Game freezes when loading

Ok for the holidays I got this game and so far I have run into some problems. First it wouldn't run on windows vista but after tweeking it a bit and installing some patches I managed to get it running smoothly. It was all great until I couldn't load any of my saves. The loading bar gets about a fourth of the way there, when the screen suddenly flashes and then it doesn't move anymore.

I let it run for about fifteen minutes just to make sure it isn't loading slow or something but it didn't move an inch. I have tried to adjust the compadibility and set it as administrator but nothing seems to remedy this. Anyone have any advice or have had the same problem? I would be really thankful for some help.

I can start a new game just fine, it just when I try to load a game it freezes.

What are your system specs?

CPU: AMD turion 64 X2 mobile TL-58

Speed: 3.84 GHz

Ram: 1 GB

Operating system: Windows vista home premium edition 32-bit

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150

Like I said, it runs smoothly with everything on high but it just won't load. It wouldn't load before so I tried downloading the updates but that didn't help at all.

Edited by klein

• 4 weeks later...
What are your system specs?

CPU: AMD turion 64 X2 mobile TL-58

Speed: 3.84 GHz

Ram: 1 GB

Operating system: Windows vista home premium edition 32-bit

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150

Like I said, it runs smoothly with everything on high but it just won't load. It wouldn't load before so I tried downloading the updates but that didn't help at all.

Having the same problem. If you could let me know if you get it sorted that'd be great.

Have you looked at the guide to making K2 work on Vista that is on here?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry760302

I'd get rid of all the patches and try a fresh install as detailed from the link.

(Btw, if you downloaded anything claiming to be a K2 Vista patch you should get rid of it - as far as I'm aware there is no such thing)

Have you looked at the guide to making K2 work on Vista that is on here?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry760302

I'd get rid of all the patches and try a fresh install as detailed from the link.

(Btw, if you downloaded anything claiming to be a K2 Vista patch you should get rid of it - as far as I'm aware there is no such thing)

Already tried it I'm afraid - Lucasarts tech support forum said it might be a buggy conflict with an application extension from another program and I should try uninstalling any dvd related software I'd installed since I last played it successfully which didn't work either...

Gah! ;(

My experience with this problem was that the game wasn't running as an administrator and so it wasn't actually saving any of your games. So even though the name is there, the actual save game isn't and when it tries to load it it freezes part way through because there's no data.

When you try to run it, right click and choose "Run as Administrator" every time you play. I *think* that will fix this.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

• 2 weeks later...