stuck and definitly shouldn't be

I'm at the point where you play as the droid, and need to blast open a door in order to get some spikes for the computer console in order to access the fuel depot terminal to release your main character.

I've gone EVERYWHERE I can go, and there are no items here that are not in my inventory. I've picked up the explosives from the dead man, and when I attempt to place the mine, it tells me my skill is too low.

This makes sense, its a deadly sonic mine, so it takes a fair amount of demolition points to use. I cannot do anything to this door except for attempt to bash it which of course does not work, and attempt to place this mine that I am not able to use.

I don't want to start from my autosave, I think I'd rather not play this game than waste a half hour on a bug that will likely repeat itself.

Please don't direct me to a guide. I've read plenty of them, they simply instruct you to check the dead body downstairs for the mines, and then place one at the door.

Obviously, the guides are leading me straight to a dead end.

EDIT: Okay, upon using my autosave to return to this point THE SAME **** IS HAPPENING. So I started the game from scratch.

I got back to this area and yes, this is as far as I can possibly go. I want my money back! I feel like somebody ripped me off by selling me a demo version or some ****.

Edited by bat69420

Don't worry, there's another way. You just have to blow it open from the console upstairs, the one next to the large window from which you can see the Ebon Hawk. Select the security room camera feed, there's a deactivated T3 unit that you can cause to explode. That will blast the door open.

Don't worry, there's another way. You just have to blow it open from the console upstairs, the one next to the large window from which you can see the Ebon Hawk. Select the security room camera feed, there's a deactivated T3 unit that you can cause to explode. That will blast the door open.

yeah, your right. That's how i did it last time now that I think about it. THnks.

Reduce the difficulty to normal.
I considered that, but forgot the notion before acting on it. Makes sense I suppose.

When playing on difficult, do you get more experience from battle, or does the difficulty simply exist to arbitrarily cahllenge you?