..
That's pretty much all there is to this mod anymore. If you take that away too...

tumbleweed.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't promise anything I don't try my damnedest to deliver on. The difference is I worked and said nothing, unlike team Gizka who does the exact opposite

Do you reallllllly want me to quote every time you claimed that you were awesome and had a crack team of developers who would complete the mod?

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I don't promise anything I don't try my damnedest to deliver on. The difference is I worked and said nothing, unlike team Gizka who does the exact opposite

Do you reallllllly want me to quote every time you claimed that you were awesome and had a crack team of developers who would complete the mod?

::Edit::

Scratch that, how does this sound: You show me where I ever stated that I had a "crack team of programmers" and I will buy the first ten people who send me a private message a copy of Alpha Protocol.

I apologized, I meant it and explained what happened and I am through trading barbs with an emotional four year old.

Edited by Foamhead

Now that is kind of an interesting comment, seeing how you whined and complained about Team Gizka almost everytime you came in here.

Read: you are pretty much the last one who should accuse someone of being childish.

Edited by Dark Wastl

Are you two ladies done fighting? Or do you really want to get banned?

Personally I just want to get the mod done, but there's nothing I can do about it, so why bother whining? :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I was checking out the Kreia dialog file in TSL and noticed that there's some cut content in there - when you learn the lesson of skills from her, she's supposed to tell you to go practice your skills if you are on the Ebon Hawk. So if it's the Treat Injury skill, she will tell you to heal everybody on Ebon Hawk, if Demolitions, she will tell you to put some mines around the Ebon Hawk hyperdrive. I wonder if Team Gizka will restore this stuff?

Edited by WRFan

I was checking out the Kreia dialog file in TSL and noticed that there's some cut content in there - when you learn the lesson of skills from her, she's supposed to tell you to go practice your skills if you are on the Ebon Hawk. So if it's the Treat Injury skill, she will tell you to heal everybody on Ebon Hawk, if Demolitions, she will tell you to put some mines around the Ebon Hawk hyperdrive. I wonder if Team Gizka will restore this stuff?
I haven't encountered it in TSLRP, so I don't think so.

if you want to check out the Droid Factory in TSLRP, execute the following script (you can link it to some friendly force power in k_inc_force.ncs for example):

StartNewModule("299TEL");

Yeah yeah, I know, we are not supposed to use the leaked beta, but I got sick and tired of waiting, so I catapulted myself right into the module just to check it out. Very interesting. The HK50 interrogation techniques are funny, I rofled my ass off

Already noted. They've cut corners somewhere, IMO. The question is as to where.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Already noted. They've cut corners somewhere, IMO. The question is as to where.

I somehow knew you would be our biggest critic, :bat: but anyway ,I will say that what is or has been done has been done by the person or persons it's credited to. Now do we have cool stuff like the Atton lean animation? "no we don't" did we add the same amount of content? "No" the Genoheradan stuff is not added there may be some other content as well. Is it of the same Quality as TSLRP? who's to say until TG finishes and releases. We mean no dis-resrespect to anyone that has or is working on TSLRP without most of them none of this would be possible. We just wanted to have a more complete TSL. And as you have said many times "If you don't like TSLRP's progress make your own"! So you could say we just took your advice >_<

banner.gif