Vista and Neverwinter

conan1

Just wondering if any one else is trying to get neverwinter nights and nights 2 to work under windows vista hi.

Have my doubts about nwn1 considering how old it is but I have heard of folks running nwn2 on vista.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

All you need to do to get NWN 1 working is to patch to 1.68 or 1.69 - if you use the latter you must then re-make the shortcut so you launch the actual .exe as the launcher no longer works (it will cause a CTD as soon as the game launches). NWN 2 does not, as far as I know, need any tweaking to run on Vista.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I had some crashes with MotB on Vista 64. I messed with some graphic settings in the game and so far it's been working.

Interesting.. nwn2 has worked fine on my XP 64 platform without issue.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I don't know that 64 bit has much to do with it. NWN2 crashed quite a bit on my 32 bit XP machine, especially towards the end of the game. MotB ran rock solid on that machine (except for the horrible lag, but that's a spec issue). When I started it on Vista, it got many crashes, which I'm pretty sure are related to the video driver, but I seem to have accidentally fixed it, at least so far.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan