Big list of 2009 PC games

Bokishi

Its not a complete list, you tard.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The only ones that held my attention were the ones also on console.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Humm... I really did not see much besides Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment and Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising* that I would buy right away.

*I will be pre-ordering this as soon as a release date is set. 8)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Dawn of War II - co-op campaign and what seems like a relatively fresh take on the RTS genre gives me interest

Hearts of Iron III - This better work well online this time. Freaking HoI2 >:(

Might get Storm of War: Battle of Britain depending on how it turns out. Woohoo, flight sims! Could be vaporware, who knows?

I guess I might get Diablo III for the co-op as well.

There's a bunch of multi-platform titles I'm pretty interested in, but will probably get the console versions of.

As usual, they completely forgot the entire lineup of the wargame genre as a whole. Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge is at the top of list of anticipated PC games.

They forgot Men of War, too. Sequel of Soldiers and Faces of War!

And my personal GOTY already, Memento Mori!

Memento Mori.

Memento Mori Memento Mori Memento Mori.

MEMENTO MORI! MEMENTO MORI!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Look at all the adventure titles. It makes my little heart weep with joy.

MEMENTO MORI

Listen, you can play a game where you're some blad headed latin speaking guy who has the anti-christ birthed from his backend, but no one else wants to.

And I clicked on the image in your sig five times already but nothing happened. Is my mouse broken?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Dragon Age - check; the only game I plan on getting 100% assuming EA doesn't pull any DRM stupidity. It's the only CRPG I care about in 2009.

Interesting to see Seeker on that list. Logic Factory hasn't done anything in something like 10 years. I played both their earlier games; they dance to a different drum for sure so their games are always unique.

Lots of Adventure games to drool over, but I'll pass if they're too cartoon-like or feature real-time combat (I play Adventure games to get a break from hack-n-slash.)

Diablo 3... only if singleplayer is balanced properly. I'm going to wait for reviews (several of them) before I decide. I already play Titan Quest and it looks better than what little I've seen of D3. I had to modify Diablo 2 quite heavily to remove the annoyances.

Secret World... I've given up on MMOs but if this does indeed come out then perhaps the team will finally produce the third installment of the Longest Journey saga. Dreamfall ended with a cliffhanger or three.

Except for replaying older classics, I'm done with 2D games. It's just too enjoyable to run around in a 3D world.

isn't heavy rain supposed to be out in 09?

Maybe, they still had some actual gameplay that needed to be replaced by pointless quicktime events.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Reluctant Hero sounds fantastic if it actually comes to fruition.

Edit: Hrmm, seems it won't come to fruition. Its a shame.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I am very intrigued by Guitar Rising. That might be an interesting game.

Otherwise only HoI 3 and DoW 2 (plus Alpha Protocol, of course) are games I can say I will buy as soon as they come out. There's definitely some wacky games on that list, though - for example Zeno Clash and Love.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

that's a highly optimistic statement, morgoth... not the "mediocre shooter nobody cares about anymore" part, but the "when DNF comes out" part. yeah, right. how long has it been #1 on wired's vaporware list? :teehee:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

isn't heavy rain supposed to be out in 09?

Maybe, they still had some actual gameplay that needed to be replaced by pointless quicktime events.

It's funny because it's true.

btw, ebgames says dragon age ships on march 23. if they are to be believed...

taks

I think it will be delayed. Though BioDevs would note that it can't be delayed as they haven't announced a release date.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.