New Obsidz Gaim?

Pop

We know that there isn't a publisher, yet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Because it is an idea/business proposal/vision turning into a game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 1 month later...

"Aliens RPG" was replaced by "our upcoming console RPG" at a few job listings (senior engine programmer, senior graphics programmer) on the Obsidian website.

https://www.creativeheads.net/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=675

https://www.creativeheads.net/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=6508

Senior Graphics Programmer

Platforms: PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Engine / New Technology

Project: TBD

We are looking for a talented senior graphics programmer for our upcoming console RPG.

Lead Artist

Platforms: PS3, XBOX 360, PC

We are looking for a super-talented Lead Artist for our upcoming undisclosed RPG title.

Edited by funcroc

Because it is an idea/business proposal/vision turning into a game.

nope. We dont need no more games, there are plenty of the,m

Games are so two years ago. What's now in the world of entertainment is interpretive dance. Butoh is the new black.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Awesomely fresh! Itd be like "2 furious 4 drizzt" and Vin Diesel would play Elminister and they would enter a rap contest and win a trip to the moon and there would be like a giant robot spider there that they would fight!

You, sir, are Herve Caen and I claim my fifty Euros.

sonsofgygax.JPG

• 1 month later...

some OEI devs working on an unannounced project:

John Gonzalez, lead creative designer (Quote: "Lead Creative Designer, Unannounced RPG at Obsidian Entertainment")

Antonio Govela, character technical director (Quote: "Antonio Govela is Developing Character Pipeline - Unannounced title")

Nathaniel Chapman has been recently promoted to lead systems designer, probably making an unannounced title.

Edited by funcroc

It may be a third expansion pack for NWN2, who knows?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Yeah, NX3 has definitely been considered at least(cf. Urquhart in a recent interview), but that "Character Pipeline" detail makes me think of an entirely new venture.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693953/E...s-Urquhart.html

G4: Are you planning on making any new Neverwinter Nights expansions?

FU: We were talking to Atari about one. The last one sold okay, but not wonderfully. I think it was a really crowded Christmas season. The game industry did really well last year, but I think a lot of dollars went to fewer things. Like Wii Fit and things like that. So Atari will make money on it, but it

FU: We were talking to Atari about one. The last one sold okay, but not wonderfully. I think it was a really crowded Christmas season. The game industry did really well last year, but I think a lot of dollars went to fewer things. Like Wii Fit and things like that. So Atari will make money on it, but it

Meh, no new expansion then...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

DarkSun and Ravenloft setting for D&D license. That's the way to go now in my opinion.

Those settings are diffferent and unique enough with great prospects to make it very interesting in comparison with the present RPG market that consists of Warhammer, The Witcher, Elderscrolls, Dragon Age and the overused Faerun setting.

So if Obsidian could make another expansion, try convincing Atari to let them make one based from Ravenloft since Dark Sun requires revamping of rules due to psychers and epic rulesets. If its a new RPG, convince them to let you make either based on the new D&D edition. There are some hardcore fans for those settings that if you make the games right, they'll be the ones who extend the longevity of the games through word of mouth for a long long time.

I'm not sure Wizards still has the rights to those settings. I seem to remember Ravenloft in particular being sold to White Wolf, though that might have been my imagination.

I wouldn't bet much money on an official foray into Darksun or Planescape. No sense in creating interest in a setting you're not supporting otherwise.

I seem to remember Ravenloft in particular being sold to White Wolf, though that might have been my imagination.

Ravenloft wasn't sold to WW, just licensed, and the license was called back a few years ago by WotC.

20795.jpg

Bugga. Thought WoTC is bringing back Dark Sun into their 4th edition since they are reviving some old settings. Happends DS wasn't one of them.

And for Ravenloft's status, quote from wiki:

In September 2008, it was announced on Wizard of the Coast's 'Digital Insider #6' that Ravenloft would be reintroduced to 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons in the October issue of the 'Dragon' online magazine. It was noted that it would be 'folded into the core [story]', implying that it would not be a campaign setting of its own, and instead become part of the canonical Dungeons & Dragons universe. In 2007, Wizards of the Coast announced the printing of two new Ravenloft novels for 2008, Black Crusade and The Sleep of Reason[3], fueling more speculations. A short story by Ari Marmell, "Before I Wake," based around the realms of Darkon, Lamordia and Bluetspur was released on October 31st 2007 on the Wizards of the Coast website as a special for Halloween and featured characters inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and Clarke Ashton Smith [4].

So Ravenloft has a pretty good chance to be ported into computer games. Problem though is whether they are willing to take risk in creating the game first as a marketing platformfor the reintroduction of Ravenloft, or take wait and see approach whether Ravenloft is profitable in their PnP market before making the move.

another devs promoted or working on a new project according to LinkedIn.

Matt Festa, lead area designer (profile recently updated from "designer")

Mark Bremerkamp, lead animator (profile recently updated from "senior animator")

David Espinoza, environment artist (working on "Unannounced Game")

Who will be the project director or lead designer on a new project? J.E. Sawyer or Tony Evans?

Edited by funcroc

I'm not sure Wizards still has the rights to those settings. I seem to remember Ravenloft in particular being sold to White Wolf, though that might have been my imagination.

I wouldn't bet much money on an official foray into Darksun or Planescape. No sense in creating interest in a setting you're not supporting otherwise.

I don't know how you feel about 4e, but WotC has revamped the way they do settings. Each setting gets one campaign book, one player book, and one adventure, and those books come out once a year.

Forgotten Realms - 2008

Eberon - 2009

Darksun - 2010

Ravenloft - 2011

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Bugga. Thought WoTC is bringing back Dark Sun into their 4th edition since they are reviving some old settings. Happends DS wasn't one of them.

Actually, there's a lot of speculation that next year's campaign setting will be Dark Sun. The proponents of this seem to have made a compelling argument for it.