TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

LOL. Daikatana and TSL. Classic!

Heh, at this rate TSL could come out with three additional party members, Hiro, Mikiko and Superfly!

Well I'm not one to speak for the team, but maybe some fresh and new blood would put some more life into the project, and take some weight off of Dashus and the others' shoulders? :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Yeah, I'm of the same opinion, particularly since there a lot more experienced modders out there than there were 4 years ago. I suppose it might be an issue of trust though. They did kinda get burned with the beta leak.

I'm not sure what Dashus intends at this point, but in the past, it was intended that after the first public release, someone else would take over and support a patch. Public release is two builds away, so we'll see what happens after that.

I found this in place of the current build:

Warning: file(TSLRP/version) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tslrp/www_root/announce.html on line 7

is it something bad or just a minor error?

Just your average neighborhood lurker

So, is this vaporware or not?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

:rolleyes:

Please, don't confuse us betas with the team. None of us have actually done any real work on the mod.

I'd also like to ask if you've got any proof that that's genuine. There's more than a few people* silly enough out there to fake something like that, unfortunately.

EDIT: If this is legit, I suppose I should point out for those that aren't going to read carefully (and there are always a few) that this is a supposed log from prior to the original beta leak at 1.0b8.

*Hello, Jay Little/darkgamorck. Yes, we know and frankly, it's old news, and your moment in the spotlight is over. Like Bob Geldof, you are fast becoming irrelevant. Don't embarrass yourself with another puffed-up appearance, please. For your own sake.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Please, don't confuse us betas with the team. None of us have actually done any real work on the mod.

Except, you know, pinpointing bugs and telling Dashus & Co. what is broken. You are a part of the team, and if you aren't treated as such then Dashus is a gigantic ****.

I'd also like to ask if you've got any proof that that's genuine. There's more than a few people* silly enough out there to fake something like that, unfortunately.

It's too ridiculous not to be true, and nicely explains DW's fanaticism.

20795.jpg

:)

EDIT: If this is legit, I suppose I should point out for those that aren't going to read carefully (and there are always a few) that this is a supposed log from prior to the original beta leak at 1.0b8.

*Hello, Jay Little/darkgamorck. Yes, we know and frankly, it's old news, and your moment in the spotlight is over. Like Bob Geldof, you are fast becoming irrelevant. Don't embarrass yourself with another puffed-up appearance, please. For your own sake.

Its legit unfortunately, only beta tester's know that in order to download the mod you have to input 2 diffrent passcodes, the download link was also never made public by the team which means it really had to be Darth Windu

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

:)

Its legit unfortunately, only beta tester's know that in order to download the mod you have to input 2 diffrent passcodes, the download link was also never made public by the team which means it really had to be Darth Windu

That would not be hard to find out, and even should the codes turn out to be legitimate, we've proven that someone got legit codes, which we knew already - not that DW did it. It wouldn't require that much for the person who sprung the leak, or an associate, to fake it. And given how much our leaking friend disliked/loathed DW, it wouldn't surprise me greatly. That, however, is pure speculation.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

[quote name='H

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The passcodes are diffrent everytime, and it can only be generated by Dashus

Also another thing Darth InSidious is that Darth Windu never denied it, instead we haven't heard from him since the yahoo chat log was posted

It would have been a diffrent story if the mod was never leaked, but someone had to leak it, and this seems like the most credible (actually the only) explanation on how it was leaked.

Im not blaming Darth Windu this could have happened to anyone, i do feel bad however for the beta testers who were taken of the team when they didn't have anything to do with it.

Let's try this again...

The passcodes are diffrent everytime, and it can only be generated by Dashus

Denny, either you're being a patronising git, or you seem to have forgotten that I am also a beta and know this **** already.

First, everyone used the same code before the leak, and so, as I said, what has been proven is that someone got hold of the code. And we knew that already.

Also another thing Darth InSidious is that Darth Windu never denied it, instead we haven't heard from him since the yahoo chat log was posted

No? That chat log was posted yesterday. It's fairly normal to go without hearing from people for a day, and as I recall, DW was rather busy accusing darkgamorck at the time. Perhaps you'd like to start thinking rationally.

We also haven't heard, in that time, from Miltiades. Shocking plot twist!

It would have been a diffrent story if the mod was never leaked, but someone had to leak it, and this seems like the most credible (actually the only) explanation on how it was leaked.

That it is the only explanation to have presented itself does not make it the right one, and it is too convenient and too neat to be swallowed whole without some kind of closer look at the details.

Im not blaming Darth Windu this could have happened to anyone, i do feel bad however for the beta testers who were taken of the team when they didn't have anything to do with it.

No, it couldn't.

Until I get a chance to talk with Dashus, Darth Windu and some of the others, I'm seriously unconvinced by this. It looks too fake.

Edited by Darth InSidious

I was replying to scarlettguard about the passcodes, and i know your a beta tester

Also how can someone have gotten the 2 passcodes + the link if not leaked by someone in the team?

The yahoo chat log was posted sometime ago on the team-gizka forums: http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php...u&start=480

Check Darth Windu's posts on team-gizka and you will see that he has only posted about 3 times after Match 31st,

There was also that PM darth windu sent to all the beta tester's saying that someone was trying to pass as april to try to get a copy of the build

Edited by Denny3650

Im not blaming Darth Windu this could have happened to anyone...

Only if that person had no knowledge of “social engineering” because it was fairly obvious that that is what was going on. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Guest PoziomyPion

So is it like lots of innocent people were kicked out of Team-Gizka's project and the only one that left was the one that leaked TSLRP's beta?

Flippin' hell thats hilarious!

I'm looking forward for more drama, but I'm not exciting myself too much. Nothing can top that April "girl". Even the name is kinda hilarious.

1zd67usjpg.gif

Edited by PoziomyPion

So is it like lots of innocent people were kicked out of Team-Gizka's project and the only one that left was the one that leaked TSLRP's beta?

Flippin' hell thats hilarious!

I'm looking forward for more drama, but I'm not exciting myself too much. Nothing can top that April "girl". Even the name is kinda hilarious.

1zd67usjpg.gif

There was an April on the original beta team.