Ulic Qel-Droma's Fall to Darkness

Okay, so during the Great Sith War, the Sith constructed a machine that could drain the life out of living subjects, it was known as, the Dark Reaper. It needed a great amount of power to function so the Sith made a device which could drain the Force out of living subjects to give it extra power to function. they called it the Force Harvester. Now you may be asking, how did the Jedi defeat it, well Ulic Qel-Droma taught the Jedi techniques to avoid the Reapers effect, and so led the Jedi to victory against the Sith.

After the war, Ulic went to Rhen Var to capture the Dark Reaper, so the Sith brought the Dark Reaper to Rhen Var, Ulic found the Reaper and attempted to capture it, but Ulic fell the abilities of the Reaper, and so it led him to his fall to Darkness.

So when Ulic died, the Sith constructed a tomb on Rhen Var for him to rest, great Dark Force energy was in his tomb. so it allowed him to be a ghost or a spirit. Until around 4000 years later, right after Episode II took place, Dooku found the Force Harvester and on Raxus Prime and he placed the pieces on the planet called Thule.

The main question is how could Ulic teach the Jedi techniques to avoid the Reapers effect but one day fall to its abilities to fall to the ablities of the Reaper to lead him back to darkness?

This is off of KotOR II, but Ulic is a frequently mentioned KotOR character, and I've been confused about this for a long time. if anyone could straighten this out for me, that woudl be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Having read the comics about the Great Sith War, I know of nothing you just posted.

Ulic after the war was unable to touch the force because if he tried lightside he'd end up hurting himself severly do to a sith potion, and he didn't want to use the dark side. He fled civilized space to a small ice world (might have been Rhen Var), where Nomi Sunriders daughter found him and had him train her to be a Jedi. Sylvar still hurting after the death of her mate, and blaming Ulic for that death, eventually found her way to the planet where she ended up not killing him. But the pilot who had transported both Ulic and Sylvar shot Ulic in the back and killed him.

No force ghosts, no fake weapons. That's Ulics post Sith War tale.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nomi severed the Force from him after he lost control and killed his brother.

That too. For some reason I had forgotten that fact.

• 4 weeks later...

From what my understanding was that he taught the Jedi the dark side of the force to resist the Dark Reaper. So when he taught them, he was still technial a Sith Lord that switch over to the Lightside. And this was place during the assault on Exar Kun's headquarters.

Also Ulic fell to the dark side completely due to Aleto Kato's manipulations while he was inflirating the Krath cult to understand how to defeat the Dark Side from the inside.

Edited by DeathScepter

... Oh, I remember that piece of trash game. Honestly that crap is probably considered "non-canon" by most members of the fan establishment because it interferes so much with the Story of Ulic.

most of the EU is trash anyways. No skin off my back

parts of it are parts aren't what we have here is the destruction of a good character for the uses in the video game environment.

Dark Reaper was in the game Star Wars: The Clone Wars. A game which I do have. It is more of a vechile based Star wars game is based at the start of the clone wars. there are three times that you go on foot with a lightsaber and fight droids and other baddies.

I own it too, The Clone Wars didn't give too much info about the Reaper so I looked it up on Wookieepedia.

deicideLogo5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
most of the EU is trash anyways. No skin off my back

Mostly it is. Long live the Kotor series!

Expanded Universe is nothing but garbage? I like Expanded Universe. True the Expanded Universe never takes place during the movies, but remember that The Clone Wars (video game) starts to take place right during the Battle of Geonosis.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Well The truth about EU, For example, The New Jedi Order series is inconstant with the other works. It is true that We need different enemies for the jedi but many times within the New Jedi Order series went over board with Vong.

Also the clone war video game is a good game but it ****s with the story of Ulica story. To the Fans, they love EU to be cleaned up for the most part.

That is why Kotor 1 and 2 are very popular. It is enough like the movies to be enjoyable yet being originial.

ANother thing, Clone Emperor Palpatine during the Dark Empire bugs me alot. His death and only death should have been in Return of the Jedi.

Well The truth about EU, For example, The New Jedi Order series is inconstant with the other works. It is true that We need different enemies for the jedi but many times within the New Jedi Order series went over board with Vong.

Also the clone war video game is a good game but it ****s with the story of Ulica story. To the Fans, they love EU to be cleaned up for the most part.

That is why Kotor 1 and 2 are very popular. It is enough like the movies to be enjoyable yet being originial.

ANother thing, Clone Emperor Palpatine during the Dark Empire bugs me alot. His death and only death should have been in Return of the Jedi.

yeah... somebody needs to go through and create a cannon bible that usually throws out video games that don't jibe with other media.

Clone emperor didn't bother me TOO much. I thought Dark Empire II was taking it too far but I did like bringing him back for DE1 and having Luke play the new vader.

But the video games and NJO stuff has just MANGLED itself... Video games have mangled whatever period they were set in usually (well... most of the "milking" tie ins with the new trilogy anyway) and NJO was extremely inconsistent about how powerful the vong really were (go from barely being killable by jedi, to being slaughtered en masse by troopers), and then decided to make the galaxy really stupid (death to courescant, yavin IV and half the planets you ever heard of!) I did understand the need to generate an overall story arc but the one they came up with was horrid.

Clone Emperor Palpatine sucked in general actually, at first when I found out about another Palpatine (When I was reading The Darkest Knight) ****ed me up inside my head, I was thinking What the hell, I thought he died when Vader threw him in a heat pit on the Death Star II

deicideLogo5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Probably only some of the EU sucks, The Clone Wars, KotOR, Jedi Knight games, Empire at War, those are all good EU games. The Clone Emperor Palpatine is really the only among a few things that sucks about EU.

Clone wars? Good game? in same sentance? Are you smoking? Clone wars was probably one of the most boring games I've ever played.

Kotor and Jedi Knight are both good, but Empire at War is only fun in space battles and the expansion is TOTALLY unbalanced.

*sigh* why can't people remember quality games? Like Tie Fighter, and Dark Forces?