TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

The old topic was bigger than a rancor and just as deadly - don't ask me how, I'm not a scientist. Here's a new one, complete with questions so that ya'll don't need to ask them daily just in case the answer has changed.

Look, it's our website!

Much is repeated from our official FAQ.

Q: Do I have to read this thread's FAQ before posting? Because I'm sure I can post something that isn't covered in it.

A: Yes.

Q: When will this mod be done?

A: We don't have a projected time of completion yet. However, rest assured that we will keep you updated on our progress. You can check our Work In Progress page for details on what we're currently up to. What we're up to, module-related. We're not giving details on what we do every single hour of the day, and seriously, quit talking about your pet moths, it's creepy.

Q: I see a build version listed on the website. Where can I download it?

A: We haven't released a public version of the mod yet. This number serves to help track our progress - we have one beta tester who is working with us right now. The downloadable version will be announced when finished.

Q: Will you add ____ ?!

A: Our focus is on restoring the missing content that Obsidian Entertainment originally intended for the game. We will add content as we see necessary to make the plot work, but we are not adding random new sub-plots.

We will be revealing more details about our restoration efforts in future progress reports, but if you would like to know whether or not we already have plans to work on a specific restoration, feel free to ask us in our forums.

Q: Yeah, but will you add difficulty tweaks? Or new items?

A: No.

Q: Are you fixing game bugs?

A: We have found and fixed a few dialogue and scripting related bugs. Check it out. The "tweaks" will not be included in the mod, but the bug fixes will.

Q: Will your mod work with existing savegames?

A: Probably. We recommend starting over totally or, at the latest, before leaving Peragus just to avoid any potential weirdness. Even if your saved game from later doesn't end up buggy, you're going to miss additional content - the earliest of it appears quite soon after Peragus explodes.

Really, just start over. Maybe we put in an easter egg with Sion playing with kittens and you'll never see it if you don't start a new game.

Q: I have the XBox version of the game and a (legally) modded XBox - will your mod work on it?

A: At this point we're unsure. There are reports that new model files (.mdl's) - which the mod will likely contain - do not work on the XBox. After our work is completed we may look into creating a more fully compatible version for the XBox.

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Oh, but hey, you might want to check out the group that IS working on M4-78.

Q: How can I help? Can I join the team?

A: At this time, we don't need any additional help. If we have any future needs, we'll make an announcement. Thanks for the interest. But seriously, moths.

Q: Pleaaaaaaaaase can I help?

A: Okay, okay. We're looking for beta testers. Check out the long list of requirements here. In short:

BE: Literate. Articulate. Able to take screenshots. Uh... having lots of free time.

DON'T BE: A jerk.

Q: I feel like bashing LucasArts. This is the right thread for it, right?

A: No.

Q: I'm looking forward to your mod still.

A: Thanks!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Somebody, like, PM me when it's done.

Will o-ke-ly-do-ke-ly-doo! :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is there anyone who's going to try the leaked beta version, and then report a taste of the new features here?

Uh, if you want to know what's being restored, you can always look in the Team Gizka forums. Everything that's being restored is listed there. Here's the link.

Edited by Lord Miltiades

Is there anyone who's going to try the leaked beta version, and then report a taste of the new features here?

Uh, if you want to know what's being restored, you can always look in the Team Gizka forums. Everything that's being restored is listed there. Here's the link.

I think what he's asking for is a review in advance. First impressions, so to speak.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think what he's asking for is a review in advance. First impressions, so to speak.

The Closed Beta Testers have their own sub-section in the Gizka Forums, in which they can post their impressions. You can view them here. In my case, I think I've done a reasonable job of handling most of what is new in TSLRP. That's for you guys to judge, of course.

Edited by Lord Miltiades

It has come to my attention that someone recently posted a Rapidshare link here to something they claimed was a public release of 1.0b11 build of the mod. Just in case anyone was wondering, it is not the 1.0b11 build at all, but is actually the old broken 1.0b8 leak from months ago. There has been no new leak and the mod has not been released (yet).

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

1.0b8 is playable enough, if you know the workaround for all known issues (alot of them now posted on Mantis; like the HK-blackscreen, press 1 at Telos, exiting the HK-factory, the 2 crash/block issues on Nar Shaddaa).

Should help pass the time till TG finishes.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

73 issues now, and four have been resolved since december the 4th. Get to work already!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh, i get it. There has been so much progress that team-gizka has leap-frogged from the space-time dimension as we know it, and entered the 11th dimension instead. There, the very laws of physics sease to exist and the only way to move forward is to work in inverse instead. More issues, closer to release!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Oh I remember the good old days when were were down on 9 >_< or something :p

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I vote for the abandonment of this thread until something tangible is posted. Publicly, I believe its hard to tell what is considered progress and what is considered back stepping. I don't think progress is measured by stacking up more bugs. I call that counter productive. "Yes, we fixed a bug! No, twelve more have shown up." I don't think this mod will be stable in any form. If you take into consideration that there are thousands of fans, there is no way for an amateur team of modders to get every possible bug fixed. It shows. Since they haven't stepped into a digital media classroom, I'm willing to bet there are things missing in the whole process. Its impossible to find other errors, which they don't even know are there. They don't have the knowledge or understanding to know the unseen. Even though they may be able to get alot fixed, they will never see the core issues that will pop up.

Edited by Marcus

I vote for the abandonment of this thread until something tangible is posted.
Feel free. You know that until you showed up, people hadn't written here for four days? :blink:

Totally! ha-HA!

In any case, I'm guessing that at some point (I estimate/hope by the end of this year) the team might throw the towel in and release their latest beta build as-is, with the intention of allowing others to patch it up, since some bugs seem to be virtually untreatable, considering their limited resources in time and tools.

I vote for the abandonment of this thread until something tangible is posted.

Whaaa.... Whaaa... Whaaa... Please, stop your whining about the project. Yes, you don't like it. We get that. You do not have to shove that knowledge up our ear-canals with every post you make. :blink:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I vote for the abandonment of this thread until something tangible is posted. Publicly, I believe its hard to tell what is considered progress and what is considered back stepping. I don't think progress is measured by stacking up more bugs. I call that counter productive. "Yes, we fixed a bug! No, twelve more have shown up." I don't think this mod will be stable in any form. If you take into consideration that there are thousands of fans, there is no way for an amateur team of modders to get every possible bug fixed. It shows. Since they haven't stepped into a digital media classroom, I'm willing to bet there are things missing in the whole process. Its impossible to find other errors, which they don't even know are there. They don't have the knowledge or understanding to know the unseen. Even though they may be able to get alot fixed, they will never see the core issues that will pop up.

I vote that you stop trolling this thread. You've made your opinion plain - there's no need to keep restating it.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.