DOS game support

Walsingham

I'm replaying Panzer General on my Asus mini laptop, but the scroll speed on the game map is crazy. It's driving me completely nuts, and I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone know how I can change the screen scroll speed inside the DOS emulator or something?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How are you playing it? Through dosbox, or are you just using the command line?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm replaying Panzer General on my Asus mini laptop, but the scroll speed on the game map is crazy. It's driving me completely nuts, and I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone know how I can change the screen scroll speed inside the DOS emulator or something?

Hello,

I am playing a bunch of old games on my Asus Eee PC 1000H as well. I am assuming that you are using Dosbox as the DOS emulator? If so, thry these hotkeys here. Try CTRL-F11 to slow down the emulation and see if that works. I had the same problem with X-COM, but I don't think CTRL - F11 was enough to make it playable, though.

Thanks, purkake. That looks like it may be the answer.

As an aside I think it's great that one can play an old classic game on what is now a bare bones laptop. Hours of quality fun, and with very little battery drain due to simple graphics etc.

Hello,

I am playing a bunch of old games on my Asus Eee PC 1000H as well. I am assuming that you are using Dosbox as the DOS emulator? If so, thry these hotkeys here. Try CTRL-F11 to slow down the emulation and see if that works. I had the same problem with X-COM, but I don't think CTRL - F11 was enough to make it playable, though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks, purkake. That looks like it may be the answer.

As an aside I think it's great that one can play an old classic game on what is now a bare bones laptop. Hours of quality fun, and with very little battery drain due to simple graphics etc.

Hello,

Yeah, it's awesome, I'm getting a new 320GB hard drive for it, because I have filled the 80GB one up with games and have no room for movies :lol:

No strategy gaming enthusiast should be without "War in Russia". Available from Strategy First (the publisher) website for download. Free, no strings attached besides being a dos game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, that's a really good idea, lets talk about our favorite DOS games. Everyone keeps talking about old NES and SNES games but those awesome DOS games get no love.

One game that has a special place in my heart is Blood and Magic. It was a D&D license strategy game with stats, it was one of my first games on the PC and a whole load of fun. Then there are classic games that have been released as freeware: Jetpack and Tyrian 2000. Some of the best FPSs came out as DOS games: Wolfenstein 3d, Doom I/II, Blood, Rise of The Triad, Heretic, Duke Nukem 3d.

Fun times...

Oh and let's not forget Star Control II, which has been re-released as freeware as "The Ur-Quan Masters".

Edited by Purkake

Bouncing Babies, Ghostbusters II, Leisure Suit Larry, Rick Dangerous 2, the Accolade racing games, Chip's Challenge, Lakers Vs. Celtics, not to mention all the games I played on the Amiga.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: