TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

There are two (2) builds remaining until public release.

1.0b11 will be released in the coming days to the beta testers and is considered Release Candidate 1.

1.0b12 will be then be released as RC2.

1.0c1 will be released publicly when all Block, Crash and Major bugs have been resolved from 1.0b12.

Tracking 1094 known issues

O= Open R=Resolved

Severity: O: R:

Block 0 7

Crash 1 9

Major 5 80

Minor 43 257

Tweak 2 169

Text 22 166

Trivial 11 205

Feature 12 105

Total 84 893

Last activity: WIP 19: April 4, 2009

This is the status of the project... :ermm: They must really love K2! ^^

I found this and installed it: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=25390 (Released: Apr 07, 2009)

Will there be some problems applying the TSL RP patch on top of this or do this patch fix the bugs etc?

I would suspect that it might conflict but seeing as we do not know when TSLRP is going to be done I would suggest you go ahead and try 1.0c patch if you want to (although I'm not sure if this is the same patch that stole a bunch of fixes from other sites, if so I would not use it for that reason).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would suspect that it might conflict but seeing as we do not know when TSLRP is going to be done I would suggest you go ahead and try 1.0c patch if you want to (although I'm not sure if this is the same patch that stole a bunch of fixes from other sites, if so I would not use it for that reason).

Yup. It's by the same person.

Not only is it the same old patch full of "stolen" work, it will definitely conflict with TSLRP when it is released.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Not only is it the same old patch full of "stolen" work, it will definitely conflict with TSLRP when it is released.

Can you expand on this 'stolen' aspect? Are you talking about the files, which are already available to the public both online and on the cds? -or, are you talking about something else? I do not think anyone should be accusing anyone else with stealing.

If you are going to make such a statement, do not forget that Team-Gizka originaly stole the files. :)o:) Lets not go in that direction.

Edit- Added:

Nevermind, I did not translate your post correctly.

Edited by MacCorp

The End

It seems that in the past month or so that some other modders have decided they've given up waiting for TSLRP to come out as they've come up with their own restorations. Dantooine (including the now infamous Kaevee) has been restored including new voiceovers - which appear to be superior to TSLRP's voiceovers. I've seen a few dialogue mods from new folks as well. In addition, I've seen a resurgence of beautification mods that seems to differ than the usual "Let's make a new lightsaber" or "Let's re-skin some Mandalorians (yet again)."

I don't think this is something that happened in the past month or whatever. There have been many restoration mods and projects over the years, of varying depth and quality (many broke up since it's hard to coordinate large groups of modders). It's probably more to do with there being a greater number of experienced modders now than before that are able to tackle complex mods, apart from reskinning Mandalorians and editing .utis. I mean yeah, TSLRP looks essential for TSL, but I'm equally anticipating the new Brotherhood of Shadow mod for KotOR. Some of these graphics 'improvement' mods do look stunning indeed.

I don't think this is something that happened in the past month or whatever. There have been many restoration mods and projects over the years, of varying depth and quality (many broke up since it's hard to coordinate large groups of modders). It's probably more to do with there being a greater number of experienced modders now than before that are able to tackle complex mods, apart from reskinning Mandalorians and editing .utis. I mean yeah, TSLRP looks essential for TSL, but I'm equally anticipating the new Brotherhood of Shadow mod for KotOR. Some of these graphics 'improvement' mods do look stunning indeed.

There certainly is some truth to your observation of a greater number of experienced modders out there now. The fact that these mods are coming out at such a great frequency could make one wonder why TSLRP has taken so long to complete. We'll have to see if there are any bugs or conflicts when these new mods are used all at the same time.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge is definitely looking promising - though that one is for KoTOR1. Of the graphical enhancements, I personally like Sharen Thrawn's Nar Shaddaa skybox and the upcoming skybox for the Telos Polar Plateau by Drewton.

I'm sure there have been many accounts and opinion on the delays regarding TSLRP before, but it probably comes down to enthusiasm going down a couple notches after working on the same thing for all those years. The scope of the project as well is still a lot more in-depth and extensive than a lot of the other available restoration mods, so in a sense it will be more 'complete'. A lot of time/effort I pressume would have went into figuring out a lot of the skills that are now taken for granted, or for which there are a number of tutorials now. So basically, if say TG started their TSLRP based on what knowledge exists now, it would probably take less time.

Just by way of example, when T-G first started working on TSLRP, one of the things no one knew how to do was how to get any custom animations into the game. Unfortunately, one of the convo scenes in the restored content required Atton to lean on a wall, for which no animation existed. A custom one was created and successfully imported into the mod. While that alone didn't take that long to really figure out, it was one of the many "learning as you go" moments during this mod's development.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

A custom one was created and successfully imported into the mod. While that alone didn't take that long to really figure out, it was one of the many "learning as you go" moments during this mod's development.

Who was the person that created that animation, by the way?

I haven't followed any updates on this project for a while. Is it nearing completion?

Looks like it's the final stage. 1.0b11 build was recently released, which means only one (1.0b12) is left till the public release (build 1.0c1). Dashus is working now on fixing all the game serious (game-crashing) bugs that prevent the mod from being released

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Looks like it's the final stage. 1.0b11 build was recently released, which means only one (1.0b12) is left till the public release (build 1.0c1). Dashus is working now on fixing all the game serious (game-crashing) bugs that prevent the mod from being released

That's great news. :)

Having just released a fairly big mod for Neverwinter Nights (an enormous desert city tileset, to be precise), I understand that it can be a pain when one gets near the end and more issues crop up. Because one has been working on the project for so long, one doesn't want to release it with bugs - yet there's another part of one that thinks "feck it: I want to get this thing out of the door and resume a normal life, final bugs be damned!" People who aren't part of the project nagging one for progress or thinking they understand the task when they haven't worked on it can be a pain too. That's why I've avoided posting here until now: I didn't want to be bothering you! I mean, it's really easy to come across that way, even when one doesn't mean to do so. Anyway, all I really have to say is that I think you're all great for putting so much work into the mod and, both for my sake and yours, I look forward to the release of the mod! :)

I haven't followed any updates on this project for a while. Is it nearing completion?

They should probably just call it Team-Dashus at this point. Sad most the team has quit on him.

Edited by Lidda-Bit

They should probably just call it Team-Dashus at this point. Sad most the team has quit on him.

I knew that Aurora left the team two years ago, but what about the others? Who's still working on the project apart from Dashus?

I knew that Aurora left the team two years ago, but what about the others? Who's still working on the project apart from Dashus?

Savvy30039 is still around, I'm pretty sure JdNoa and Tupac Amaru are also still working on squishing bugs. Beyond that, everyone else is gone, AFAIK.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg