Just bought the game, oh! It doesn't work.

Hey all, I've tried most of the fixes I can find for Kotor 2 TSL, (turning sound off, running XP compatability, Admin rights), right, I start a new game, create character, get through the Yellow text ship going through asteroid field cutscene, then it locks up at the screen after that, I've waited 15 minutes before I get bored and use task manager to end the non-responsive program.

The only problem I can think of is that my video card lacks testosterone being the fact that it's an Intel 950 Chipset, but i can get that far into the game =/ Suggestions anyone?

I have come across this problem myself.

1), The people who designed this game were kinda lazy, it doesn't work on anything other then a godlike xp pc that has the exact specs given as recommended(no better, no worse)

2), Install patch:1a

3), Install patch:1b

3), Install Vista service package(and make sure you don't pay, if you do it's a scam)

4), Search: SWKOTOR2 vista patch: on google(dunno where you live so don't know whether to give american/european link etc...)

This will still leave many problems but it will make a hell of a differance(avoid dantoine and korribian till you find a better solution)

The only problem I can think of is that my video card lacks testosterone being the fact that it's an Intel 950 Chipset

That is, most likely, the problem. Kotor 2 loathes Intel GPUs.

The people who designed this game were kinda lazy, it doesn't work on anything other then a godlike xp pc that has the exact specs given as recommended(no better, no worse)

Bull****. Just because it does not like new drivers or weak GPUs (id est Intel chipsets) that does not mean that the developers were "lazy." Also, the program can run on less than "godlike" PCs with either Vista or XP. :)

Search: SWKOTOR2 vista patch: on google(dunno where you live so don't know whether to give american/european link etc...)

There is no such thing as far as I know, if you installed something it was either a mod or a virus/trojan pretending to be a patch. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

1), The people who designed this game were kinda lazy, it doesn't work on anything other then a godlike xp pc that has the exact specs given as recommended(no better, no worse)

Wrong. I managed to play it with a 64MB graphics card and a 1.3 mhz processor without any problems.

I Also just bought the game, and after installing it tells me i meet all requirments excpet the video card. This is confusing couse i have a New and very good Video card. I start the game, make my char, then push PLAY. Halfway through the load, I get an "Error Message" from Microsoft. It says

" Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lord has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."

I have sent the "Error Report" every time, and havnt gotten a response. Ive downloaded patch 1.0b. The only patch on the site,if theres supposed to be two . After downloading the patch nothing changes. I go back to Update, and this comes up.

"Your game version is: 2.10.427 English

Pinging: swpatch.obsidianent.com

Retrieving autopatcher version information

Connecting... swpatch.obsidianent.com

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_autopatch.txt

Retrieving game patch information

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_english.txt

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been aborted

Pinging: swpatch.obsidianent.com

Retrieving autopatcher version information

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_autopatch.txt

Retrieving game patch information

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_english.txt

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been aborted"

Im completley lost with what might be the problem. Aside from the game not recognizing my newer Video Card. Ok sorry for the long read, and Thank you to any one who helps.

Oh and i have Windows XP, not Vista.

Edited by dhc87