World of Darkness Online News now live!

Rhomal

[quote name='H

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I heard Blizzard is working on a new MMO project which will be completely different from WoW. I'm more hawt on that than the current WOD MMO, which is still years off, if it will be released at all.

Got a source on that? Sounds interesting. Those blizzard peeps sure know how to make a game :-

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I heard Blizzard is working on a new MMO project which will be completely different from WoW. I'm more hawt on that than the current WOD MMO, which is still years off, if it will be released at all.

Got a source on that? Sounds interesting. Those blizzard peeps sure know how to make a game :)

So let me understand the double standard, wow which is in the dictionary of grindfest is a great game, however anyone else is labeled as a grindfest and dismissed? Seems like the same bias V has of bioware, if it has there name on it HAS to be good. (I love V, no offense intended just my observation which he knows about already).

Since we don't know what the system they are going to use is or the type of direction, WoD wise, its quite early to write it off and say they are following in the footsteps of wow or another griendfest. What we do know sounds promising as they do not feel the need to be held chained down by the PnP mechanics which certainly is a plus IMO. What is known can be seen here:

http://www.wodonlinenews.net/Wiki/tabid/64...Darkness+MMORPG

Which isn't a lot but they apparently are testing out several systems so again they shows me the dev team is very dynamic and open to more then the same formula.

Call it dead already if you want but until more details pop up its simply (biased) opinion on your part as no one can make a informed decision until more info comes out.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Damn, damn, damn... Now I'll have to decide if my hatred of MMOs or my love of The World of Darkness is greater - unless it's a non-pay-for-play game that is... :ermm:

That is my feeling as well. *IF* this game actually does come out... I might actually be interested.

Nice site Rhomal, hopefully more *real* info will come out on this.

Damn, damn, damn... Now I'll have to decide if my hatred of MMOs or my love of The World of Darkness is greater - unless it's a non-pay-for-play game that is... :)

That is my feeling as well. *IF* this game actually does come out... I might actually be interested.

Nice site Rhomal, hopefully more *real* info will come out on this.

Thank you, I did my best. Not 100% happy with the skin but its workable for now. Indeed I expect this upcoming year more info will come out. Perhaps not a ton but I have a feeling some. Call it a gut feeling.

Hope you pop by often and feel free to jump in the forums! ;)

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Seems the WoD Online project is going from pre-production to full production this march:

http://www.wodonlinenews.net/Home/tabid/36...ew-meaning.aspx

Which means, so it would seem, some more info coming our way soon.

Edited by Rhomal

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

• 2 weeks later...

A public CCP doc was stumbled upon, dated last summer and they specificly talk about the MMO and their target release date is 2010...

http://www.wodonlinenews.net/Home/tabid/36...ne-details.aspx

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

• 1 month later...

The EVE expansion is around the corner... once released then WoDO goes into full production according to cpp. Should be some exciting news around the corner next few weeks.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Who cares? Its EVE. You'd think only rocket scientists played it. :sorcerer:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Who cares? Its EVE. You'd think only rocket scientists played it. o:)

I personally do not care much for eve myself. Though I applaude all their efforts and skill at making a niche MMO very successful... however after the xp is released WoDO goes into full production.. hence the point :)

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

- Doreen Valiente

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't the Masquerade setting killed off and a new one put in its place?

Like no more Tremre, Malkavians now a subclan of Ventrue etc. :biggrin:

Which would make this Vampire: The Requiem, right?

While not confirmed either way is pretty much assumed by the community they are not going to use a setting they killed off 4 yrs ago. However a comment was also made by one of the WW folk that not to expect a exact translation of the PnP version to the MMO version. This does leave some hope that they may actually create a hybrid version, though granted that is probably a slim chance. But it does leave the door open for them not to be chained down by the PnP rules which IMO is a good thing.

I have it on good word it is going to be a M rated game for whatever that is worth to you.

And they are called bloodlines, yes ventrue in the new version are most susceptible to mental disorders. Thus one of their bloodlines is the malkavian.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

However a comment was also made by one of the WW folk that not to expect a exact translation of the PnP version to the MMO version. This does leave some hope that they may actually create a hybrid version, though granted that is probably a slim chance.

No chance at all. All they mean is that, much like Redemption and Bloodlines didn't use an exact translation of the Vampire: The Masquerade PnP ruleset, the MMO won't use an exact translation of the Vampire: The Requiem PnP ruleset. It's just the nature of translating PnP to computer game.

No such thing as 'no chance' in our universe. Some things are simply more probable then others. And while that is probably what he was implying until we get a factual dev quote or data showing such its really just opinion at this point. My only point was the fact nothing has been said that has eliminated any possibilities. But again, some of the assumptions are more probable then others.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Wasn't the Masquerade setting killed off and a new one put in its place?

Like no more Tremre, Malkavians now a subclan of Ventrue etc. ;(

Which would make this Vampire: The Requiem, right?

While not confirmed either way is pretty much assumed by the community they are not going to use a setting they killed off 4 yrs ago. However a comment was also made by one of the WW folk that not to expect a exact translation of the PnP version to the MMO version. This does leave some hope that they may actually create a hybrid version, though granted that is probably a slim chance. But it does leave the door open for them not to be chained down by the PnP rules which IMO is a good thing.

I have it on good word it is going to be a M rated game for whatever that is worth to you.

And they are called bloodlines, yes ventrue in the new version are most susceptible to mental disorders. Thus one of their bloodlines is the malkavian.

Wanted to hear Requiem was trashed and a new one, more like the Masquerade was replacing it. :)

This will still go on my watch list, since very few games revolve around vampires and werewolves.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

;(

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

Werewolves bad.

Vampires pretty.

:)

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."